Hanging out on a Green Day Forum

**nobodylikesyou**

Hanging out on a forum  

124 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My family thinks its weird that I have "internet" friends.

I was just wondering if I am the only person who gets a hard time for hanging out

with Green Day fans on the computer

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no, you're not alone. and if i'm not mistaken this has been done before- if not, terribly sorry.

edit* nevermind. there are threads that are sort of bits and pieces of this topic, but not fully.

meh my mom doesnt care dont really go up to my firends and say "OMG so like on gdc the other day there is this really annoying girl and . . . . . and . . . and trueamericanidiot and yeah. . . but i think its odd that i come here too but i dont care its cool on here

People find it weird, my parents laugh at me because of it. I like it here so I dont care. And I go on 2 forums. Here and Punkxinxdrublic

Uhumm... not really. I dont think I go round telling people about my "internet friends". But I bet everyone has them, anyway, so whats so weird about it.

Uhumm... not really. I dont think I go round telling people about my "internet friends". But I bet everyone has them, anyway, so whats so weird about it.

Exactly, internet friends should remain internet friends and real life friends should remain real life friends, I don't talk about my internet friends to my real life friends, I don't talk about my real life friends to my internet friends. My parents don't care that I have them, I don't care that I have them.

not, because they dont know. i dont have any "internet friends" either. sometimes i look over at my post count and it kinda....freaks me out. its like, if i get up to 8000, 10000 or something....its like its part of my life. i just really dont wanna get to that point. im gonna start trying to cut back once school starts. nothing against you guys or your site or anything....its just kinda wierd.

I'll tell my friends the funny storys I read on here and it makes them laugh :lol:

Guest stjimmyflake

Exactly, internet friends should remain internet friends and real life friends should remain real life friends, I don't talk about my internet friends to my real life friends, I don't talk about my real life friends to my internet friends. My parents don't care that I have them, I don't care that I have them.

wow thats sad in someway..

i have bunch friends from myspace we becoming best buddy..

and some of them do see each other when they can. one of our friend is coming to uk this week (she is from Australia) and i think about 6 ppl going to met up...and i think those ppl are more then just good friends

anyway i think i met some really cool ppl in here and i know this friendship will stay.

My parents don't know. And only two of my friends know that I come here, they don't think it's weird, I sometimes tell them stories about the weirdest topics... they like 'em.

My parents have axcepted that i like to spend my hole time on Green Day!

Maybe in the beggining they were a little bit streaky but no now! As for me i totally agree with myselg being on this forum and i think i will nevr regret it cuz its awsome here!

People already think i'm weird. this would probably make me seem less weird, for some reason, lol. I usually don't tell anyone about what i do on the internet, b/c i know i'll regret it in the end :dry:

Very few people know tbh. Bloke thinks it's OK - he chats on gaming forums but he thinks I'm obsessed (quite rightly) with Green Day. Most of my friends kind of go all quiet when I talk about it. So I think they think I'm being childish. Hurrah for immaturity :thumbsup:

I don't tell anyone what I do. Why should they find it weird? I don't really know why they would. But that's just me.

my parents think i'm weird talking to people i dont know on the internet, i dont think it's weird, and GDC is the only forum - i've tried others but i might as well put all my energy into one - i dunno...i cant imagine NOT being a part of it now :D It's a great forum full of generally great people, and anyway, we try to get rid of the teenies :thumbsup: and most forums are full of them :down:

My parents don't really care that I go on forums. I go on one other forum and that's one for my football team and I sit with a lot of people that go on there at games so I know them personally. My parents think that's cool :)

My parents don't even know I'm on a forum. They don't even know what a forum is.

my parents don't know, but my sister does. she thinks its kinda weird, but kinda cool at the same time.

i just think its great that you get to interact with other people and stuff under one basic cause, so i don't think its weird, and if other people think it is, they can bite me.

My parents don't find odd that i hang out on the forum of my favourite band expecially because it's american and so they think that it' s good way to learn current english. :P

Archived