Green Day Pedal Set Up

boarder boy

Yeah I remember seeing him use a pedal before as well. I honestly don't remember when,k and I know he doesn't have one on stage. I'm trying to think if he used one back in early days. I can't remember.

Even if he doesn't, i'm sure there's some you could find to get some sort of similiar effect. Not too sure about a distortion pedal, I've never used one that got a similiar sound to his, but maybe an effect pedal that has all the different kinds in it.

I really suck at this stuff. I'm horrible with guitar tech - but maybe someone can pickup where I'm trying to go?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think he said once that he doesnt use any, not even distortion. just amp distortion. the only effect i can really hear he uses sometimes is reverb and thats probly just amp reverb. and he uses a flanger on a couple things. (like whatsername).

Even if he doesn't, i'm sure there's some you could find to get some sort of similiar effect. Not too sure about a distortion pedal, I've never used one that got a similiar sound to his, but maybe an effect pedal that has all the different kinds in it.

Like a multi-effects processor?

I think I recall seeing him use a pedal recording American Idiot on some special. He has to use some pedals or effects, there's distortion in songs that can't be achieved by an amp.

i am sorry i never went to a concert with Green Day b4 so i never saw a person press a pedal during a song.

i saw one..during Simple Plan's 'snga', the making..i think David :wub: was using one...maybe Jeff...one of the 2..

I think Jason White uses a pedal. especially for the end of BOBD. I always see him put his foot on and off it

but I dont know what kind it is

Billie uses no distortion pedals.

Yeah he does! How else do you think he gets that effect on BOBD?

Yeah he does! How else do you think he gets that effect on BOBD?

obviousl most of you don't realize what kind of a sound a distortion pedal makes...the effect in BOBD like in the intro is Tremelo which is a guitar effect. Disortion is kind of the crunch or grind (I don't really know how to explain it)

And to answer the question above about Jason White and the end of BOBD, that is the wah pedal I mentioned earlier that you control with your foot to give sort of a wah sound.

To answer the other question about not being able to get the same sound without pedals could me incorrect seeing as how most of his amps have been severily modified.

Billie uses no distortion pedals.

yes he does. there was something in this gd bio i read where on one of their early tours he was trying to communicate with this foregin guy to get a distortion pedal. he ended up getting the only one there was in the entire town. it sounded like a duck farting.

yes he does. there was something in this gd bio i read where on one of their early tours he was trying to communicate with this foregin guy to get a distortion pedal. he ended up getting the only one there was in the entire town. it sounded like a duck farting.

haha well he probably didn't use it much then did he? :P

I'm still thinking he doesn't use pedals and when I play Green Day songs its easier to get closer to the same sound using the amps distortion which sounds very different from a distortion from a pedal.

Read under the amps section....

http://www.1039sweetchildren.net/1039SC/Ba...oeArmstrong.htm

Read also here where it explains how Billie used NO effects until AI in Boulevard of Broken Dreams which is kind of obvious.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=358996

thanks alot for this site it helped alot but know i need to find the pickup he uses witch is proving to be dificult. help would be nice evcery one

on his strat he uses a Seymour Duncan JB Humbucker. I dunno aobut his new guitars probably a p-90 or something like that. I seriously want a wah pedal to cover up my horrible soloing.

I thought I saw Jason White using one to play boulevard of broken dreams on, well, everything they've played it on but Billie doesn't use one. (most likely b.c. he doesn't play through the whole song.)

thanks alot for this site it helped alot but know i need to find the pickup he uses witch is proving to be dificult. help would be nice evcery one

SH-4 JB Humbucker (black)-I got mine for $70 and have it placed in the bridge position, it's a pretty humbucker and i'm happy with it.

Archived