Most overrated Green Day song

s.t jimmy

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Time of your Life for me right now because school just got out for me today(finally) so the radio has students requsting it so much every time I listen to the radio(not very often) it's played at least once.

A lot of people seem to be equating 'over-rated' with 'over-exposed' - just because you get tired of listening to something on the radio doesn't make it a bad song.

I love Boulevard, September, JOS, and all the rest of American Idiot. I don't think any GD songs are overrated - some of the tracks on Warning are a little weaker, but they're still good songs.

I find threads like this really negative.

You are completely right! I guess I didn't consider that before I posted.

... Have you noticed that on a lot of the music channels they play the same videos again and again and again. When music channels get a video that they think will get big, they will play it so many times that its drilled into every ones skulls. Thats what i've got from the music channels i watch.

And to answer your questions, i would rather them be played on the radio now and again rather than played 600 times a day until people finally go out to either by the album to listen to it, or go buy it to destroy it. I've done that many times... Stupid, i know. But i do it. And helloooooooo!!! Just because they arent played on the music channels, doesnt mean no one will hear of the album. It's called trying out new stuff and THE RADIO. You know, that new invention that most people have in their cars that plays music....

I say music channels shout start to play a wider variety of videos rather than the same stuff again. Those stupid channels have killed a lot of songs for me :down: /And dont go saying ''well you should of changed channel then'', i was waiting for the next programme to start.

So yeh. Thats my reason and im sticking to it damnit. :mad:

Agreed, but that's not exactly what i was saying. I meant that towards the radio and the music channels. I agree that it gets annoying to hear the exact same songs over and over again but that doesnt make them overrated

I don't think any of them are overrated because that would mean the song was successful but wasn't very good and didn't deserve to be. Obviously some songs are better than others, but I can't think of any popular song of theirs that isn't good.

To me none of them are really overrated. The local radio stations never overplay Green Day- infact they rarely play anything by them. If you don't want to hear then don't listen to it.

BOBD for sure. I love the song though. If it hadn't been overplayed back in early 2005, I would have never heard of Green Day.

I'm gonna go w/the obvious, BOBD. It has only been recently that I can tolerate hearing it again.

bobd. is all i hear from radio stations when i listen.

BOBD, and maybe time of your life?

But for sure BOBD, although that song was the one that got me to LOVE green day.... so Im thankful...

So you know, i suck at telling the difference between over rated and over played! :P But for over rated? Basket Case, Boulevard Of Broken Dreams, Jesus Of Suburbia & ... uh... i need four... uhh... lets just stick Minority in there :P

Oohhh, but Minority has a great message.

BOBD

duh.

its a shame too, cuz its a great song, just used for its beauty and beaten with a stick :/

i dont really care whats overratted and whats under all i know is i like it so...idont no

bobd and wmuwse but i still love those songs :thumbsup::wub:

I think American Idiot is very overrated.

Don't get me wrong, it's a good song, but there were much better songs on that album. And the teenies kinda ruined it by making it pretty much the only GD song they know, and then saying that they absolutely love Green Day, and they are so hot...and other various teenie phrases. :dry:

I'm not sure if that makes any sence, but it does in my head....

WMUWSE

ughhhh that fucking video did it for me. i HATE it now.. sigh.... :/

WMUWSE... its good but its over played and made out to be better than it is

Archived