A little disappointed in Green Day

Parley

I purposely didn't bring this up when we were all celebrating GDA's 5th annniversary because I didn't want to poop on anyone's parade, however...

I was hoping that Green Day or any of it's members would send a brief video or audio message to the GDA family (administrators, mods and members...you know--the FAMILY!) offering their congratulations and a "thanks from Green Day" upon reaching it's fifth anniversary. Instead, one of their "people" sent an autographed 8x10 glossy. Wow, boys. Do you really think you can spare it?? (**edited right after I posted this: Now that I think about it, they probably didn't even send it for the occasion. Andres probably donated it himself**)

Add to the fact that they are not currently touring, so time shouldn't be a big issue and add to the fact that they benefit HUGELY from all the great work that Courtney, Andres et al do and have done on this site (Yes, Andres, I know that you are doing it for the fans and not for Green Day, but they still reap the benefits of all your hard work).

Intellectually, I understand that they MAY be contractually bound to only contribute audio and video material to their own site (but I wouldn't be sure of this at all). I also realize that if they gave something to this site they would be bombarded by all the other GD sites (they probably already are, though). But everyone who is a GD fan or webmaster recognizes this as the best and foremost GD site, so would understand why other sites wouldn't get the same consideration.

Anywho, to make a long story short...nope, TOO LATE!...while I know in my head that there may be logical reasons for Green Day not showing its appreciation to the GDA, in my trifling little heart I'm still BITTER! They should've done something very special and they didn't.

*disclaimer* This rant is, in no way, meant to diminsh the prize given by Andres for the contest. Unlike Billie, Mike, and Tre (in this particular instance), Andres is very generous.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

=/ you make good point.

but i dunno, i'd be grateful they even sent a signed poster.

i guess you have a point but how were they to know its the 5th anniversery, yes they have come on here but not everyday they have lives and its not going on their fansites

Wow, I don't know. of course, it would've been nice if they have done something, but they don't have to, so...they didn't.

thats a totally fair point.

i know there probably busy, but fuck, a little for the people that are helping them be where they are now wouldnt hurt so much.

i dread to think the combined numbers of money, effort and love that has gone into green day, not just from the mods, but the 100's of people that love them and love here, and yet, no real effort.

it just sums up to me the way the bands going, unfortunatly.

At least they sent something be grateful for that.But you do have a point,I would have expect a little more like "A word from Green Day"

At least they sent something.

true. if they had sent nothing then that would be rediculous,

but its probably the standard send out to fans.

i guess you have a point but how were they to know its the 5th anniversery, yes they have come on here but not everyday they have lives and its not going on their fansites

I think I remember Andres mentioning that he was contacting Green Day in hopes of getting something special for the 5th anniversary.

I doubt they come on here often, so I don't think they would know.

And I bet they're scared of their fans anyway.

I think you need to calm down, and not be bitter when a band, that has millions of fans, don't send something to GDA. They have more important things to do, like spent time with their families and record another kick-ass album.

At least they sent something be grateful for that.But you do have a point,I would have expect a little more like "A word from Green Day"

As I edited in my looooong post, maybe they didn't even send it for that. It may have been one of Andres' personal possessions.

Be bloody greatful, they could have sent nothing.

I doubt many bands would even have sent that.

Be bloody greatful, they could have sent nothing.

I doubt many bands would even have sent that.

Did you read what I wrote??? Maybe they did send NOTHING!! And if one of their underlings sent a photo, big whoop.

No, Andres said they send him stuff for the site-giveaways, contests and stuff like that, I think.

Did you read what I wrote??? Maybe they did send NOTHING!! And if one of their underlings sent a photo, big whoop.

I'm pretty sure Andres said that green day/green day's people had sent it, actually.

And did you read what I wrote? It's better than nothing.

there's some kinda point in that, but you know, they don't have to do it, and im pretty

sure they're not here that often so they might don't even know about that at all.

I know what you mean, but how many famous Green Day fansites are there out there? Actually, not that many, would you believe. And doesn't it say somewhere that they actually know this place exists? If they (I know you said you didn't know) did send that photo, then that's great, fair enough, at least they recognise its significance. But if it was Andres', or someone else's, then that's kind of ungreatful.

I also said that they, Green Day, did not send it personally. I don't talk to them. I asked their manager if they could send anything. I'm almost certain that he didn't walk up to Green Day and ask them to send it.

Yeah you do have a point, but still you don't know how many times Green Day goes on GDA. Like they might be working on their new album so they might not have time to go on the computer everyday. Just think about it, if you were in a well known band and there are so many sites about you and your band, you wouldn't have time to go on every site at once...so maybe Billie,Tre, or Mike forgot it was GDA's birthday,or whatever you call it, or something else might of happened. But I'm just saying there are tons of reasons why Green Day didn't say anything about GDA's birthday (or whatever you call it).

Well, they didn't have to send anything at all. Sure, their manager could have sent something more than an autographed picture, but even that is pleasing enough. Especially for the people who aren't in the idiot club, giving away a free autographed picture is a good prize. Just be happy you even got to participate in it. Their management might not have even told the guys about it.. There's tons of possibilities here, it just sounds greedy to say they didn't give enough.

I doubt they come on here often, so I don't think they would know.

And I bet they're scared of their fans anyway.

I think you need to calm down, and not be bitter when a band, that has millions of fans, don't send something to GDA. They have more important things to do, like spent time with their families and record another kick-ass album.

exactly, i mean it was kind of a dissapointment they didn't do anything. but they have lives and family and they are focusing on making a kickass album :thumbsup:

I don't think she's talking about something to giveaway for people. She's talking about something for GDA. A "thanks" or something.

Honestly, Court and I were kind of hoping for something, but we didn't get anything and we were kind of dissappointed. But oh well. I don't like asking or expecting anything other than their music.

Yeah. maybe they didn't even know about the anniversary.

That would have explain alot.

And as I said, they don't have to give us anything at all.

Do you realize how easy it would've been to make a little audio message? They have their own studio (Billie may have one in his house, too). Any one of them could've taken a minute and a half out of one day and recorded a little message.

Considering all of the totally free publicity they get from this site, it's hardly being greedy to think they might make some small gesture of appreciation.

do you know which they have actually looked at Andres? because I think they probably meant the main site, not the forums.

I totally agree with you. Like they have a family to take care of. They can't do everything you want.

Archived