A little disappointed in Green Day

Parley

yeah i saw on greendayvideos is an recorded billie welcoming the people to the site. why we didn't get something like that? :pinch: i know, i know

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what did you expect? they dont give a shit about us, or anyone eles whose not willing to pay 20 dollars to listen to their stupidass audios on idiot club. they cant even show their face somewhere without you having to pay for it.

i mean, youve been doing this for 5 years, and all they give you is an autographed picture (which before AI you could write em a letter and theyd send a free one upon request), and you can also buy off ebay for 20 cents. what a bunch of jack-offs.

in the end its not even really themselves that your a fan of. its just a bunch of management and fat old douchebags telling green day every single move to make. right now their management is too busy going back and forth between the pussycat dolls, ashlee simson and the backstreet boys. were all just pawns in their huge corporate scheme. even the people who run this place. they dont give a shit.

son of a bitch, weve been hosed.

i guess you have a point but how were they to know its the 5th anniversery, yes they have come on here but not everyday they have lives and its not going on their fansites

i agree

they should take a nude shot and sign elegantly above thier crotch so it looks like long pubic hair.

they should take a nude shot and sign elegantly above thier crotch so it looks like long pubic hair.

why is everyone making up this gross shit about green day being naked and stuff

Oy. Okay, he did. Still doesn't change my opinion. :lol: Maybe I like the manager a little better.

The manager probably never thought of telling them anything about it - it´s his job to manage their time,what he thinks they needn´t to know,they don´t.

Btw. if they had known and had done something big,there would now be a thread about how disepointed someone is to see them becoming such butt kissers ( besides beeing sellouts,of course).

Everybodies darling,is everybodies asshohl - F.J.Strauß

Everyone knows you're butch. Quit tyring to play it off.

fuck i was slow and missed posting right after.

now, whose butch?

What ?

Hairy men, with no clothes on ?

Outrageous !

Shouldn't be allowed.

your being sacastic right?.....yeah that's what i thought.

your being sacastic right?.....yeah that's what i thought.

No, I'm just dropping a subtle hint to someone.

what did you expect? they dont give a shit about us, or anyone eles whose not willing to pay 20 dollars to listen to their stupidass audios on idiot club. they cant even show their face somewhere without you having to pay for it.

i mean, youve been doing this for 5 years, and all they give you is an autographed picture (which before AI you could write em a letter and theyd send a free one upon request), and you can also buy off ebay for 20 cents. what a bunch of jack-offs.

in the end its not even really themselves that your a fan of. its just a bunch of management and fat old douchebags telling green day every single move to make. right now their management is too busy going back and forth between the pussycat dolls, ashlee simson and the backstreet boys. were all just pawns in their huge corporate scheme. even the people who run this place. they dont give a shit.

son of a bitch, weve been hosed.

I think I love you :wub:

I totally agree with everything you said. They have become so corporate, that they dont give a fuck about us, but expect (and really do get) some of our "Undying fan-love"

I think I love you :wub:

I totally agree with everything you said. They have become so corporate, that they dont give a fuck about us, but expect (and really do get) some of our "Undying fan-love"

thank you :D

Oh get over yourselves. No they have not become more corporate. Just shut up with that shit already. They've always charged for the fan club, it's not like they only started doing it after they got really succesfull.

Oh get over yourselves. No they have not become more corporate. Just shut up with that shit already. They've always charged for the fan club, it's not like they only started doing it after they got really succesfull.

Im not talking about the Idiot Club anymore :huh:

:ermm: I don't know why you all expect something for the fifth anniversary. I don't think they would even know it's the fifth anniversary. I didn't until it was announced. (Prepares to be stoned) :blush: I'm sure they aren't waiting around going zOMGZ!1!!!!!11! It'S iS lYk GdA's !11!!1!!!5Th!11!!!! AnNnIvErSaRy!!1!!!! or even oh it's GDA's fifth. They know what you do and such... I DO think you should've gotten a message... not for the fifth or that but because of what you do (edit: I mean, you work so hard, some recognition and that for all the hard work you guys have done...)

:rolleyes: We're all so quick to criticize GD. Maybe it's because what we fear the most, GD becoming coporate and shit...

:rolleyes: We're all so quick to criticize GD. Maybe it's because what we fear the most, GD becoming coporate and shit...

and we all have nothing left to discuss, because the AI era is *hopefully* over for good, and we're waiting for a new album.

and i say hopfully, because i hope the AI movie isn't blown out of porportion into "green day's movie", but " a movie loosely based on the album american idiot".

I would agree that it's disappointing for Andres and Courtney - they certainly deserve some kind of recognition for all the effort and love they put into the site, and I think all of us here have expressed how much we appreciate it.

