Green Day Pedal Set Up

boarder boy

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, personally, I would see a need for his query. Maybe he thinks that the pedal sounds good, and he wants one for himself?

first of all of couse billie uses a pedal or distortion of anykind on the guitar would have to be controlled by someone else off stage and that is simply in effecent.

And two....what is a pedal? How the crap can you ask that. When you go to a show its pretty plain to see a bunch of pedals a guitarist will push througout a song....those are them

and no saidly i dont...but i hear he plays through a fender bassman amp to get a grittier and lower sound.Plus he uses a Les Paul Jr. that has a single humbucker.....verryyy low and gritty sound

first of all of couse billie uses a pedal or distortion of anykind on the guitar would have to be controlled by someone else off stage and that is simply in effecent.

And two....what is a pedal? How the crap can you ask that. When you go to a show its pretty plain to see a bunch of pedals a guitarist will push througout a song....those are them

and no saidly i dont...but i hear he plays through a fender bassman amp to get a grittier and lower sound.Plus he uses a Les Paul Jr. that has a single humbucker.....verryyy low and gritty sound

Why would Billie "of course use a pedal", i'm pretty sure he doesn't use pedals, but I may be wrong but I am almost positive. And of course he doesn't ALWAYS use the Les Paul Jr..

Guest punk_rocker27

i am sorry i never went to a concert with Green Day b4 so i never saw a person press a pedal during a song.

well to anser all those questions at once.... i wanted to know whta type of peedal billie uses cause i would indeed like to purchase one . andto the person or persons that sad he dosent use a distortion pedal is wrong becuase hes been quoted saying he used one. so there

well to anser all those questions at once.... i wanted to know whta type of peedal billie uses cause i would indeed like to purchase one . andto the person or persons that sad he dosent use a distortion pedal is wrong becuase hes been quoted saying he used one. so there

I'm still thinking he doesn't use pedals and when I play Green Day songs its easier to get closer to the same sound using the amps distortion which sounds very different from a distortion from a pedal.

Read under the amps section....

http://www.1039sweetchildren.net/1039SC/Ba...oeArmstrong.htm

Read also here where it explains how Billie used NO effects until AI in Boulevard of Broken Dreams which is kind of obvious.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=358996

i dont think he uses any pedals... his distortion comes from his amp which is from a Marshall... and i think its pretty sad that billie joe has somebody in the back to turn his distortion off for him... cause he never has any pedals in front of him... liek whats the point, jsut do it yourself.... but if you want his sound, get a guitar with a humbucker and replace it with a jeff beck seymour duncan pup, a marshall amp, and use super slinkys

i dont think he uses any pedals... his distortion comes from his amp which is from a Marshall... and i think its pretty sad that billie joe has somebody in the back to turn his distortion off for him... cause he never has any pedals in front of him... liek whats the point, jsut do it yourself.... but if you want his sound, get a guitar with a humbucker and replace it with a jeff beck seymour duncan pup, a marshall amp, and use super slinkys

FINALLY...someone who agrees with me :D

he doesnt fucking use a pedal stupid.

Its all billie... talented little bastard

The only time I have EVER seen Billie use a pedal was when they performed Hitchin' A Ride on The Late Show w/ David Letterman back in 2001 (after International Superhits was released). I nearly shit my pants. I was like, "Holy fuck! He used a pedal!!"

Other than that, everything is controlled backstage, especially now since Green Day songs have lots of different sounds, like in Jesus of Suburbia. It gives Billie the freedom to run around on stage and interact more with the audience... If you have seen them live or at least watched Bullet In A Bible, you'll know that Billie is like a kid with ADD, he rarely is in the same spot for more than a few seconds.

I don't really get what a distortion pedal is... :blink:

Ooops, never mind, I didnt know there was a second page...

I know Billie doesn't use pedals on stage but, how would anyone here know? I mean we never saw him using one.

Archived