Green Day Q&A Questions 2

Fuzz

PLEASE don't ask where he got Blue--he answered that in the MTV News Raw interview with Kurt Loder a long time ago.

I'd like a question about their songwriting, as others have said. Something like:

Tell us about the process you use to write a song. Do you write lyrics without a melody in mind and throw them out to the group to come up with the melody, or do you write lyrics to fit existing music? And what parts of the process are done individually and what parts as a group?

Of course, everyone likes their own questions, but I'd love to have one I said earlier included:

Will you try to really describe what it feels like (both physically and emotionally) to perform in front of an audience of many thousands who literally adore you and the music you make?

I'm trying to come up with questions that they have to put thought into and that they can't answer with a short, non-meaningful answer.

*edit* I also like the "Have you googled yourself" one, but it would have to be asked in a way to avoid a yes or no answer. Maybe...

Have you googled yourself online, and what kinds of surprises did you get when you got the results? And a follow-up...

Are you shocked to see the vast numbers of amateur videos online of yourselves when you were still in your teens?

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Mike's Secret Admirer

I would really like to know what was their weridest fan attack...oh well

Probably that one in your sig

I really want to know what happened around the time they were going to call it quits. [bJ asked Mike on the phone, "Do you even want to do this anymore?", from the interview on BIAB]. Why? [Were they fighting? Did they feel they gave it their all already? Family? Etc..]

Also, I just found that my question ^^ is similiar to the question in other topic: "When you guys broke up during the Warning era, what drove you to get back together?"

Those are REALLY good...I feel like I can't come up with a question...but I've always wanted to know their favorite songs, but that's kind of a worthless question :lol:

PLEASE don't ask where he got Blue--he answered that in the MTV News Raw interview with Kurt Loder a long time ago.

I'd like a question about their songwriting, as others have said. Something like:

"Tell us about the process you use to write a song. Do you write lyrics without a melody in mind and throw them out to the group to come up with the melody, or do you write lyrics to fit existing music? And what parts of the process are done individually and what parts as a group?

Of course, everyone likes their own questions, but I'd love to have one I said earlier included:

Will you try to really describe what it feels like (both physically and emotionally) to perform in front of an audience of many thousands who literally adore you and the music you make?

I'm trying to come up with questions that they have to put thought into and that they can't answer with a short, non-meaningful answer.

I agree 100 percent. I want to get in depth with them. A lot. [Even though BJ sometimes gets off topic anyway =P]

I used to have a billion of questions I wanted to ask them, but now when the time comes, I forget them all >=\ Fucking dipshit -slaps self-

How about

"What was your best and worst experience with drugs and alcohol?"

my definitive five are:

1)What did you think when you finish writing basket case?

2)Insomniac seems to be your darkest record, do you find it hard to listen?

3) What are your most heared records by these days?

4) Do you think that you change music? Do you think that in the near future something completely new will come and change music forever?

5)When i listen to green day it makes me feel like most of the lyrics talk about me, when you were teenagers,which songs made you feel that way?

Okay correct me if i am wrong but wasn't blue given to him by his dad..

In the New York interview, BJ said that it was. He said something like.. his dad gave it to him three days before he died or whatever.

12) If you were stranded on a desert island without any food and two of you had to eat the other one to survive, who's dinner?

Hm? I'm just looking through the other topic to see if there is anymore interesting questions for us to think about.

Ooh, I got one:

"What songs of yours make you wanna have sex?"

^^LMAO I'm just joking...unless you WANNA use that...

Okay correct me if i am wrong but wasn't blue given to him by his dad..

In the interview I mentioned above, he said a musician named George Cole who used to show him stuff on the guitar gave it to him. The story about his father giving it to him shortly before he died seems to be the one everyone's heard, though.

If you could describe your fellow band members in one word, what would it be and why?

What are your favorite memories in your rock 'n' roll career?

Billie Joe, you wear the polka-dot scarf in your back pocket at every show you play. It isn't there to wipe the sweat off your face and you never give it away. Is it sentimental, and why?

After the success of Dookie, [and even now with American Idiot] were you frightened about making a new record, and if it would satisfy people as much as Dookie did?

Just quoting myself seeing as Andres changed the first post and I wanted to share my fav questions for discussion..

As for the Google one, I like that one too and I agree that we should make it a bit longer, to avoid just a plain yes or no. Maybe something like

'Have you ever googled yourself? If so, what did you think of the results? If not, why not and would you ever consider trying?'

I think we should try and make every question like that. I mean, asking things they can't just give a plain answer on. :lol:

In the interview I mentioned above, he said a musician named George Cole who used to show him stuff on the guitar gave it to him. The story about his father giving it to him shortly before he died seems to be the one everyone's heard, though.

But why would BJ said that in the NY Times interview? [What I said on the other post].

I found this question, it's "What are all of your hobbies besides music?"

I thought that was an interesting question.

This is just an idea-- it isn't a serious question-- "What were you perceived as when you were in High School?" [i know that BJ said he felt he was "invisible" but I want to know about Tre and Mike also. Besides, labels weren't probably as big as they are now?]

the most important question for - do u know that u have very many fans in Russia? are u going to come here?

but u never ask them about it

ok, then

1) What is your the most bright line of character? And what bad habit do u want to deny from?

