Green Day getting awards

Fuzz

Do you guys think it's time for Green Day to stop getting awards?

That day we mentioned on the main site about GD possibly being nominated for the '06 MTV Awards, we had a lot of people saying it's just getting lame how they are nominated for so many things nearing two years after AI was released.

It could be seen as an honor, you know, still getting awards after so much time has passed.

What do you think? Do you think it even matters at all?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's only an honor to the people who realize how much work they have put it to receive the success they have. If people who have just heard Boulevard of Broken Dreams are saying 'this is lame. stop winning awards' They have no right to say that because they don't really know what they've accomplished.

So I'm fine with it, they totally deserve it.

...Wasn't I the only person who opposed them getting awards?....I was getting like an absolute bashing from members with usernames like "BillieJoe<34eva"

But don't get me wrong. I think they deserve it, but don't you think it's that strange that nobody in the music industry is able to beat them? Is music these days that bad?

Um, isn't it obvious that no one is going to beat them. Do you realize how awfully shitty mainstream music is these days?

I don't give two shits, really. If they get nominated, that isn't going to really change my life a whole lot.

But, not to offend anybody [especially Green Day], I think the only reason why MTV is nominating them [still] is because they know that they're going to get publicity. That's all MTV is: popular bullshit that nobody really wants to fucking deal with. If they add Green Day in that scenario, they know that the bullshit will be overlooked.

Quite smart, corporate whore-wise.

Considering Green Day was probalby one of the most popular bands when American Idiot came out it was kinda obvious that they would be played on MTV. They play whatever the majority of America is listening to, so it was undeniable they would play Green Day. They've been playing Green Day for 12 years, it's not like they just started.

Well, there was that interview during the Pop Disaster Tour, so they didn't totally forget about them.

Damn.

I personally am really jazzed that they got nominated for this year's VMAs. I remember thinking last year, as I watched them gather their awards for American Idiot and Boulevard of Broken Dreams, how it was a shame that they weren't going to get any recognition for their Wake Me Up When September Ends video, and how I hoped it would be nominated for at least one award in '06.

As far as if it really matters; I'm not sure. With all the other awards they have won since the release of American Idiot, I'm sure that while they would of course appreciate the nominations, I doubt they'd really miss it if they didn't win. I don't think winning awards would ever really stop being an honor just because you'd won so many, and I imagine knowing that so many people throughout the world appreciate your music must be one of the greatest feelings for a band.

And I do think they keep winning awards because music these days is that bad. There are a lot of great bands out there, but out of the select few that get recognized by the media and nominated for awards, Green Day is by far the greatest.

Yeah and I don't think they played much of Insomniac because that wasn't very popular. Billie wasn't sexy enough then for them.

Yeah, let me clarify, I meant popular music these days is really shitty. Most bands that are 'undiscovered' are ten times better than the bands that are played on MTV every day.

Yeah and I don't think they played much of Insomniac because that wasn't very popular. Billie wasn't sexy enough then for them.

Yeah, let me clarify, I meant popular music these days is really shitty. Most bands that are 'undiscovered' are ten times better than the bands that are played on MTV every day.

I thought it was your birthday today until I read carefully.

Yeah, even if they didn't win or I don't think even if they weren't nominated they wouldn't care. They know how much of their lives they devoted to American Idiot and how much their fans appreciated it, so it wouldn't matter to them if they weren't recognized by MTV or some other corporation.

MTV is just another shitty program that only shows whatever is 'popular' and not good, and that's why I probably would be honored to win any fucking award from them. I'd feel pretty shitty, actually.

That's just my opinion. It's still great that Green Day won, though.

I thought it was your birthday today until I read carefully.

I don't get it....

Is this one of your confusing jokes Julie?

I don't get it....

Is this one of your confusing jokes Julie?

Not hardly.

Go look at the "members celebrating their birthday."

Not hardly.

Go look at the "members celebrating their birthday."

I don't see any close to my name. I'm so confused, you're gonna have to spell this one out for me.

I don't see any close to my name. I'm so confused, you're gonna have to spell this one out for me.

Oh... time difference. I bet you wondered what the fuck I was on about. There is someone called RudysCantFail.

The nominators forgot how long the album has really been out and they still mention em. I wouldn't blaim Green Day if they were tired of going to all these award shows even when they are trying to write a new one. :rolleyes:

I think is a honor to be awarded after 2 years after AI.Sometimes it gets annoying when they win stupid awards but I think they deserve all of our respect.

Oh... time difference. I bet you wondered what the fuck I was on about. There is someone called RudysCantFail.

haha. i was like whaaat the fuck is she smoking.

motherfucker stole my username :verymad: i guess the clash kinda owns i though. i forgive them.

i htink no matter who gives out the awards you should be happy that your favorite band is being honored with an award, yeah i dont really ike mtv, but hell if they are supporting gd thats fine with me. i dont know, i dont get everyone being like the AI era needs to end, well yeah it gets annoying, but come on if its your favorite band be supportive

no more awards!

no more!

I need awards.

award me.

i only have a three year dancing medal. and a 5 year trophy. and was one year away from getting a 10 year statue.

i don't think it's time for them to stop getting awards at all.

they worked damn hard on that album, and it ended up being one of the biggest albums ever.

they're one hard-ass working band, and they deserve every single award that they win.

american idiot was a masterpiece, and it still is.

they can win as many awards as they can and i won't get annoyed.

i only have a three year dancing medal. and a 5 year trophy. and was one year away from getting a 10 year statue.

Ha... you suck so bad you only get awarded for longevity.

I don't think it's a big deal. I mean, there's alot of bands that are still getting nominated for albums they made 10 years ago.

Archived