Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Simple Plan

• Please log in to reply
1319 replies to this topic

Harry Potter.

Harry Potter.
  • Dominated Love Slave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,913 posts
  • Joined Feb 12, 2012
  • 982 rep

I can't believe they're still playing the same set since the beginning of the tour... That must be so boring lol

Haha, good point! xD

Well, if they were bored they'd change it. Anyway, what's the setlist?

Spoiler

They really don't seem to be bored. I saw them live not long ago, and they really put out a great, funny, and entertaining show.

DannyDirnt

DannyDirnt
  • Pokémon Master

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,007 posts
  • Joined Feb 28, 2012
  • 3,521 rep

Haha, good point! xD

Spoiler

They really don't seem to be bored. I saw them live not long ago, and they really put out a great, funny, and entertaining show.
Thanks :D And I'm interested to listen to the No Pads, No Helmets... Just Balls medley. I wonder it will be like the Spice Girls' medley for the Olympics...

Insomniac45

Insomniac45
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Joined Sep 16, 2012
  • 256 rep
Man, they honestly need to change up their setlist. It's been the same for like a year now lol. They need to add more No Pads, No Helmets, Just Balls songs on it, like My Alien, When I'm With You, etc.

Justin

Justin
  • Hard Don

• 2,183 posts
  • Joined Nov 07, 2009
  • 1,290 rep

Man, they honestly need to change up their setlist. It's been the same for like a year now lol. They need to add more No Pads, No Helmets, Just Balls songs on it, like My Alien, When I'm With You, etc.

So many bands do that, i do wish some bands were more like Green Day, Jimmy Eat World and Frank Turner and mixing each night up.
Blink 182 are the worst for it it

DannyDirnt

DannyDirnt
  • Pokémon Master

• 9,007 posts
  • Joined Feb 28, 2012
  • 3,521 rep
What I enjoy is the medley of I'm Sexy and I Know It/Dynamite/Moves Like Jagger. More like I like the Moves Like Jagger part xD we need an official recording!

Kid A

Kid A
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Joined Jun 13, 2011
  • 489 rep
I basically spent my elementary days listening to these guys, Perfect was my favorite.
But as I got older they were mediocre at best. No offense to fans but that's just me.

Harry Potter.

Harry Potter.
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,913 posts
  • Joined Feb 12, 2012
  • 982 rep

I basically spent my elementary days listening to these guys, Perfect was my favorite.
But as I got older they were mediocre at best. No offense to fans but that's just me.

Nah, sort of the same happened to me. I mean, I still like them but they're not like... WOW SIMPLE PLAN! I LOVE THEM! I'd like to hear their new album if it comes out, but I'm just not that crazy about them any more.

Edit: And I'm not saying I was this type of a "crazy teen fanboy" screaming SIMPLE PLAN YES I LOVE THEM SO SO SO MUCH!!!, I just really liked them a lot. Now I just... Like them.

DannyDirnt

DannyDirnt
  • Pokémon Master

• 9,007 posts
  • Joined Feb 28, 2012
  • 3,521 rep
I'm not crazy about them either. I just like their music.

whatshername0303

whatshername0303
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 986 posts
  • Joined Jul 18, 2010
  • 148 rep
I haven't seen them in the GYHO tour, but the setlist seems great! Does someone plan to buy the book? :happy:

No Rhyme Or Reason

No Rhyme Or Reason
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • Joined Sep 23, 2009
  • 656 rep
I'm buying the book! I can't wait to read it. I've been listening to Simple Plan since 2004 - before Green Day. They were one of my first favorite bands, but I never really paid enough attention to know their whole story, so now I'll finally be up to date. Nobody Likes You made me appreciate Green Day on a whole new level - like I had more of a personal connection or something. So hopefully this Simple Plan book will kind of have a similar effect.

I've never seen them live, but my sister saw them I think late last year. Maybe on their next album tour I'll finally get to see them.

Does anyone know if they're going to do a live DVD/CD thing? I think they said a while ago that they wanted to release one, and have some bonus songs that didn't make it onto Get Your Heart On on it.

DannyDirnt

DannyDirnt
  • Pokémon Master

• 9,007 posts
  • Joined Feb 28, 2012
  • 3,521 rep
Just realised they were in Spain yesterday on tour :lol:

No Rhyme Or Reason

No Rhyme Or Reason
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • Joined Sep 23, 2009
  • 656 rep

Just realised they were in Spain yesterday on tour http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/...

Yeah, they were in Madrid, right? I wanted to go, but I don't have money right now :(

DannyDirnt

DannyDirnt
  • Pokémon Master

• 9,007 posts
  • Joined Feb 28, 2012
  • 3,521 rep

Yeah, they were in Madrid, right? I wanted to go, but I don't have money right now http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/...

I think so I don't know haha I keep my money for Green Day

whatshername0303

whatshername0303
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 986 posts
  • Joined Jul 18, 2010
  • 148 rep

I'm buying the book! I can't wait to read it. I've been listening to Simple Plan since 2004 - before Green Day. They were one of my first favorite bands, but I never really paid enough attention to know their whole story, so now I'll finally be up to date. Nobody Likes You made me appreciate Green Day on a whole new level - like I had more of a personal connection or something. So hopefully this Simple Plan book will kind of have a similar effect.

I've never seen them live, but my sister saw them I think late last year. Maybe on their next album tour I'll finally get to see them.

