Green Day have one Kerrang nomination

farley drexel hatcher

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Mike's Secret Admirer

Hey, can somebody, like, tape it and put their acceptance and crap on here somewhere? I don't have Kerrang or whatever and I'd DIE if I didn't see their acceptance (if they DO win...which they BETTER). Pwease?

Man, I'm gonna be the voice of dissent here and say that I think Sam Bayer is a shitty director. So I kind of hope he stops getting awards...so he can pull his head out of his ass. :)

I feel like this was the most important song on the album, yet it ended up being the last single to be released.

I remember I was really excited to see what the video would be like, but then it had this deadness about it, especially compared to the passion of the song. To capture a Green Day song on video without the presence of the band needed someone with the same kind of vision as they have, and although they were pretty enthusiastic about him, I think he related better to the band in performance than to putting that vision across himself, so that AI and Holiday were kick-ass, whereas September was lost in the middle of a bland movie, and JOS lacked the huge passion it's made of - the glimpses of Billie Joe on a tv screen showed a character that made his video alter ego look pale by comparison.

Having said that, I think Bayer tried to say something strong and that the censorship of stuff that reflected real life was at the same time laughable and scarey, these lives being something that are still apparently not fit to be looked at or cared about, to be silenced by the moral majority yet again.

For that reason, and the fact that the song deserves more attention, I'm glad about the nomination. People moaned about the AI era dragging on, I said don't be in such a hurry, nothing as great is gonna turn up for a long time. The fact that we're still seeing nominations for the songs bear this out; sometimes I give myself the creeps!

i hope JOS doesnt win so that sends a big Fuck You to Sam 'Fuckin Prick" Bayer

I feel like this was the most important song on the album, yet it ended up being the last single to be released.

I remember I was really excited to see what the video would be like, but then it had this deadness about it, especially compared to the passion of the song. To capture a Green Day song on video without the presence of the band needed someone with the same kind of vision as they have, and although they were pretty enthusiastic about him, I think he related better to the band in performance than to putting that vision across himself, so that AI and Holiday were kick-ass, whereas September was lost in the middle of a bland movie, and JOS lacked the huge passion it's made of - the glimpses of Billie Joe on a tv screen showed a character that made his video alter ego look pale by comparison.

Having said that, I think Bayer tried to say something strong and that the censorship of stuff that reflected real life was at the same time laughable and scarey, these lives being something that are still apparently not fit to be looked at or cared about, to be silenced by the moral majority yet again.

For that reason, and the fact that the song deserves more attention, I'm glad about the nomination. People moaned about the AI era dragging on, I said don't be in such a hurry, nothing as great is gonna turn up for a long time. The fact that we're still seeing nominations for the songs bear this out; sometimes I give myself the creeps!

Oh Jezz, I agree with every word that you said!!...I feel the same about that song and that video :thumbsup:

Guest Frikki

It was a great song, so critical to the album, yet the video was rather crap. I would like for them to win but I don't think the video itself deserve it.

Archived