Tom Delonge says Green Day isn't his kind of music

jnine13

what the fuck? Wasn't he on Fuse's "Influenced: Green Day" and talking about how Green Day was one of the reasons why he started playing punk music?

yea he was talking about how they influenced him on "Influenced: Green Day". he needs to get his head out of his ass

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well he didnt attack them, hes just being a dumbass.

its not like he siad "ahh green day fucking sucks" or something.

oh and by the replys, i think you should rename this topic to

"tom delonge has his head up his ass"

yea he was talking about how they influenced him on "Influenced: Green Day". he needs to get his head out of his ass

god, i hate people like that! he really should get his head out of his ass. i'd be happy to help him if he can't do it on his own.

god, i hate people like that! he really should get his head out of his ass. i'd be happy to help him if he can't do it on his own.

:lol:

tom is just wishing that his new band is as good as Blink or GD.. that's all...

tom is an asshole. i thought he said that green day were a big influence on blink 182? :dry:

Tom is an asshole...

i hate his voice

my sister always makes fun of the way he says head in I Miss You.... and everything else he sings...

I find it hard to believe he's never heard a song off A.I. He said himself that the only Green Day songs he's heard are the ones they play on the radio and lately it has all been A.I. stuff. Plus to say Green Day had little influence on Blink is just moronic.

I don't think Angels & Airwaves are that good anyway. Their single kind of bored me.

my sister always makes fun of the way he says head in I Miss You.... and everything else he sings...

"...myyyeeee-yed"

how many times do i have to say it before it'll sink through your guys thick skulls... BLINK 182 AND GREEN DAY BOTH MAKE THE SAME KIND OF MUSIC!!!

get over it.

No way..its not the same music..for me..

Maybe we should be happy he's saying Green Day didn't influence him, than he can't blame them when his newest band sucks :).

Maybe we should be happy he's saying Green Day didn't influence him, than he can't blame them when his newest band sucks :).

amen!

:lol: good point

Amen to the lord and good old jesus

Well u cant trust anything that comes out of toms mouth........he said angles and airwaves was gonna change music

well it didnt

yes, he does sound like he's being a little full of himself and the band. i mean, 'more for the anger or melody?' and he said melody, as if the message in music isnt important at all. this new band doesnt sound like U2 or have the mystery of Pink Floyd, its just a trendy darker sound, trying to get those kids that listen to darker stuff to buy this, so he can say he's big because he might get on TRL. shouldnt music be about having fun, and doing what you want, not trying to be the best, or saying your better than iconic bands? i thought tom delonge, a sucky ass guitar player and humorous pop star would think that of all people, but apparently not.

No way..its not the same music..for me..

but thats because you are influenced by other fans your age of green day who think blink sux because apparently green day is all hardcore. i dont know where you've been, but its basically the same kind of music, yes, different groups, and therefore different sounds, but the same kind of music. get over it.

I don't really care about his kind of music or what he thinks, so whatever.

Green Day is my kind of music and that's what I do care.

He's really insecure if he feels the need to distance himself from their influence now.

If Dookie didn't go Diamond and show the industry the genre was commercially viable in the 90's, Blink wouldn't have been signed to a major, Tom wouldn't have made his millions and wouldn't have his A&A vanity project that's supposedly going to "change music".

Tom Delonge makes me want to cry at times he's gone so gay. What the fuck is on nowadays? Does he think he is some American hero like when he's walking that field on A and A video with that American flag on his jacket? :down:

I reckon he crys himself to sleep at night because he's not in Blink anymore and that Travis chose Mark over him, oh and the fact that Angels and Airwaves are crap. :lol:

He has listened to every GD album because if he hadn't where the hell would Blink get their inspiration?

Walshie

Guest Quietus

I swear, one day his ego's going to explode and that's going to be the end of him. Good riddance, if I might add.

We should start collecting pictures - you know, timeline up to the explosion? See the growth of his cranium?

Archived