Green Day Q&A Questions 2

Fuzz

You guys need to use this thread to pick the final 5 questions you want to ask. A few of you have to take the lead here and help decide the final 5 before 1:30AM EST. I'll be back then and see what you guys have chosen. I'm not going to leave my input here about what should or shouldn't be asked, you guys need to come up with them as a group.

We only have till tonight to pick the finals because I need to get this emailed to them by tomorrow morning. If someone requests one, and you don't like you need to say so. There's no way for anyone to be able to tell what the majority of you want if you guys don't say anything. The other thread is still up to read here if you want different ideas.

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1) If you were stranded on a desert island without any food and two of you had to eat the other one to survive, who's dinner, and why?

2) Any rumors about yourselves that you guys hear and would like to put to rest?

3) Where does Ronnie Blake actually come from? Because we know you just say he's from where ever you're preforming at, and why doesn't he ever talk?

4) What's the worst thing that has ever happened to each of you on stage?

5) What's the most embarresing thing any of you have gone through?

I like these 5 :)

I like the google one.

definitely ask the one about Blue.

the one about lyrics or music first is a good one.

the one I don't really like ais the one about debunking rumours, since I know we all enjoy tormenting people into thinking Billie's dying of lung cancer.

Ronnie Blake is from Fullerton, don't waste a question on that.

4) Have you ever heard a song that spoke to you in a way that made you wish you had written it and if so what song(s)?

9) Did you feel the success of American Idiot was a "fuck you" to people who had written you off as commercial and creative artists and did you enjoy giving them the finger?

12) If you were stranded on a desert island without any food and two of you had to eat the other one to survive, who's dinner?

Okay, they're my questions, but they're good and I want to know. The desert island one tells us who the odd man out in the band is.

I personally think that some questions should be directed to the other band mebers,not just Billie.

Billie, Are you really just a songwriter who happens to play guitar or vice versa?

I still like this one.

The others, I think -

Billie, when writing new songs, do you ever try to connect with past songs or lyrics as to try to piece together a life long story?

is interesting, although I don't think he does - I think he just writes about what's going on with him at the time, and the same things preoccupy him. But let's hear it from him, lol!

have you ever googled yourself?

Give that one to Tre and see what he makes of the word 'google'!

But I think they're all pretty good - like the 'Coming Clean' one too.

I personally think that some questions should be directed to the other band mebers,not just Billie.

100% agreed. Or if we're going to address him directly, address the other two with questions too.

Most of those suck, though.

Fine.

I like these 2 then so far.

Any rumors about yourselves that you guys hear and would like to put to rest?

If you ask this question "Billie, where did you get Blue from?" i think he'll only answer "I Got it from my dad" and obviously he said something different in the MTV Interview so maybe reform the question to something else?

to billie joe-when was the exact moment you realized green day was going to be your life?

What types of thoughts and feelings were you having during the writing of "Coming Clean"?

I agree with the first one, since that's my question :) , but I'd like to ask them the question about Good Riddance, instead of Coming Clean.

It's just because Good Riddance is my favourite song, but if the majority doesn't agree, I'm ok with Coming Clean.

I'll go look for my question about Good Riddance and bring it up to your attention. :)

EDIT: Here it is: 3.To Billie Joe: What’s the meaning you give to the song “Good Riddance” and what inspired you to write such an amazing song and how do you feel when you sing it?

i really like this question and i would like to know it :blush:

to Tre and Mike-When Billie dropped out, what made you guys stay in school? did you want to just get a diploma incase the whole music thing didnt work out?

and i like the rumors one-but maybe you should ask the funniest/weirdest too along with that one, like one big combined question :)

I also agree with the thing about directing questions to Billie.

These are some that I liked so far.

What are some of your favorite bands of the moment?

to billie joe-When was the exact moment you realized Green Day was going to be your life?

Any rumors about yourselves that you guys hear and would like to put to rest?

Billie, Are you really just a songwriter who happens to play guitar or vice versa?

I really like a lot of these ideas, this is definitely a good chance to get a lot of questions answered by them by people who are actually fans - not interviewers who hardly know anything about them.

-------

to billie joe-when was the exact moment you realized green day was going to be your life?

What do your children think about Green Day and having famous dads?

Is there any specific Green Day song that you have always and feel you will always love more than any other?

These are the five I like best from your list :) Though I think the first one should be directed to all of them and not just Billie Joe..

As for questions that weren't on the list, I really like these:

Describe your fellow band members in one word

What are your favorite memories in your rock 'n' roll career?

Billie Joe, you wear the polka-dot scarf in your back pocket at every show you play. It isn't there to wipe the sweat off your face and you never give it away. Is it sentimental, and why?

After the success of Dookie, were you frightened about making a new record, and if it would satisfy people as much as Dookie did?

EDIT: I just realised that last one is basically the same as the last Q in your list.. So I'm fine with that one too! ;)

What are your favorite memories in your rock 'n' roll career?

I like that one. And the "Dookie" is already in there, just re-worded a bit

Describe your fellow band members in one word

I really like that one too. that's an interesting one.

umm im pretty sure bj got his guitar from his dad didnt he or is there a part of that question i just dont understand

I'm pretty sure that the question "which comes first, the music or the words?" was already answered in the Time Talks Interview.

Well.. The question about whether he writes the music or the song first, that's been answered in Guitar World magazine already, so...

Anyway, I don't like any of those =\ They're something that a magazine would ask, and I think we shouldn't ask them questions like that-- I think it should be deeper, Fan-to-Rolemodel questions.

Well.. The question about whether he writes the music or the song first, that's been answered in Guitar World magazine already, so...

Anyway, I don't like any of those =\ They're something that a magazine would ask, and I think we shouldn't ask them questions like that-- I think it should be deeper, Fan-to-Rolemodel questions.

"Why are you guys so awesome"

Archived