Green Day is playing at CBGB's before Sept. 30th

stza

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

um yeah but that was ages ago before they were the biggest band in te world playing stadiums and being huge rock/pop stars.

Holy shit! I didn't know 2001 was ages ago? Try 5 fucking years. Right after warning came out. They were big.

Holy shit! I didn't know 2001 was ages ago? Try 5 fucking years. Right after warning came out. They were big.

oh yeah 2001 seems just like last year :rolleyes: that was fucking ages ago. and exactely right after warning they were mAassive so why would they play at cbgbs when they are a massive band. you just proved my point.

Thats so great!

Exept,I live in Canada,So it sucks for me

I WANT TO GO SO BAD!

:/

And how do you know this?

If they did... I would just die. I extremely, extremely unfortunatly have still not seen Green Day live *dies*.

I live in New York just 15 miles from the city so if they REALLY ARE playing, as I said... I would die... hopefully AFTER they play. =D

While I'm here... anyone interested in buying London Bridge ?

I can do you a good deal.

Seriously though, if it happened it would be cool but who knows... maybe Mike has the scoop this time .

:lol: this is so funny everyone is either like omg!!! and then ther is adeline who asks if the beatles are opening for them . . . haha this is one pointless thread anyway i hope they are because im heading to new york for a while but i dont know when probably the 27th my bday! 3 days before closing yay!

haha, green day should be really cool and give em like 300,000 dollars to keep it open. thats cool theyre playin it tho.

they'd just get kicked out

cbgbs used to be aginst people like green day

lol. ya right, not everyone is so concerned with tryin to be all cool like you. theyve played it before, and other bands that are in the same situation as green day have played it.

um yeah but that was ages ago before they were the biggest band in te world playing stadiums and being huge rock/pop stars.

theyve been one of the biggest bands in the world for the last 12 years and they HAVE been playing huge stadiums.

Now I'm just having fun imagining them playing American Idiot in it's entirety at CBGB's on its closing night... now that would be rad. And since I'm the one doing the imagining, I think The Beatles will be opening for them.

I didn't know what CBGS either til I read this thread

Is it in America? I live in England..

Sounds to me like it's very possibly true. Such a shame to see another famous venue disappear :/

Archived