Tom Delonge says Green Day isn't his kind of music

jnine13

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tom Delonge? Who?

he was the guitarist in blink 182. that's all i really know. and box car racer. and he has some new band too.

he was the guitarist in blink 182. that's all i really know. and box car racer. and he has some new band too.

Sorry, I was being sarcastic :lol: I know who he is, hes a dick anyway.

Sorry, I was being sarcastic :lol: I know who he is, hes a dick anyway.

haha, i thought you might be... but i wasn't sure :lol:

haha, i thought you might be... but i wasn't sure :lol:

:lol: I guess I need to practise my sarcasum a bit more!

I don't really care what he said, he has his own opinion, but he was obviously influenced by Green Day at one point or another. Part of the guitar chords for What's my age again sound exactly the same as parts of Basketcase.

I think he's just being an ass because he knows Green Days music is better than his...

hes a RETARDO :woot: . He doenst like them cuz greendays better than him.

He's a fucking genius : attacking green day was the better thing to do for him because it's the only way to keep people aware of what HE is actually doing. It's like that time when Rotten said green day was plunx. They just want people to remind they are alive and make something that sounds a little bit like music.

He's a fucking genius : attacking green day was the better thing to do for him because it's the only way to keep people aware of what HE is actually doing. It's like that time when Rotten said green day was plunx. They just want people to remind they are alive and make something that sounds a little bit like music.

Very true, the man could be a genius! Even though he talks through his arse.

It's pretty bad when they have to attack other bands to get attention. I think thats pretty low especially after they toured together.

It's pretty bad when they have to attack other bands to get attention.

Hadn't you read this boring thread about defending green day yet ? Andres said it was useless to defend them because they are a big band... Well it's like the same thing here. I mean, I don't think Green day should care about the attacks of Tom Delonge... He's just a sad guy who wants to keep in the spotlights.

Well actually I wasn't defending Green day i'm just saying in general. :thumbsup:

Well actually I wasn't defending Green day i'm just saying in general. :thumbsup:

I understood, but the point I tried to make was just to say that if they don't need to be defended because they are big enough, then they don't have to fear the attacks of a poor guy...

Guest jesus of suburbia25

I think Tom liked Green Day when Enema Of The State came out and before. Cause that music sounds like Green Day.

But with the untitled album it had an whole new sound (what doesn't sounds directly like Green Day) and that new sound was Tom's idea I think cause it sounds more like his new project, Angels & Airwaves. He said to that the reason why Blink splitted is that he couldn't make his kind of music with Travis & Mark.

I thinks its that make him say that Green Day is not his kind of music. But I don't believe he has never heard of the American Idiot album.

It's pretty bad when they have to attack other bands to get attention. I think thats pretty low especially after they toured together.

that's true.. i honestly don't care what he says, he can have his own opinions, i just feel kinda bad for the guy cause he's making an ass out of himself the way he's going about the whole thing.

"Van Gogh cut off his ear because he couldn't express what he was trying to express."

Stupid stupid Tom.

that's true.. i honestly don't care what he says, he can have his own opinions, i just feel kinda bad for the guy cause he's making an ass out of himself the way he's going about the whole thing.

I totally agree with you!!! :thumbsup:

i love tom. his quotes consistently are able to make me giggle. although this one wasn't nearly as good as when he's hyping up AVA

I'm inspired by Green Day's success, but their music doesn't really touch me. It's not my kind of music.

what the fuck? Wasn't he on Fuse's "Influenced: Green Day" and talking about how Green Day was one of the reasons why he started playing punk music?

whatever.

ive never liked blink, or him.

tom just has always had his enormous head up his ass.

and hes always been a fucking follower. he cant cover it up now.

and john lennon got shot, becaue the guy who shot him was fucking crazy, it had nothing to do with his songs.

god i fucking hate ignorance.

that is pretty low

yeah, true, it's sad... i've never liked tom/blink, but this is probably a good way to promote angels and airwaves. some people just... argh :dry:

Archived