Green Day Q&A Questions 2

Fuzz

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like that one. And the "Dookie" is already in there, just re-worded a bit

you're right, sorry I edited already..

as for the 'describe your fellow band members' question.. Maybe you could ask like 'If you could describe your fellow band members in one word, what would it be and why?' Like that you won't have a one-word reply :) Sorry I'm just curious about their answer to that one :blush:

But well you choose! I really appreciate that you're giving us GDC members a chance to ask some questions too! Thanks :lol:

"Why are you guys so awesome"

... You know what I mean.

If you don't like my opinion, just say it, don't be a bastard.

Oh, and I really like that one question about "Have you found the meaning of life, if so, what the hell is it?"

Is there any specific Green Day song that you have always and feel you will always love more than any other?

Billie, Are you really just a songwriter who happens to play guitar or vice versa?

What are some of your favorite bands of the moment?

When writing songs, do your write the words or music first?

to billie joe-when was the exact moment you realized green day was going to be your life?

those are the ones I like. the ones i dont like so much:

In the albums to come, do you think you'll ever go back to the old punk and produce new songs with that style(older punk meaning the songs played on kerplunk) or stick with this newer/more mature sounding type of music(like on American Idiot)?

What do your children think about Green Day and having famous dads?

What types of thoughts and feelings were you having during the writing of "Coming Clean"?

After releasing Dookie andeven now with American Idiot, where both were huge hits, do you feel a certain pressure like you have to meet some expectation, or is that not something you base your writing on?

Oh, and I really like that one question about "Have you found the meaning of life, if so, what the hell is it?"

That's a good one! Only there's this chance they'll just say no and then it's kind of a waste.. >.<

Guest n o n a m e*

i like the google question..

but i still think one of these should have got chosen..

"What type of nervous/bad habits do you guys have? Any little antics you have that drive the other guys crazy?

"What was your best and worst experience with drugs and alcohol"

"Billie, why have you stopped wearing your leopard g-string on stage?"

:mellow:

These are my opinions on the ones Andres posted:

to billie joe-when was the exact moment you realized green day was going to be your life? NO (I think he would just give a generic answer and it wouldn't be interesting)

have you ever googled yourself? YES (could add some humor and would be an interesting response)

Any rumors about yourselves that you guys hear and would like to put to rest? YES (maybe we could actually learn something new)

Billie, when writing new songs, do you ever try to connect with past songs or lyrics as to try to piece together a life long story? YES (not my favorite because it's not very specific but it might be good)

Billie, Are you really just a songwriter who happens to play guitar or vice versa? YES (why not, I'm curious what he thinks about himself)

In the albums to come, do you think you'll ever go back to the old punk and produce new songs with that style(older punk meaning the songs played on kerplunk) or stick with this newer/more mature sounding type of music(like on American Idiot)? NO (I'm not sure they'll answer this well, plus we can wait and see when the new album comes out)

What do your children think about Green Day and having famous dads? NO (his kids are still pretty young and I just don't really like this one for some strange reason)

Billie, where did you get Blue from? YES (please add this one, now I really wanna know!)

Which band/artist would you most like to have played live with? YES (if you add in something that says they have to choose one single band)

What are some of your favorite bands of the moment? YES (add something like favorite mainstream and underground bands)

As kids you guys seem to have tough lives. What inspired you to keep going and striving for success? Was it your love of music or something much deeper than that? NO (I'm not sure why, I just don't think they would say anything insightful for this)

What types of thoughts and feelings were you having during the writing of "Coming Clean"? YES (it could have so many different meanings, sounds like a good Q)

Is there any specific Green Day song that you have always and feel you will always love more than any other? YES (sort of, maybe ask them to each pick their 3 favorite songs or something and why)

When writing songs, do your write the words or music first? YES (I think I've heard the answer to this (music first) but why not)

After releasing Dookie andeven now with American Idiot, where both were huge hits, do you feel a certain pressure like you have to meet some expectation, or is that not something you base your writing on? NO (they will almost certainly say no, it does not affect their music)

And...I'm really curious about this one and would like to throw it in (from the first thread):

Do you ever worry that because you've been honest about using drugs and alcohol, your children will think it's a good thing for them to do?

[i'd like to add onto it by asking something like "Do you still indulge in habits like drugs (weed, in particular) and drinking?"]

Shit that was long! Well, I'm really excited for this! Mark Hoppus did something like this very recently and it was one of the most interesting things I've read in awhile. Hopefully this will be even better.

to billie joe-when was the exact moment you realized green day was going to be your life?

have you ever googled yourself?

I don't think those should be on there, the first and last are just kind of stuff that is always talked about, and why would you wanna waste being able to ask a good question that can make them think and give a good answer, but instead ask if they googled themselfs?!

That's a good one! Only there's this chance they'll just say no and then it's kind of a waste.. >.<

Yeah =\ That's true. Eh, I guess it doesn't have my vote then. [it'd still be a good question to ask.. maybe if anybody meets them personally they can?]

Hmm..

