Surprising Green Day?!

Ultimo3000

i heard some good and bad things about them and they're only human its not like they're perfect fucking people. come on.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, guess I should tell my reaction than. In the moment, I tought like 'WTF?! Billie is married!' but then I started to picture the scene and... Nevermind. Unfortunetly I never actually saw it.

oh dear me - and - *cringes* you're a guy

I used to be angry that Billie Joe was arrested for drunk driving, but when I read that the authorities said he was co-operative and he didn't even say who he was, like yelling in a drunken rage, "I'M BILLIE JOE FUCKING ARMSTRONG! YOU CAN'T ARREST ME!" blah blah blah..when I read that he didnt do that or anything then I felt a bit better about the whole situation..lol

i heard he was at .18 and thats pretty drunk, he probably didn't even remember his name

It was the washer. He used dryer in Deadbeat Holiday because it rhymes with liar. :lol:

I was surprised Billie was 32 (when I found out how old he was). I thought he was so much younger. I was also pretty shocked when he said he would rather vote Kerry. I never really knew much about politics though...

i used to think awhile ago that the guys were 38 yrs. old. but then i really got into searching on the net about gd and found out that they were 32 (when i really got into them).

Tre's tragic unicycle accident :ermm:

and when I forst found out Billie was bi - it doesn't bother me I just wasnt expecting it

i heard some good and bad things about them and they're only human its not like they're perfect fucking people. come on.

I dont think anyone asked you if you heard good or bad things, I think the question was anything you were surprised about or anything negative and if so what was it. :)

I don't really care how many guys they've all kissed or how many rats they've kissed (not like I've never done that...hell I put a live goldfish in my mouth...)... I'm not bothered by anything they do. Unless they murdered me or something, then I might be a tad bit bothered.

It was the washer. He used dryer in Deadbeat Holiday because it rhymes with liar. :lol:

I was surprised Billie was 32 (when I found out how old he was). I thought he was so much younger. I was also pretty shocked when he said he would rather vote Kerry. I never really knew much about politics though...

Lol, I thought that rhyme was pretty convenient ! Jeez, I bet he was picking fur and bits of cat-jaw and whatnot out of his clothes forever!

I kind of like the fact that he said would 'rather' vote for Kerry instead of that he actually wanted to. :)

When i first became a fan/Teenie stage. When i found out that Billie said in an article that he is Bi i was so upset i cried :ermm:

:lol:

When I found out he was Bi I was kind of surprised for a day or two but eh who cares.

My friend was surprised when I told her (last year) that they are 33 as she thought they were in their 20s and I was surprised when I found out that tre milked a dog and that Billie Joe first recorded a record when he was 5. I also know a lot of people who are surprised when they find out that American Idiot isn't their first album.

Yes, many things Green Day have done have shocked me, but i've always thought they were really hilarious or awesome. I love those men to death.

Does Green Day surprise me?

Yeah! It’s all part of the package - their something unpredictable. Hey, I guess that’s their fucking magic I try not to question it (besides of the zillion things I already do). These guys keep me on the edge of my seat with what they do- isn’t it AI that threw everyone off balance and into the next fucking millennium, yeah?

It started a fucking revolution - I don’t know about you, but that’s enough to call it a 'surprise' for everyone.

About the rat thing (Lol), ever thought of the leftover cocaine scenario?

Does Green Day surprise me?

Well when I read that Tre beat a shark with a bat and Billie killed his sons pet rat (even though out of compassion, since it was dying anyways), I wasn't to happy. =[

where did you hear that billie joe killed a pet rat? :blink:

The first suprising thing I found out was that Billie Joe has kids--which I didn't like at first, but now I don't care. I think it's nice he has kids. I just thought he was a lot younger than he really was. :)

That's all I can think of. Nothing else they do pisses me off. And no matter what they do, I'll still love their music. :thumbsup:

yeah, i was startled, and now it's something i don't rather care about, really. i always thought billie joe was a talented 24 year old (cause i read it on a web site, and it LIED) and had been bplaying in a band since he was like, 11 :blink: yeah, you know i'm a genius. :cool: (i probably spelled it wrong too.)

LOL mental image- billie holding a rat by its tail, son crying, and billie going "Bitch shut the fuck up! don't make me go all son of rage on your ass." :lol: that'd be so mean, but so funny.

:lol::lol: I'm dying here. . . :lol::lol:

And nothing really surprised me about them.

where did you hear that billie joe killed a pet rat? :blink:

He said it in a interview towards the end of the AI tour - I think it was with Rolling Stone.

haha well there are many things I'm sure I wouldn't do but I've learned to love them the fucking way they are :wub:

The first time I heard that Mike and Billie kissed I was kinda surprised.

ya i was too

Naw, why would he hold it by the tail - it could have bit his guitar hand, which would be my chief concern in the whole Billie Joe/rat scenario, lol! I mean, did he twist its ratty neck - like, 'you pushed me once too far again...!'

And as to the topic - Green Day surprise me all the time, but it's all good!

good point :lol:

I never realized they were over 30. I didn't realize they were under 30 either. I kinda just thought of them as immortal before someone put a number to them for me.

And no one here believes me that Billie Joe is married and has only been married once. :sleep:

When i read that mike had a daughter i was surprised at first for some reason. but i love that he has a huge tattoo of her name on his arm!!! i think its really cute actually.... :blush:

i thought it was kind of weird that they only made dookie for "lunch money" or whatever. thats the only thing i wonder about. oh and i wish billie would kiss girls instead of guys at concerts. then i'd have a chance!

^^im right there with you :eyebrows:

When I started liking them enough to read stuff about them and such (obviously we're all far beyond that stage now!) I was really surprised to find out how old they are. I realized that they had been around for quite a while, but they really don't look their ages. Especially Billie. And I was also surprised that Billie has kids and is married. I was never the teenie type of deal, and I think they are so adorable together it's not even funny!

Archived