Green Day nominated for 1 Video Music Award

Doll Parts

The VMA nominations were just announced and "Wake Me Up When September Ends" is nominated for Best Rock Video. This year you can vote for ALL categories. Click Here to Vote!

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh my God...AGAIN!?

I think "ad nauseum" is the most appropriate phrase for this situation. No, I shall not be voting.

I don't think we need to give Sam Bayer's ego another boost.

I don't think that WMUWSE was one of the best music videos for the American Idiot era, but I'm still going to vote for them, to be supportive and all. Miss Murder is a good song, but I don't really like the video for it. I can't believe that Green Day is still being nominated after all this time.

sorry, but i voted dani california :mellow:

DON'T KILL ME!!! I'M ONLY A KID!!! :(

Eh, I saw this too. I was hoping they were nominated for something, but was actually suprised to find they were. I think it is a bit ridiculous. I mean, it's been almost 2 years. I am going to vote for Miss Murder.

I actually just saw this and laughed when i did, because i was thinking "There's no possible way they can be nominated this year..." The only thing i can guess is that the song and video didn't fall into last year's category in time so they put it into this one....still, a bit lame really. I'll probably vote because i did actually like the video.

I voted for 30 Seconds To Mars for a few reasons, one being that I like that song, and the video is pretty cool. Another is that I'm not a huge fan of the other ones. The video for WMUWSE is okay and normally, I would vote for Green Day, but now I just want their status to go down for a while. The album came out almost two full years ago, and there was way too much hype over it, and there still is. And they got enough VMA's last year. Plus, didn't this video come out in 2005? Why is it up for an award this year?

Wow you guys all suck. Fuck you guys. Show your damn support.

Thanks for letting me know, I'll post it on the main site.

I voted for them and video of the year I voted Dani California.

I never said i wasn't going to vote. I find the MTV awards lame, but i think it's great they're still getting recognition, especially now that they've been out of the limelight for a while.

Not that I don't love Green Day with all my heart, but I really loved the Dani California vid. RHCP are my other love.

I voted for Green Day, not many good choices this year. And MTV had a lot of ads during the voting. On all of the other categories I voted Madonna or some one that has good music. Dude, Daddy Yankee is up for an award.

sweet! im voting for gd like andres said show your support!!!!

do you think they will even go to the award show??

i doubt it but who knows

of course I voted for Green Day. WMUWSE is a great video :D and it's GREEN DAY so I think we should all show our support as Andres said

i've never voted in these things because i don't really care :/

i rather support them by buying their albums, and i think it's weird how bands get nominated like 2 years after their albums got out.

but that's just me.

The video for WMUWSE is okay and normally, I would vote for Green Day, but now I just want their status to go down for a while.

wow, don't you think that's just a bit selfish? I voted for Green Day, of course.

i've never voted in these things because i don't really care :/

i rather support them by buying their albums, and i think it's weird how bands get nominated like 2 years after their albums got out.

but that's just me.

But it's for WMUWSE, which wasn't released until last summer. It missed last year's awards.

But it's for WMUWSE, which wasn't released until last summer. It missed last year's awards.

Hmm. Well i guess it's ok, still it's weird because it feels like so long ago, but thats how the awards work. :)

I'll vote for them...ALWAYS!!! :D

And to you that don't vote for them.....You suck! :down:

Screw you! Green Day rocks!!

Archived