Most overrated Green Day song

s.t jimmy

Wake Me Up When September Ends,it's played at dances,radio stations,music stations EVERYWHERE

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*hangs head in shame* For once in my life I am ashamed to be called a Green Day fan if this is what the fans are like.... :down: This is a very sad day in history when Green Day fans sit around naming popular songs as overrated...

man thats tough mayby bobd i guess . . . i dont know thats a tough one

So many it's not funny. I'm not runnig them down, it's just I've outgrown them

i think bobd and wmuwse, only because they play the piss out of 'em on the raidio.

Basket Case, cos loads of people think it's their first single (no offence meant of course if you didn't) and it just gets on my nerves when they keep going on about it. i mean, When I Come Around was top of the charts longer, Longview was the first single, I just don't get what's so great about Basket Case.

there, rant over :D

My science teacher was telling everyone how Basket Case was their first single, then when i said it was Longview he came out with a "Look, i've been listening to them longer than you've been alive ok"

I didn't know listening to them longer than anyone else made you a bigger fan.

i think Jesus Of Suburbia is overrated. They go on about it in magazines but i don't see what the big deal with that song is. Also American Idiot

:ph34r:

^ im sorry, but i will always love Holiday, no mater how many times they play it on the fucking radio!

the only songs that come to mind when i think of overrated Green Day songs is BOBD, and WMUWSE

but i guess im not the only one cuz thats what everyone else is saying, too.

Well, here in Mexico would be BOBD, WMUWSE, (in radio and on MTV) and JOS not in radio only in MTV the last month and this they put the video all the time!!!

Anyway, I like those songs!!!

To me it's Basket Case, 'cause everyone's going on about how it changed the music industry, but..gah. It just annoys me, and I don't get what the big deal about it is (if that makes sense).

well... i would have to say s.t. jimmy(my user name is only there because it was the first thing i could think of) because it has that esence of naff-ness

well... i would have to say s.t. jimmy(my user name is only there because it was the first thing i could think of) because it has that esence of naff-ness

ill agree with that. especially the last line "and thats my name, and don't wear it out" 5 year olds say that and even when they say it its kinda lame. but dont get me wrong, its still a great song!

I think Wake Me Up and Boulavard etc are overated..but so are Basket Case and when I Come Around..I was watching KERRANG! and in four hours When I Come Around came on about three times!!!!!!!!!

BOBD, without a doubt. i mean, it IS good, and it IS green day, but really, not terrific by theirs or any standars. i like WMUWSE better.

I think Wake Me Up and Boulavard etc are overated..but so are Basket Case and when I Come Around..I was watching KERRANG! and in four hours When I Come Around came on about three times!!!!!!!!!

acctually, i think when i come around is one of the most underrated singles. i love it :happy:

AI is over played, as well as Brain Stew, BOBD, JOS, and that sucks cause I love those songs to death.

They need to play Geek Stink Breath. D: God damn KROQ and Indie. PLAY SOMETHING UNFAMILIAR OF GREEN DAY!

Hmm....I really don't know, fuck. I don't think any of them are really overrated - because their most popular songs are great songs. Hmm..I guess Good riddance.

thank you!

i cant believe some of you guys are bashing green day! :mad:

all of their songs are great!

you are entitled to your opinion but this is a place for people who like green day, you shouldnt say that their songs sound "whiny", geez. :dry:

thank you!

i cant believe some of you guys are bashing green day! :mad:

all of their songs are great!

you are entitled to your opinion but this is a place for people who like green day, you shouldnt say that their songs sound "whiny", geez. :dry:

we're not bashing them

we're just mentioning songs that we feel are overplayed and thought over too much

we're not bashing them

we're just mentioning songs that we feel are overplayed and thought over too much

I must agree with Spark in the Night. We arent bashing them. Just because we like green day doesnt mean we have to likeb every single song they wrote. But I do love BOBD and WMUWSE

acctually, i think when i come around is one of the most underrated singles. i love it :happy:

I love that song too. Next to Good Riddance (how could you hate the song?), it's my fav song ever.

Archived