2) Whom you never can disobey?

3) what's your faourite book?

4) Did u have people who u wanted to kill?

5) Without what you never leave a house?

But why would BJ said that in the NY Times interview? [What I said on the other post].

I found this question, it's "What are all of your hobbies besides music?"

I thought that was an interesting question.

This is just an idea-- it isn't a serious question-- "What were you perceived as when you were in High School?" [i know that BJ said he felt he was "invisible" and I want to know about Tre and Mike also. Besides, labels weren't probably as big as they are now?]

I can't remember where exactly [i think it was Ego's & Icons] , but there was this vid and they asked 'What was your social status in high school?' and Mike said 'I didn't have one'

I like the hobbies question, although the answer might be a bit short..

What advice would he give to some one who has lost their father/loved one?

I would really really appreciate that answer.

I like the hobbies question, although the answer might be a bit short..

Yeah, I was a bit iffy on it, but I just wanted to put that out there.

I like these..

My Top 5: If they have already answered any of these questions, please let me know.

1) Do you ever worry that because you've been honest about using drugs and alcohol, your children will think it's a good thing for them to do?

[i'd like to add onto it by asking something like "Do you still indulge in habits like drugs (weed, in particular) and drinking?"]

2) What is the craziest thing a fan has ever done to meet you?

3) What's the most embarresing thing any of you have gone through?

4) What was the worst experience you have had at gig and why?

5) What song do you think lyrically has the most meaning to you and why?

Other ones I like..

*Have you been punk'd? if so, what happened and why wasn't it aired?

*What was the hardest song for you to write?

& I'm curious to know what their fav brand of cig is :shifty: but that would be a waste of a question. I could live without knowing what they smoke :lol:

The ones I don't like are..[no offence!]

The one about the hankercheif in his back pocket..if you ask, "Does it represent something?" He could easily just say,"...uh. No. I just thought it looked good."xD

*"Have you ever googled yourself?" Again they could just give a yes/no answer.

*"Have you ever read fan fiction? If so, what do you think about it?" Billie has already talked about it.

*"When writing songs, do your write the words or music first?" Billie has already talked about this as well.

What advice would he give to some one who has lost their father/loved one?

I would really really appreciate that answer.

I LOVE that question. That's gonna provide a great - probaby teary - answer.

I LOVE that question. That's gonna provide a great - probaby teary - answer.

I know =\ Especially from the people who have gone through death/near death of a loved one, as myself.

I found this one:

A question that I wanted to know was do they still keep in touch with John Kiffmeyer?

Hmm.. I don't think it'll be a great question, because it's a yes/no question, but I thought it was interesting.

I know =\ Especially from the people who have gone through death/near death of a loved one, as myself.

Same here. I'd KILL for personal advice from Billie...nah, from Mike.

Probably because the answer about his father giving it to him right before he died is a more dramatic answer than the real boring one. Remember, he gave the first one when he was younger and not quite so media savvy. I'm sure lots of answers they give are not really the truth. :shifty:

1) What types of thoughts/feelings were you having during the writing of "Coming Clean"?

2) Have you ever heard any songs that spoke to you in such a way that made you wish you'd written it? If so, what song(s)?

3) Have you ever written a song so personal that you couldn't release it?

4) After the success of Dookie were you afraid of making a new record and satisfying everyone as much as Dookie did?

5) When you guys almost broke up during the Warning/ISH/Shenanigans era, what drove you to stay together?

I scanned all 28 pages in the first thread to come up with this top five. They're all bitchin' questions, if I do say so myself.

Do you ever worry that because you've been honest about using drugs and alcohol, your children will think it's a good thing for them to do?

If you were stranded on a desert island without any food and two of you had to eat the other one to survive, who's dinner?

Why dont you ever perform Kerplunk and 39/Smooth in concert?

In the albums to come, do you think you'll ever go back to the old punk and produce new songs with that style(older punk meaning the songs played on kerplunk) or stick with this newer/more mature sounding type of music(like on American Idiot)?

Is there any one unknown fan that stood out to you the most throughout your career or that you've never been able to forget?

Probably because the answer about his father giving it to him right before he died is a more dramatic answer than the real boring one. Remember, he gave the first one when he was younger and not quite so media savvy. I'm sure lots of answers they give are not really the truth. :shifty:

Ah ha ha, I was just thinking that...

Please. Billie wouldn't lie like that-- especially about something so trivial as his first guitar.

I found another interesting question to consider:

Down in 89 they played a few songs that are to this day known to fans just as ''Unknown Songs". Are those their own stuff or covers, what are the names of those songs and why didn't they recorded those in the studio?

They're all bitchin' questions, if I do say so myself.

Everyone feels that way about their own questions. :lol:

Everyone feels that way about their own questions. :lol:

Well...mine are the most bitchin' even after saying that. :lol:

To be honest, I don't think my questions are that great =\ But the question I would love everybody, if they considered it, is the " What advice would you give to some one who has lost their father/loved one?" And that doesn't have to be only directed at Billie, either.

Archived