I really want to know what happened around the time they were going to call it quits. [bJ asked Mike on the phone, "Do you even want to do this anymore?", from the interview on BIAB]. Why? [Were they fighting? Did they feel they gave it their all already? Family? Etc..]

... You know what I mean.

If you don't like my opinion, just say it, don't be a bastard.

No, i don't know what you mean because you didn't post any examples of what you wanted more of, which is the point of this thread.

And the reason I dont really like that "meaning of life" question is because it's a real general question.

Okay...heres one.

To Billie Joe - In Your opinion, whats the worst band in the world?

I really want to see the awnser to see if I can agree with him haha.

Alright, i'm not going to take anymore part in this. I dont want this to become what I want vs. what each of you want

You guys have til 1:30AM EST to get your 5 figured out. I'll be back then to see what you guys have come up with. These 5 should be yours, not mine, but I want you guys to use this thread to actually pick the 5, not just talk about new ideas. So you guys need to single them down to your favorite 5 before then. If you really don't like one, or really do like one, you need to defend it or it's not going to be at the end.

So a few of you need to take the lead here or it's just going to be back and forth again.

I think this is a waste of a question.

It's been answered several times.

Billie answered this is the idiot club too.

His answer wasnt much.

The summary of his answer was something like

"it depends"

thats basically what he said

No, i don't know what you mean because you didn't post any examples of what you wanted more of, which is the point of this thread.

And the reason I dont really like that "meaning of life" question is because it's a real general question.

But still, why couldn't you have said that than just being a total bastard? I like what you do on GDA, and you lose a lot of respect from me when you say shit. I mean, have you completely forgot about what you wrote up about making people look like fools when they ask dumb questions?

..This isn't really the place.

Anyway, on the other post, I already agreed that it was too general.

Also, I really want to ask Tre what happened to his family =\ Even though it may be a bit too personal.

In the albums to come, do you think you'll ever go back to the old punk and produce new songs with that style(older punk meaning the songs played on kerplunk) or stick with this newer/more mature sounding type of music(like on American Idiot)?

Any rumors about yourselves that you guys hear and would like to put to rest?

Is there any specific Green Day song that you have always and feel you will always love more than any other?

After releasing Dookie andeven now with American Idiot, where both were huge hits, do you feel a certain pressure like you have to meet some expectation, or is that not something you base your writing on?

Don't put this one on:

because it's just a boring yes/no answer.

I think this is a waste of a question.

It's been answered several times.

Billie answered this is the idiot club too.

His answer wasnt much.

The summary of his answer was something like

"it depends"

thats basically what he said

Yes exactly, i aid not to above to along with

Just quoting it, because it is cool we get to ask Q, so we don't really wanna waste any do we?

If there were any other ones that were in the thread that you really liked, other than the top few Andres posted - I think now would be a great time to bring them into the discussion..

Oh, i deleted the my top post and re-did it without my suggestions. I think it's best if you guys come up with the ones you guys want, without my input.

Have you ever googled yourself? ( Fun :D )

I'd also wonder what they thought of "teenies' but im not sure if thats a good one, forbidden fruit and whatnot.

Yeah the only one i really object to is the Green day moment one. Generic answer. Besides, you may not realize it at one second, and if he/the band does, I doubt they'd remember (12 + years)

Guest n o n a m e*

"What type of nervous/bad habits do you guys have? Any little antics you have that drive the other guys crazy?

"What was your best and worst experience with drugs and alcohol"

"Billie, why have you stopped wearing your leopard g-string on stage?"

i still think we would get some pretty interesting answers from those..

well not all of them. but at least one or something ..

I still like the one that says "if you were a homeless guy, what would your sign say?" because it would be interesting to see what they say.

EDIT: i also like this one "In the albums to come, do you think you'll ever go back to the old punk and produce new songs with that style(older punk meaning the songs played on kerplunk) or stick with this newer/more mature sounding type of music(like on American Idiot)?"

Pretend you never signed to a major label in 93. Pretend you still kept making amazing records, the same ones you've made now, and you were still on an independent label just before you wrote American Idiot. Do you think that a, you would still have written the immense quality of the record, and b, if someone asked you to sign, would you?

That's the only thing that I liked from the other topic. It's not as general, and I'm sure they'd give a good answer for it =\

And I like mine ^_^

I really want to know what happened around the time they were going to call it quits. [bJ asked Mike on the phone, "Do you even want to do this anymore?", from the interview on BIAB]. Why? [Were they fighting? Did they feel they gave it their all already? Family? Etc..]

Also, I just found that my question ^^ is similiar to the question in other topic: "When you guys broke up during the Warning era, what drove you to get back together?"

Any rumors about yourselves that you guys hear and would like to put to rest?

What's the worst thing that has ever happened to each of you on stage?

What's the most embarresing thing any of you have gone through?

Have you ever googled your self? And if so what did you think of the results that came up?

My favorites.

when was the exact moment you realized green day was going to be your life?

What do your children think about Green Day and having famous dads?

Billie, where did you get Blue from?

Out of those you posted, these are my favorite 5.

Archived