Tom Delonge says Green Day isn't his kind of music

jnine13

Didn't Blink tour with Green Day and get blown away by them? Didn't he say he was influenced by them? Now he says their music isn't his kind of thing and he's never heard the AI album. He also says John Lennon was shot because he was writing songs about the war. He's not very smart.

http://www.vh1.com/news/articles/1533381/2...601/story.jhtml

(I saw this on another website, in case that person sees it and thinks I'm stealing it.)

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i agree with you. Way to contradict yourself Tom.

Tom Delonge is so far up his own arse he has no idea what he actually says

:thumbsup:

Seriously, he is such a dick! All the guys from Blink have said that Green Day are a major influence on them.

But obviously, now Tom Delonge is the greatest thing in the world :down: , Green Day are nothing in comparison.

And who here actually believes that he hasn't listened to AI? And if he really hasn't listened to AI, then that just proves his ignorance, considering that it is one of the best and most important albums of the past 5 years!

:mad: In the words of my father... "What a fuckwit!"

^ What?? No they don't.

Blink is so average, with a few good songs, while Green Day has all perfect songs.

You can hear the influence a bit, but I don't think they are really that alike.

OK well my bad. I don't listen to Blink. But they are obviously influenced by them, just like you said. :)

It is possible DeLonge haven't heard the whole AI album

BUT telling that GD is not his kind of music, it is just bullshit!!! :dry:

:thumbsup:

Seriously, he is such a dick! All the guys from Blink have said that Green Day are a major influence on them.

But obviously, now Tom Delonge is the greatest thing in the world :down: , Green Day are nothing in comparison.

And who here actually believes that he hasn't listened to AI? And if he really hasn't listened to AI, then that just proves his ignorance, considering that it is one of the best and most important albums of the past 5 years!

:mad: In the words of my father... "What a fuckwit!"

i agree with you completly

NO, Tom Delonge has his head in the skies and needs come down to Earth, his new Band A&A isnt as great as he thinks they are.

OK well my bad. I don't listen to Blink. But they are obviously influenced by them, just like you said. :)

Yeah, I can admit the influence, but I get upset when people compare the two, because I just think Blink are so substandard when compared to GD! :wink:

It is possible DeLonge haven't heard the whole AI album

And if he really hasn't listened to AI, then that just proves his ignorance, considering that it is one of the best and most important albums of the past 5 years!

:)

he's so fucking interested in his new album, which has been hyped up to be the best album ever, when it's a total pile of bollock, that he probably is just doing it for a bit more publicity.

^Exactly. In his whacked out, space and war obsessed brain, he probably thinks that his band will look better if he downplays Green Day's influence on him, and their importance to the world.

NO, Tom Delonge has his head in the skies and needs come down to Earth, his new Band A&A isnt as great as he thinks they are.

that is soo true

"Within two years, we'll be the biggest rock act in the world. There's never been a rock band from america that sounds like is. It has the conceptual depth of Pink Floyd, it has the anthemic architecture of U2 but it has the energy and youthful vibrancy of Blink"

- Blink 182 frontman Tom DeLonge gets gassed over his new band

get over yourself...

Eh' Who really cares?? Does the fact that Tom Delonge said that make you not like them? If I doesn't change your opinion of Green Day...it shouldn't matter.

that is soo true

"Within two years, we'll be the biggest rock act in the world. There's never been a rock band from america that sounds like is. It has the conceptual depth of Pink Floyd, it has the anthemic architecture of U2 but it has the energy and youthful vibrancy of Blink"

- Blink 182 frontman Tom DeLonge gets gassed over his new band

get over yourself...

yeah, and he says that on a show about bands that were influnced by green day? i mean how fucking egoticstic can you get? use someone elses show to promote your new album. God i fucking hate Tom Delonge. He is such a creepy asshole and a dumbass. He is incapibale of writing any song that makes any sence and on the odd occasion you understand what he meant you instantly wish you didn't because every thing blink does is so discusting and crude. His stuck up additude towards everything turns me off him, blink and A&A. I refuse to believe that the A&A album is going to be the amazing thing that he and some other people seam to think it is, and i am certainly not going to waste my money on it. i will just burn it from someone else. sorry but that is just how i feel.

i think his uphimself just cause he has a whole new band and has a new album with the angels and airwaves he thinks his better, and he acted way interested to green day than what green day had acted towards them.

Blink 182 had started most of the conversations with green day and talking to them the most more then they did back. and they were the ones that sent a letter to green day to tour and couldn't wait :/

He's just sore that Green Day has much more fans than he has even though he's in a new band. And he must have listened to A.I for like a million times already...

Their was one of the Blink songs that sounded just like Green Day.. hm oh well. His bad. Now all Green Day fans who listens to him is gonna be pissed. It's not very good marketing for his album..

umm...okay? :huh:

and who cares if he's heard it or not. he probably doesnt want to listen to it because he's gonna realize they're better :rolleyes: :wink:

Maybe what he means is its not his thing anymore? I dont know, my opinion of Tom has gone way downhill lately. I love the music that Angels and Airwaves did and I love Tom's voice, but not Tom. He's way too full of himself. Maybe in a few years he'll look back on all this and feel a little embaressed by what he said and what a fuss he made. I think he's been making a fool of himself.

im not surprised he said what he did. he's always been a complete loser whos made a career with a band who basically just ripped off every punk rock band under the sun. and on the john lennon thing, thats just fucking stupid :down:

I've said it before and I'll say it again - Tom who?

Archived