I thought the photo was pretty feeble, and basically nothing more than what you could buy on e-bay, but I didn't take it as some kind of off-handedness, I just assumed that they're not very aware of what goes on. I mean, think of the scale of what's gone on worldwide since AI - it's fucking huge, and not something they could address personally; I can totally imagine they made a decision at some point to leave their management to deal with the fan side, and just have to trust them to make the best choices.

I try to imagine what I would do in a situation like theirs, if something like that is entirely imaginable; they have a huge amount of attention focussed on them, and a lot of people in the spotlight can only deal with that by not letting it into their heads. I remember reading something about Brad Pitt making one of the Oceans' Eleven things, and one of the other actors remarking on the fact that wherever he went, there would be at least a couple of hundred fans hanging around; the other actor said he couldn't imagine living like that, but Brad kind of sailed thru it by somehow blanking it to a certain extent, and trying to be Joe Normal within it.

It didn't seem like he despised the fans at all, and he did autographs when he met them - as GD also seem to do with pretty good grace, if Meeting GD here is anything to go by; anyone who's actually gotten to meet them has nothing but praise for how unpretentious and decent they are, one on one. But en masse, it's just too mind-blowing and demanding for the average human being. I've read how in the early days, Billie Joe and Adrienne as a young couple with a baby - had to move from their first real home, which they loved, because of the sudden attentions of fans.

To have the eyes of several million people focussed on you - even if all those people love you, which is only true to varying degrees - is still a pressure, even if it's a positive pressure. If you take on board all the positive stuff, don't you also have to care about all the fucking horrible, bitchy, critical stuff too - like for instance, that Blender thing during the week? I know I made a jokey post about it, but the whole thing implied that it was ok to speculate about the possibility of Billie Joe dying a relatively early death because of factors including personal shit like his drug or drink issues, his father's cancer, and the stress and suffering he would have had because of it. Why is it ok to say that about another human being, just because they're famous? Don't you think you'd find it seriously hurtful and even scarey if you took it on board, and that all those things might represent serious fears that he has, being paraded for people's light-minded amusement in a magazine? But he's expected not to have feelings about that - I'd say it's all kept away from him.

In the middle of all of this, these guys are trying to somehow keep it real, and have lives with their families - they could only do that by filtering stuff down to what's absolutely necessary for them to deal with personally. They also have to find a way to be able to be creative within this, and the only way to do that is to try and pretend they have some kind of normal lives, which is kind of an illusion they would have to give themselves. Otherwise, you end up with the kind of albums that you see coming from the likes of Robbie Williams, that are about nothing more than how it sucks to be an immensely wealthy rock star.

I've always marvelled at the fact that these guys have been wealthy since Dookie, and have still managed to produce conscientious, authentic, heartfelt work that I and so many others can relate to, and to do so must involve a big effort of will on their part.

I'm reminded of an old movie called The Day of the Locust, about a movie star in the 1930s who ends by being torn limb from limb by a throng of fans who all literally want a piece of her. Of course, it's a metaphor, but it represents what millions of people want from these guys - a piece of them, and there are only so many pieces to go round.

Like I said, I think it's disappointing for Andres and Courtney, but it doesn't change my view of the band - I stand by what I said in my editorial piece, that to them, the fan side has of necessity become something extraneous that they don't concern themselves with. That might be sad for us - maybe it's sad for them too, considering how sweet and informal and upfront those phone messages were in the past, and the kind of contact they used to have before it all got huge. I think they're in the middle of a fucking huge circus, criticized for whatever they do, and whatever they don't do, trying to be real, trying to say something about society and champion political change, and above all, trying to create new work.

This last is huge challenge in itself - think of the two years' blood and tears of AI, and the notion of trying to follow it, while a lot of people wait for them to fall on their faces. All I have is sympathy and empathy; they've never given less than their hearts and souls in their work - to hear Billie Joe's determination and fortitude in those self-same phone messages, over what must have been two fucking long years of his life with AI, beset by all kinds of shit as well as the personal trial of it, is a total inspiration to me. Now he has to start all over again, and unless you can understand what kind of a demand that is on one fairly fragile human being, I don't think you can criticize him or Mike and Tre for essentially overlooking a birthday that they in all probability weren't even aware of in the first place.

None of us might think of a personal video/phone message whatever as being too much, but the fact that they backslid on their Idiot Club ones just leads me to believe that there are times when maybe it is too much, when you have had enough of people wanting a piece of you and that one thing is the straw that threatens to break the camel's back.

My own favorite of the phone messages is this tiny clip from Billie Joe, which consists of some silence and a sigh and 'I don't like dealing with most fucking people'; I just think, fair enough.

Archived