Green Day's back-up vocalists

catholichornet

I think that Green Day has too many back-up vocalists.

Mike Dirnt, Jason White, Jason Freeze, AND Ronnie Blake?

I think they should keep it to just Mike Dirnt. It's over-powering to have 4 back-up singers.

Thoughts?

(and yes, i searched first)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think its too over-powering, I like Green Day how they are.

Besides, its only all of them when they're live, isn't it? :/

If it sounds good then why change it? I don't see how the back-up vocals can be "over-powering."

I think they sound good. They all blend together really well too so I don't see it as a really big problem.

I say we add George Bush to the backing vocals team.

I mean, this has got to be the only poxy thread on the board where he doesn't make an appearance... gotta be fair to the poor guy.

I bet he'd do an awesome job.

I didn't know they ALL sung? Just The Freese and Mikey Boy...

I say we add George Bush to the backing vocals team.

I mean, this has got to be the only poxy thread on the board where he doesn't make an appearance... gotta be fair to the poor guy.

I bet he'd do an awesome job.

Yes. And Blair should be the back up guitarist. Hopefully the neck won't break again...

it's not over powering because mike dirnt is the only back up vocal on the cd (at least i think) and on stage green day plays to huge crowds so don't you think that they need more ackup vocal. because mike has to also play his instument and he can't sing along with billie throughout the entire concert

i hope that answers your question or whatever

I didn't know they ALL sung? Just The Freese and Mikey Boy...

The Freese and Mikey Boy? Thats new :)

I like it.They sound great together.It sounds awsome live. It should stay as it is. The espescially sound good on king for a day when they say "King for a Day!"

i think on cd its just mike...but live it might be all of them..it sounds fine to me..

thats what i thought..

two is okay.. but 4?? i mean cmon who really needs that many singers..

i think they should just have jason white in the band.

i mean, he fucking, basically is anyway.

:lol: how original

i don't think its over powering, i think it sounds good

hmm, I think they all add to the effect and it works well, particularly with the American Idiot tour.

However, I would like to see Green Day performing just as Billie/Mike/Tre. I can't remember the last time I saw them like that. I'm not dissing Jason, he's a ledge but you know it would be nice to see "original" Green Day.

Forthemoment924- har. I was going to say the same thing.

I think it sounds good the way it is. And I dont really think its all four of them at the same time through the whole thing, I think its mainly Jason F and Mike.

the harmony is really nice, but i guess if you want to get into it you can say well they are no longer a traditional punk band with only three guys

that didnt make any sense at all . . . . well whatever if it helps them make music and a better live show for billie to run around stage while others play for him then fine

Green Day is supposed to be a punk band, so yes, I think there are too many.

They sound really good, though.

I`ve seen so many discussions on what punk is but I`ve never seen anything said about there being a limit to the number of people in a punk band or how many backing singers there are.

is there some limit on colour of underwear as well?

hahaha you know me and my original user name too well obviously! :P

shesh, that means I`m more punk than Billie! that guy has seriously poor taste in underwear!

at least Mike still sticks to the natural, "free" way. :wub:

I`ve seen so many discussions on what punk is but I`ve never seen anything said about there being a limit to the number of people in a punk band or how many backing singers there are.

You don't seem to get what I said. I was just trying to explain it's not commom to see more than 1 back-up vocalist in a punk band.

maybe you should have said that in the first place then rather than simply stating that they are "supposed to be punk" and that you think that they have too many because of this. :thumbsup:

just because other "punk" bands dont have many shouldnt limit how many green day have. maybe the other bands dont want more and its down to personal tastes and needs. not an actual punk issue. more personal

Archived