Most overrated Green Day song

s.t jimmy

Either Good Riddance (Time of Your Life) or Boulevard Of Broken Dreams because those seem to be the songs I hear everywhere I go-school, the mall, restaurants, concerts, etc.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BOBD. not because it's been played so much, i dont like it becuase i think he sounds really whiney...

the lyrics are like "oh im all by myself, waaaahhhh"

The lyrics sound more like "All By Myself" :P

But, anyways, I'd say the most overrated song is JOS. :dry: It's good work and all it seems to me like it gets more attention than I would give it. To me it's like ok, it's an okay song, not great. I also think Longview, Hitchin' a Rode and Nice Guys Finish Last. No Offence if you like them :whistling:

BOBD. not because it's been played so much, i dont like it becuase i think he sounds really whiney...

the lyrics are like "oh im all by myself, waaaahhhh"

The lyrics sound more like "All By Myself" :P

But, anyways, I'd say the most overrated song is JOS. :dry: It's good work and all it seems to me like it gets more attention than I would give it. To me it's like ok, it's an okay song, not great. I also think Longview, Hitchin' a Rode and Nice Guys Finish Last. No Offence if you like them :whistling:

i wouldnt say Longview, Hitchin' A Ride and Nice Guys Finish Last are overrated. they're hardly ever shown on TV. especially Nice Guys Finish Last, I have never seen that video on TV ever!

i think the most overrated songs are BOBD and WMUWSE. they were always on TV and radio

A lot of people seem to be equating 'over-rated' with 'over-exposed' - just because you get tired of listening to something on the radio doesn't make it a bad song.

I love Boulevard, September, JOS, and all the rest of American Idiot. I don't think any GD songs are overrated - some of the tracks on Warning are a little weaker, but they're still good songs.

I find threads like this really negative.

yea, definently BOBD, and WMUWSE, they are played wayyyy too much..

I personally think that BOBD is a great song. I do think WMUWSE though is a little overrated.

Now when WMUWSE came out, I refused to listen to it on the radio/TV because I knew it would become over-played which I didn't want it to. I didn't want it to lose it's meaning so to me it's not that over-rated.

I'd have to say Basket Case. I despise it I really do and after all this time of liking Green Day I still can't work out why people bum the song so much.

But yeah.

Interesting thread.

Hmm....I really don't know, fuck. I don't think any of them are really overrated - because their most popular songs are great songs. Hmm..I guess Good riddance.

basket case because i just cant stand that song. BOBD not because the songs been played so much i just think his voice sounds horrible and the lyrics are so whiny i want to shove prozac down his throat and tell him to stop whining. :verymad:

WMUWSE also is overrated it just i dunno just dont like that song and warning gets on my last nerve.

BOBD was played wayyyy to much. American Idiot wasn't even played as much as it was.

Hmm....I really don't know, fuck. I don't think any of them are really overrated - because their most popular songs are great songs. Hmm..I guess Good riddance.

*Gasp!* That's my favorite song ever!

I think a lot of the songs like WMUWSE and BOBD have been come to know as overrated simply because they have lost their quality and substance due to being over-played. at the moment, I can't really think of a Green Day song that would fit my definition of "over-rated".

A lot of people seem to be equating 'over-rated' with 'over-exposed' - just because you get tired of listening to something on the radio doesn't make it a bad song.

I love Boulevard, September, JOS, and all the rest of American Idiot. I don't think any GD songs are overrated - some of the tracks on Warning are a little weaker, but they're still good songs.

I find threads like this really negative.

I Totally Agree. I mean, what really is an overrated song? The way you guys are talking it's them making a new album and making it popular. So it's overrated because they're doing what they love? I think it's really pitful how people can hear it on MTV and say they love the band, but I also think it's pitful when people hear it on MTV and say it's overrated. If thats the case then all of there songs played on MTV after Kerplunk are overrated.

i gotta say BOBD and WMUWSE ..

i love those ones but it's just too much damnit.. !

:wacko:

Pretty much whateveryone else is saying, I dont get sick of the dookie songs they play all the time.

BOBD and WMUWSE :(

Though bobd is the song that got me into Green Day the first time I heard it .. ok maybe bobd isnt THE most over rated, but it's a close second behind WMUWSE..

i guess BOBD is, but it fits the definition of overplayed more than overrated.

Guest 16PaperLanterns

good riddance. dont get me wrong-it's a great song, but i can think of better ones.

Basically all the songs the radio stations/music channels can get there hands on. Bastards.

That's really dumb you know. You basically said that because they get their music played the songs are overrated. Tell me, How are they supposed to get people to listen to it then? Why should they make new albums if they can't let them be played?

I guess i'd have to say a lot of the ones that became really big after the release of Warning. Not all those songs are necessarily bad, but as far as green day goes, they've done a lot better.

Smashing Pumpkins rock!!! :)

I would say American Idiot..NOT A FAN

How many fuckin people are gonna say BOBD and WMUWSE? If you don't want to hear it turn off the damn radio

Exactly!! If you're tired of listening to it, dont listen to it. It wont KILL you to move a little and turn it off.

Archived