How does wearing a Green Day shirt effect you, if at all?

Jewels!

well, one time i went to the zoo and was wearing one of mine and... i guess it was because it was st. patty's day or something, but LOADS of poeple were wearing them.... it's probably also because they've gotten huge and crap, but there were ALOT of poeple in 'em.

i walked by this group of guys and they're all "green day!! yeah!!!" and i was all "omgwtfyeah!!!"

no, not really, i just kinda smiled. butyeah.

no one's ever gone up to me and said "you suck" cause im wearing one of their shirts, but i did have this guy look at a wristband of theirs that i wear nearly everyday and say "you like green day? they suck." i just sorta shook my head and ignored him. whatever.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Umm... it doesn't? It's a shirt, just like all the other shirts I have.

Guest 16PaperLanterns

i don't have a green day shirt...

but i'm going to make one for extra credit in tech. yes, for extra credit we make our own tshirts. i think that's pretty cool.

Umm... it doesn't? It's a shirt, just like all the other shirts I have.

Well, I guess I should have said "How does your Green Day shirt make you feel?" or something like that.

i love wearing green day shirts. i tells who i am. and once i was at the mall with my friends and his group of kids all wearing green day shirts yelled "look someone with a green day shirt!! from the CONCERT!!1" and they were spazzing and it was awesome, and then the same day, i was in hot topic [getting band stuff] and this dude was like "i love seeing young kids wearing green day! " it was....odd....but awesome =]

and then some other time i was wearing another green day shirt and i went to six flags with my friend and SO MANY PEOPLE felt the need to comment but no one said anything bad. this country is coming along nicely =)

I have a lot of Green Day shirts...I pretty much wear a Green Day shirt every other day, but I always wear one on Wednesdays...it's just some stupid ritual I have. I usually get the teenies who come up to me and decide to say stupid shit like "OMGZZ Green Day's first cd American Idiot is soooo good and OMG Billie Joe is sooo hot" and I usually just walk away or I verbally slaughter them :)...and then there are the people who hate Green Day and decide to tell me that everyday, but yeah that's pretty much it.

When I wear a Green Day shirt, I feel proud that everyone sees I'm a Green Day fan

Wait, so how many GD shirts do you have then? That must be a lot of laundry runs.

I have nine total. But I have two pairs of the same. And no, i do laundry every couple weeks. :/

I have a habit of wearing one shirt two or three days in a row depending on what I did that day and whether or not the shit is dirty.

I've been planning on going out to buy more shirts. Maybe i should just order some new GD ones :D

i agree with darkhriss

i dont know how to describe it, but i like to show my taste in music. it makes me feel good about myself, because i am proud of the bands i like. 99% of the shirts i wear are band shirts, mostly green day but i have others. at first it felt kind weird cause it was a new thing, and i wasnt sure how people would react. and, at first, every time i walked into the classroom people would say things like "another green day shirt... ugh", but that is because most people at my school hate green day. which is another reason i like them. im not very outgoing, and wearing band shirts is, for me, a way of self- expression. and when i go places and see others with green day shirts on, we always exchange glances. in a way, it lets you get to know a person. just through a shirt. thats a reason i love band shirts, they say so much. sometimes i get nervous- if im going somewhere where people might not accept my band shirt wearing ways... but i dont care. and that is something i dont say very often. they give me a sense of self-confidence i guess.

I have a green day shirt that has the kerplunk flower logo on it and people always seem to think that it has something to do with gardening.

I have a comfortable old Nimrod shirt that I use as a nightshirt, but it's too hot to wear anything in bed tonight.

I have a couple others too, but I wear more Adeline shirts than Green Day ones.

Guest Caliban

I have nine total. But I have two pairs of the same. And no, i do laundry every couple weeks. :/

I have a habit of wearing one shirt two or three days in a row depending on what I did that day and whether or not the shit is dirty.

I've been planning on going out to buy more shirts. Maybe i should just order some new GD ones :D

Haha, I forgot, guys tend to wear things a few times, at least in my experience. I am a neat freak, if I wear it, I just have to wash it >.<

Mmm, you reminded me, I'm going band shirt shopping tomorrow! :D

Dressed.

You're a sarcastic fucker, aren't you?

Wearing a Green Day shirt doesn't really affect me, having the heart grenade tattooed on my wrist affects me more.

I've only ever worn my Green Day shirt like twice, but that's partly because it shrunk in the wash. I have an Adeline Records shirt (an actual label shirt, not one from the clothing line) that I wear every couple weeks or so. It doesn't give me any special feeling ...

i do have a greenday shirt but i dont wear it that much

i dunno people at my school mostly really hate greenday.

i dont like to be labeled and wearing my shirt makes them think of me a certain way

but i do like to be able to represent them when i can. i wear my shirt out of school cause there i dont care what the hell people say about me

Doesnt really have a effect on me, usually just have the few "mosher" comments, but im used to it now.

It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. :wub:

Most of the time I get crap for wearing it. You know the ocassional "Green Day sucks go burn that shirt now". That sort of thing. It doesn't bother me though. I just laugh it off.

It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. :wub:

Most of the time I get crap for wearing it. You know the ocassional "Green Day sucks go burn that shirt now". That sort of thing. It doesn't bother me though. I just laugh it off.

I get those comments when I wear my Green Day shirts too. I'm a little unhappy at first, but when I come home..I go to GDC! Everything's better then.

I like to represent the Green Day every now and again - I feel proud and supportive :wink:

me too :D

haha. THE green day...u make them sound more important or something just with that THE beginning

it doesnt affect me, of course a wear a Green Day shirt every day....but ppl know that im obsessed....but that's ok!!

No way whatsoever. It covers my torso. That's it. I was wearing one yesterday. I was discussing Spanish and French with my friend and she was making translations for fun and she translated Green Day into Jour Verte and Dia Verde. I was standing for a full 5 minutes before I realized where she pulled Green Day from, since she doesn't even like Green Day.

I have one Green Day shirt but i'm always cold so no one ever sees it.

Anyway it's just a shirt, i get comments anyway; i was wearing a band

hoodie (not GD) the other day and this chav who was walking toward me

started to sing "Skater Boy". I think he thought it had relevance or something.

Since we've all been sharing our shirt stories...

I was at Canada's Wonderland and I was wearing my A.I shirt. So I'm standing in line right, this dude points and me, yells Green Day, and starts singing America Idiot. Then, all hell broke loose. He pulled out his air-guitar and just started going at it. Like a hardcore metal-head.

It was the happiest moment of my life.

Archived