which song would represent green day best?

Hugo?

The first time I heard of Green Day I was in the south of France on a school trip and it was Poprocks and Coke which I first heard, since then I was hooked. It reminds me of my school trip everytime, being with my old friends and the start of a worrying obsession for the trio haha.

I don't really know which song best sums up Green Day - as to different people they represent different things. I like the fun side to it all - music's fun, silly lyrics, catchy riffs it's all good - there's sometimes an issue behind it e.g the whole American Idiot album, but mainly I associate them with upbeat fun - which can be linked to King For A Day, so after this longwinded debate that's my final descision!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest 16PaperLanterns

a 9 hour combination of every green day song.

in other words, i have no idea.

well all of them represent (sp?) them but I guess if I had to choose one I would say Jesus Of Suburbia...I love that song :thumbsup:

Minority Because I like being myself and ppl try and change that but they too retarded to realize that I won't listen to them

• 1 month later...

wow thats some writing you've got there.. do you have like a final answer on this?

I don’t think there is anything 'final' about it. Green Day doesn’t seem like the type of band or people in general who can be subsidized and limited to one understanding - I don’t think the guys are about 'Categorize' in theory anyways.

There can be many different interpretations about the group, their flesh tearing music, or their heart engraved lyrics. The mood of the band is so abstract and artistic; it creates itself with your own explanations or output, for Billies 'input'. Green Day have had their different 'seasons' and aspects of the turmoil the artist has dealt with just seems pointless to try and condense it into one tune. You have the punk identity carried with Minority, really spoken to its roots, you could only think its the best possibility to describes this groups pride and integrity - but then again one of the most 'punk' things to do was to put a song like 'Good Riddance' on an album like Nimrod, accompanied by some of the loudest fastest music of their career. I couldn’t dare to ignore what they carry on their backs to be proud of, that’s my final answer.

Minority. That is the only song to me that showcases everything Green Day stands for and belives in.

this is a really hard question, because every green day song represents and symbolizes them.

But if i had to choose, probably Minority or something.

Maybe 86, because it shows what they had to go through.

Archived