Seize the Green Day

Fuzz

i got the chance to hug her!

and you, and cuddles

EVERYONE HUG ME :runaround:

pardon me sir, but i do declare you did more than "hug" cuddles. hugs all around at the BJA/MM lecture. I think its gonna be a big fat GDC love-in.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It sucks that I'm just now reading this. Kudos to whomever brought it back.

• 8 months later...

I choose not to use FaceBook, but because of this choice, I keep missing out on LOADS of different Green Day fan opportunities and events --- And this is seriously starting to piss me off.

I want to be a part of things like Niki's novel, but I fucking despise. Abhor. Hate. Hate. HATE FaceBook, so I'm seriously torn as to what to do. Stay true to myself and stay away from FaceBook, or knuckle under and start being more active in the Green Day fan world ...?

I win both ways, but I lose both ways, as well. :(

• 3 months later...

YES, I am late. But now I finally made it to buy the book (without shipping :lol:)

It arrived today and since then I can't stop looking and reading in it. This will lead to some new none-stop-reading-days! :D

I'm seriously planning on meeting up with dear niki at a coffee shop or something so I can buy the book. No point In ordering it when we live so close!

Niki involving me in that book turned out to be the greatest gift of all. Because she did, my parents were finally proud of me for something. There are no words or amounts of thanks I can give her, really.

I'm done with the book just by now and all I'm able to say is: WOW! :woot:

It's an awesome book with an awesome story and as many people mentioned before, it's like a yearbook for us, the Green Day fans.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...

niki lee @nikilee101 Mar 29

it's official: 'Seize the @GreenDay' enters the @RockHallLibrary (Rock and Roll Hall of Fame) love~niki

Bj6fXlHCEAAb9eV.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Seize-Green-Day-Volume-2/dp/1470197499

Selected by the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2014, Seize the Green Day is the unlikely story of how 45-year-old agoraphobic punk rock groupie Niki Lee traveled from Baltimore to Berlin following Green Day. The California-based band was at the height of their historic American Idiot tour. Lee turns middle-age angst into a serendipitous adventure. Includes Billie Joe Armstrong's Broadway performances in American Idiot and over 150 pages of fan stories and photos. Carpe Diem Viridis!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I wasn't around when this thread first started, so it was lovely to read now! What a heartfelt story that most of us fans can relate to in one way or another. I recently wrote something that started out as a short story about growing up an outcast weirdo in the 90s, but which quickly evolved into how Green Day shaped who I am and the relationships in my life, most notably with my two best friends. I never set out to write a Green Day story per se, but to deny the momentous effect they had on my life would be a lie. It would be nice to put it out there for other fans to read some day, who knows. in the meantime, this was a true inspiration!

Archived