A little disappointed in Green Day

Parley

They did tell Courtney they liked the work that was done to the site...

But, then again, a five minute clip saying good job wouldn't be too much, now would it?

Goddamn famousness

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think she's talking about something to giveaway for people. She's talking about something for GDA. A "thanks" or something.

Honestly, Court and I were kind of hoping for something, but we didn't get anything and we were kind of dissappointed. But oh well. I don't like asking or expecting anything other than their music.

Thank you, Andres. You seem to be the only person that understood what I said.

Do you realize how easy it would've been to make a little audio message? They have their own studio (Billie may have one in his house, too). Any one of them could've taken a minute and a half out of one day and recorded a little message.

Considering all of the totally free publicity they get from this site, it's hardly being greedy to think they might make some small gesture of appreciation.

this maybe one of the most active fan sites around... but there are thousands of others. so if they did it for GDA.... dont you think that they would start getting every other fan who funs even a web page bugging them to do something for them? exactly why they have never done anything like this so far.

At little thanks would have been god from them al least,but remeber that Andres talked to their manager,not the actual band.

I totally agree with you. Like they have a family to take care of. They can't do everything you want.

Please stop making moronic posts. You're making my head hurt.

Yeah, you are right, I think tou diserve much more then that (if they even sent it) because this is the best Green Day site, and I think they should be gratefull to have someone make such an awsome site about them :dry: . But then, they have their own lives, and they might be busy on their new album, I mean, even if they just sent that you know, less is more...I guess... :ermm:

this maybe one of the most active fan sites around... but there are thousands of others. so if they did it for GDA.... dont you think that they would start getting every other fan who funs even a web page bugging them to do something for them? exactly why they have never done anything like this so far.

I addressed this in my original post, as I addressed most of the things people have made posts about here. Does anybody read previous posts any more? :blink:

I think you totally have a reasonable point.

To me, it feels like because GDA&GDC are non-profit and they aren't making any money off us, they dont really care. Like you have to pay how much to be part of the idiot club, and the guys do stuff for them all the time.

I mean, sure they are probably pretty busy guys, and they probably didnt know that it was our 5th aniversery (not like they wrote it on their calenders) but it would have been nice if they would have sent something from themselves, not just one of their 'people'.

As for me, I have been losing faith in the guys for a couple weeks now, and them not really putting in any effort to show their aprietiation (sp?) for their fans, just reinforces my belief that they are not all that we make them out to be.

Oh you poor little thing...WELL GET USED TO IT!!!!!!!

You are in no position to start using caps. So chill.

To me, it feels like because GDA&GDC are non-profit and they aren't making any money off us

Well, I should clear that up. We do make profit from the site through advertising. So we don't charge you guys for anything, but ads keep us going.

Please stop making moronic posts. You're making my head hurt.

You porr little thing...WELL GET USED TO IT!!!!!

yeah whatever

Kindly take your schizophrenia elsewhere.

you know it always bugs me when people start saying that the band "owe" the fans. they dont owe us a thing! they make damned fine music, do awesome gigs..... if you want to pay out to see them then go for it.

apart from that they dont actually owe us anything! yes, they could do other things.... but they dont have to! and green day have never been a band for posting of forums, have never been pushed into doing things that they dont want to. why you should be disappointed with them for doing what they have done all along is beyond me!

From my post:

I also realize that if they gave something to this site they would be bombarded by all the other GD sites (they probably already are, though). But everyone who is a GD fan or webmaster recognizes this as the best and foremost GD site, so would understand why other sites wouldn't get the same consideration.

It would have been nice for the admins to have gotten a little thank you, but doing that would start a domino effect of all the major green day fansites expecting the same thing. Then there'd be the case of "Well they thanked one site and not the other..." so i suppose really, they're best just staying out of it.

I don't buy the whole "domino" effect. Not one bit. I remember a while back some site (i can't remember which one. greendayvideos maybe?) that had a little message from Billie that they got from him somehow.

Apparently, Andres, you and I are the only ones on this entire site who share the same feeling.

the band not their management the BAND pobably didnt even know they might have donated something, but we will never know so why is everone arguing

Well, now that I understand you're talking about appreciation, not the giveaway prize - I have to say I agree. Yes, there are other fan sites out there.. though I'm not sure about 'thousands' of them. But I think GDA definitely qualifies as the best unofficial Green Day website. That being said, a thank you for all the hard work would have been nice.

I'm sure the guys have heard about/seen/visited GDA before, but I doubt they come here all that often. I remember Courtney saying that their tour manager recognized them at the recording academy honors, so they for sure know about this place and everything that goes into it - but I'm not so sure they knew much about the anniversary. So, I guess it was expecting a little much maybe?

Well, I should clear that up. We do make profit from the site through advertising. So we don't charge you guys for anything, but ads keep us going.

Ohh... but Green Day dont make money off us like they do the idiot club, right?

And about this whole domino effect thing, who the fuck cares? Let the other sites be jelous...what are they gonna do, spam us? :rolleyes:

they get bugged enough for things already Andres. so in my mind, having received many requests that people wanted passed onto the band... I can well imagine the domino effect actually happening. people just need to get the vaguest idea somebody has actual contacts.... has some sort of influence and it will be all "hey you did it for them, why not me!" or "this is a really deserving cause!"

happens all to often now when fans are desperate to contact the band. so even if they werent inundated with crap, you would be. and so would everybody else who they thought it might be worth contacting.

I don't buy the whole "domino" effect. Not one bit. I remember a while back some site (i can't remember which one. greendayvideos maybe?) that had a little message from Billie that they got from him somehow.

Well, i never knew about that, so who knows? They should have sent something, but i still don't get how some people tie that in with the band going downhill. It seems like every little thing the band do or don't do comes down to that lately.

Apparently, Andres, you and I are the only ones on this entire site who share the same feeling.

i understand and agree with you.

they should appreciate the publicity they get from this site and have done something for the 5th aniversary.

Nope, me too.

I just had nothing to add to what Andres already said, so I didn't bother.

Archived