have green day encouraged you to be individual

greenday-are-my-religion

did you used to try and fit in with a crowd

and then when you first heard green day did you come out of your shell and become an individual

let me know

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

definitely yes!!! Before I hoped that I'm accepted by everyone and that I fit into a special group,but since I hear GD I don'T give a fuck if people like me or not,as long as my friends like me (and they do!!!!) :D

yea exactly i hate the way that all the chavs go around in big gangs and try to be the same as eachother because there to scared to be different

pffft. i was already and individual before i started listening to them.

but i guess i'm more of one now than ever... :thumbsup:

ditto

I never really tried to fit into a crowd. But Green Day definitely gave me reason to stay away from the crowd, and be true to myself. I started listening to them when I was 14, so it was right around the time in high school where people start getting into cliques. I think their music gave me reason to try and be no part of that, and just enjoy being myself, regardless if i was the only one.

Now that I've grown up somewhat since then, I think their music has given me a bigger reason to be an individual on my own terms. Each year that I get older I feel like i understand more and more who I am, and who I want to be. They definitely had a role in that.

I've always been an individual...like when we had carnival(?) in kindergarden all the girls dressed like princesses and I dressed as a pirate :D ...I've always listen to different music than the others and I dress different...I'm not the most popular girl in shcool, but if being popular means being someone I'm not, than I don't give a shit...

"I rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not"

- Kurt D. Cobain

but i do hate the way that all the big groups that want to be the same all take the piss out of you being different and they hate you because your not like them

does anyone else suffer with this

same.

and i also want to know if in your school are you surrounded by chavs and wannabes and they look down on you or try to make you fell down because of who you are

^No,there are just some sluty girls which are listening to hiphop and that crap but I don't care about them,although I'd love tellling them to F.O.D.

yeah,, a bit.. green day really showed me how to be yourself and pull yourself out of the [shitty] crowd.. but as long as the crowd is nice & friendly,, then why should i be individual?? & every single person in this forum must have a bunch of friends.. and that shows you that you aren't individual... :thumbsup:

^being an indivudal doesn't have something to do if you have friends or not,it's about that you're NOT LIKE them and not if you have some

YES!!!

before i always liked everyone i and was not very cool now im all wit the populare people and jus t my whole life almost

YES!!!

before i always liked everyone i and was not very cool now im all wit the populare people and jus t my whole life almost

what the hell are you going on about how could you be individual and be in with the popular crowd

yes

before i wanted to be 'popular' in my school :dry:

now noone talk to me there. i don't give a shit. :)

yes. Green Day opened a door for me. They showed me a world that I didnt otherwise realize, I am most comfortable living in. They taught me to be more open minded, to enjoy music more, and that I dont always have to follow the mainstream. They taught me to love me for who I am and to always be myself, to always be an individual with my own mind and heart. Before Green Day I was a self conscious, low self esteem breakdown and when I found them, they lifted me from all that mess and made me so much happier. They inspire me to achieve every single day

Yes they have.

Before I always just really cared what everyone thought of me. I didn't want to look stupid or anything like that in front of people because I wanted them to think I was in a way perfect.

But when I started listening to Green Day, they just kind of put it into my head like why care what other people think of you? Then I realized all that time, that I wasn't being myself.

They've changed me for the better.

Green Day have done an awful lot for me. Sometimes I forget how much. They introduced me to a new way of life, a "Punk" way of life, as well as the music I listen too. Yes, Green Day have made me and individual, I'm nothing like anyone else. Otherwise, I know I'd of done anything ot fit in. Now, I let myself fit in being me, and if I don't fit in being me, well, I don't want to be there, if you understand that. They taught me to be myself, and they made me relise how great "me" is.

I think Green Day has. I've always had insecurity issues, but this past year I've just been my own person. Well partly because I don't want to be like the girls who are obsessed with their clothes and how much they cost - I've never wanted to be like that.

Now I just don't care what people think. Ever since I started listening to Green Day I've been that way.

^being an indivudal doesn't have something to do if you have friends or not,it's about that you're NOT LIKE them and not if you have some

okay.. i gottit now!!

Archived