Does anyone know if they're going to do a live DVD/CD thing? I think they said a while ago that they wanted to release one, and have some bonus songs that didn't make it onto Get Your Heart On on it.

The book is really good, I just finished it. It has a lot of details that I didn't know about the band. It takes me to another level, like you said.
I think they're going to release a DVD and an EP next year but I don't know if they will be live or not.

Dr. Queen Schultz

Dr. Queen Schultz
  • feel the boogie all night long

• 16,251 posts
  • Joined Jul 27, 2008
  • 4,329 rep
Oh man, I really hope I'll have enough money to get tickets for Rock am Ring.
I could see Simple Plan AND Green Day AND 30 seconds to mars at one festival. :o It's been over 4 years that I've seen them live. :(

Advertising

missminority182

missminority182
  • Field of Innocence.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,910 posts
  • Joined Dec 06, 2011
  • 1,349 rep

i guess i'm one of the few people who can actually stand them here...

not the only one i can stand them... but i used to listen to them religiously when i was a child of 9-10 years of age.

DannyDirnt

DannyDirnt
  • Pokémon Master

• 9,007 posts
  • Joined Feb 28, 2012
  • 3,521 rep

I like them. But I listen to just a few songs by them. They've fell apart for me with time.

desertrose

desertrose
  • Best Thing In Town

• 8,120 posts
  • Joined Mar 11, 2011
  • 9,527 rep

Simple Plan will officially be releasing their new 7-song EP “Get Your Heart On – The Second Coming!” on December 3rd, but you can currently stream the whole thing over here.

http://www.alterthep...n-get-your.html

The band released their latest album “Get Your Heart On” in June, 2011 through Atlantic Records.

Overjoyyed

Overjoyyed
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 993 posts
  • Joined Oct 10, 2012
  • 449 rep

I love simple plan they were my fave band until 2009 when I went to my first Green Day show. But i still love them so much so they get a close second in my books! This was the band that I loved the longest- 10 years I was a fan since I was 13! I don't care if they are not "cool" or shit! The music is so much fun and makes me smile and their shows are so much fun to attend! 

I got to meet them at Indigo for a book signing of their biography book and it was a dream come true- it was so surreal and they were all really kind! 

Neon Light

Neon Light
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Joined Jan 22, 2010
  • 408 rep
Simple Plan were insane yesterday at Warped Tour!

darenmay

darenmay
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts
  • Joined Sep 28, 2008
  • 245 rep

I saw them twice. They were soo good live, very interactive and entertaining.  

Overjoyyed

Overjoyyed
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 993 posts
  • Joined Oct 10, 2012
  • 449 rep

Anybody listen/buy their new ep?

desertrose

desertrose
  • Best Thing In Town

• 8,120 posts
  • Joined Mar 11, 2011
  • 9,527 rep

Check out our official lyric video for Ordinary Life! What extraordinary things are you planning on accomplishing in 2014?

Neon Light

Neon Light
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Joined Jan 22, 2010
  • 408 rep

Anybody listen/buy their new ep?

Yeah it's pretty good.

DannyDirnt

DannyDirnt
  • Pokémon Master

• 9,007 posts
  • Joined Feb 28, 2012
  • 3,521 rep

I can't believe the news about the EP were posted in the next post after I just looked at this thread :lol:

Lately I'm listening to them a lot. They have INCREDIBLE lyrics that are helping me a lot right now. I just listen to everything by them. And that EP is really great!

IlariaIDIOT

IlariaIDIOT
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,312 posts
  • Joined Sep 17, 2010
  • 430 rep

They're one of my favorite band and I've been listening to them before I was in middle school. 
Unluckly, I've never seen them live and I'm still waiting an amazing gig. 

They have INCREDIBLE lyrics that are helping me a lot right now. 

That's why I will always them. 
The lyrics are not only 'awesome' or 'cool' but idk powerful. 
I've been listening to Lucky One for a week because there's a shitty moment and it relaxes me so much

Mega Man

Mega Man
  • Little One

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Joined Nov 15, 2009
  • 32 rep

Early to mid 2000s pop punk always has a fond place in my heart. Probably my most nostalgic band from that era is Simple Plan, but it seemed like there always was a good pop punk act that didn't try to hard to be edgy or deep; they were just out there to have fun and play what they wanted. Simple Plan's first two albums were very listenable, and they could actually sing about life issues without coming off as preachy or whiny. Looking back, some of their stuff seemed a little simplistic, but overall, they've aged well.

Flash forward to now, I've barely heard from them. I guess it's a sign of the changing times, though it is cool that they're still putting stuff out. If they played a show close enough to my area, I'd definitely try to make it out to see 'em.

Cath

Cath
  • stick it to the man

• 6,022 posts
  • Joined Nov 24, 2012
  • 3,670 rep

i'm going to the rockfest festival this summer and Reset are playing there :D i'm so excited! i saw them (simple plan) last summer and they were awesome so no doubt it's gonna be real good :D

Overjoyyed

Overjoyyed
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 993 posts
  • Joined Oct 10, 2012
  • 449 rep

i'm going to the rockfest festival this summer and Reset are playing there :D i'm so excited! i saw them (simple plan) last summer and they were awesome so no doubt it's gonna be real good :D

Oh wow I didn't know they played as reset anymore. 

Cath

Cath
  • stick it to the man

• 6,022 posts
  • Joined Nov 24, 2012
  • 3,670 rep

Oh wow I didn't know they played as reset anymore. 

me neither! i went crazy when i saw them on the lineup :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users