Eminem on Last.fm's 'Green Day Fan Radio'

nessa1416

Alright, so at the moment i'm listening to Last.fm's Green Day fan radio station, and they're playing Eminem's 'Superman'. This station is supposed to be for Green Day fans, and I'm not trying to over-generalize, but typically Green Day fans aren't Eminem fans...

Can you guys see any similarities between Green Day and Eminem that would make last.fm put them on the same 'fan' radio station?

BTW: This song is horrendus (sp?)...its about beating women and such things :ermm:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No i dont see any similiarites, but i like eminem. Not to the point where i listen to his stuff regularly, but i don't dislike his music, If any of his stuff comes on i wont change it.

^ I agree. But then again "Lose Yourself" is a great song. Some of his stuff is ok and he is a great rapper.

i dont see any similarities but i dont think all his music is that bad, yeah there are some songs that are really lame but not all

i don't think last.fm is the one that picks out the songs, i'm pretty sure they go off of tagging. like some radiohead fans got the band onto the playlist for one of the Anti-Radiohead stations

also, green day and eminem are both very popular. they get played on the same networks, and most likely have a similar fanbase.

hmm i like eminem i love the song shake that . . . . anyway not every radio station will playing all great music (w/exception of live 105)

No i dont see any similiarites, but i like eminem. Not to the point where i listen to his stuff regularly, but i don't dislike his music, If any of his stuff comes on i wont change it.

same here.

I dislike Eminem to a point where I hate him almost. I fail to see any similarities in their music. But the people at last.fm must so whatever.

I do actually have a good reason to hate Eminem, in case you were wondering.

I thought this was going to be about some pointless diatribe of Eminem's against Green Day, which wouldn't surprise me.

^^^ You must be right, cuz they just played N*Sync :mellow:

That is just weird!

I agree with you that they sometimes play the weirdest music there, that's supposed to be similar to Green Day. But N*sync?

I just remembered - I saw something briefly on Google where a U2 fan was saying "Oh my God! They're collaborating with Green Day???!! I mean - what next - R Kelly??" :mad: :whoops:

I just remembered - I saw something briefly on Google where a U2 fan was saying "Oh my God! They're collaborating with Green Day???!! I mean - what next - R Kelly??" :mad: :whoops:

Hiss.... :mad:

Hiss.... :mad:

Make that Boo Hiss :verymad:

I can't see any simailarities between them and Eminem--but they both hate Bush so maybe thats it?

So, because they both don't like Bush, they'd throw in an Eminem song bashing Mariah Carey, instead of fe. Mosh, which actually is about Bush.

I don't know how that whole last.fm system works, but that kind of reasoning is a little beyond me.

ditto

I don't like Eminem, but he have some good songs that I like.

I think that the only similarities between Green Day and Eminem it's that they both have characters in there albums.

Green day - St. Jimmy

Eminem - Slim Shady

Archived