U2 to record with Green Day / Confirmed

Fuzz

I haven't posted this on the mainsite, since i'd much rather wait for a more formal clarification - but according to this forum post U2 and Green Day are going to record a song.

--

U2 TO RECORD

Well, that is what Bono told this afternoon over the phone to Michka Assayas - author of the book Bono on Bono. Bono sang an old Skids song to him, explaining that U2 is to record it soon with Green Day.

--

I guess i'm posting both for dicussion, and to see if we can find anymore info about it. I don't know if it's true, but this was sent to me through the "submit news", so i figured it at least wouldn't hurt to find some more info about it.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a collaboration that will be. I will be looking forward to it, as I enjoy both bands. Even if U2 is boring live compared to Green Day. Both are very talented bands and both are on top of the world right now. :thumbsup:

edit: Let me clarify, I enjoy Green Day like a lunatic, and in the 80's I liked U2's music.

By "both bands" i assume you mean Green Day and Bono.

Actually I meant U2 and Green Day. Am I missing something? :/ Are you insinuating that Bono is the only musician in U2? :P

wow, that would be very interesting. U2 and Green Day is a weird combination, I'd like to hear them together.

i smell another Wake me up when september ends. dammit. i doubt this i real though i wouldnt read too much into it.

i just think it would turn out really slow and boring. like a ballad. i liked when they did songs with iggy pop :woot:

Very interesting. I never fathomed that U2 and Green Day would record a song...

Its been in the planning stages for quite some time. Silly.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Could this be the big news? Like, could it be a charity single?

I don't know The Skids at all, so I've no idea what it could sound like, but collaborations like this are either great or some kind of hideous half-breed. When I hear of 'oldie' artists collaborating with newer artists like this, I get the vision of some old vampire getting a lease of life from virgin blood, lol - and Bono could do with a transfusion, for sure!

That said, I love his vocals - no-one else in rock can soar like he can, and he and Billie Joe are both tenors, it could work; and a jam between both bands would surely get the sparks flying. Fuck, The Edge and that echo pedal, though - where does that fit in?

And above all, I sincerely hope that Bono doesn't give Billie Joe religion - The Jesus of Suburbia is so not a lie!!

Actually I meant U2 and Green Day. Am I missing something? :/ Are you insinuating that Bono is the only musician in U2? :P

I as insinuating that Bono is the only one in U2 'on the top of the world'

Again, lets not treat this as fact just yet. People can post whatever the fuck they want on the internet.

thats true like i could post that billie joe was shot dead in public today while taking a walk but who would be that mean to do such a thing

Archived