Most overrated Green Day song

s.t jimmy

Maybe it's just the radio stations where I live, but I find it odd that so many people seem to feel that Wake Me Up When September Ends, and Boulevard of Broken Dreams are the most overrated/overplayed Green Day songs, because I hardly ever hear either of them on the radio, especially these past six months or so. Longview is by far the most played Green Day song on the radio here.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BOBD is overrated. how original.

I think the whole Nimrod album is underrated.

• 2 weeks later...

Like everyone has said, BOBD and WMUWSE. i like those songs but mtv and the radio would put those songs on 24/7

• 5 weeks later...

I'm not an MTV addict but I saw WMUWSE a couple of times on it...

I saw it a lot of times on mtv!!!! They sent it on mtv about more than bobd :blink:

Anyway the overrated songs from green day are surely bobd and wmuwse...but I listened on the radio and saw on mtv a lot of times also holyday.....and also basket case is a bit over rated nowadays too.

boulevard of broken dreams and wake me up when september ends. i dunno...they're not that fabulous but everyone loves them...

ive only heard BOBD once on the radio here and thats the only song of green day that i ever heard on the radio so i dunno which is the most overrated

BOBD was the first song I thought of when I read the title...it's played everywhere in stores, on the radio, on MTV all the time...sure it's better then backstreet boys(no kidding, the local radio are still playing singles from the first BSB album, I know because my sister were a major fan) but come on, give the song a brake...It's a nice song but ther are limmits...

two weeks ago I went with my mom to a mall, and we went into a store where they sell clothes for women age 35+...and as I were standing there, bored as hell, not even music, I suddenly heard: "Do you have the time, to listen to me whine!" and I was like WTF?! That song, in a place like this?! :blink::D

Boulevard of broken dream had been aired non stop on MTV and radio for the past year. It got on my nerves. I don't know why every body love this song. I also think WMUWSE is overrated.

I'll just quote this one. I agree completely. Even though the story behind WMUWSE is sad and sentimental, its been ran into the ground.

Definitely Boulevard of Broken Dreams.

Last year, I heard that song get played in almost every radio station; MTV couldn't stop playing the music video, and it was used in a lot of TV shows. It's one of my favorite songs, but it really gets nauseating if you hear it over a million times.

boulevard of broken dreams. i love the song but it was played so much i get sick of it.

It always pisses me off for some reason that WMUWSE is always the one that gets nominated for stuff like VMA's... I didn't particularly like the video and it's by far not their greatest song.

Archived