Defending Green Day

Fuzz

That's really a strong argument you got here !

Yep, if you dint like it, come and find me. :lol:

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

See, I'll defend Green Day when people say totally idiotic things about them. But when some fans argue with pointless statements, it hurts Green Day's rep more than helps it. Thats the problem. If all these Green Day fans who have outrage because people hate Green Day used a sensisble argument, it would make Green Day look better because they had smart, logical fans out there defending them. But when a bunch of kids go on a rampage posting pointless shit it makes people think of Green Day as a little more pathetic because of the type of people they attract.

eeeeexactly

i will admit to saying some pretty stupid things when defending/explaining why i like them, but i always catch myself. I dont try to get others to listen to green day, because i wouldnt want others to do that to me. and i find it rather hard to explain to a non-green day fan why i like green day... no offense but they just dont get it, just like i dont get their taste in music. everyone is different and likes different things... and im learning to accept that. and i do not push green day onto people, green day (along with many other bands) were pushed onto me by my friend and i hated it. her ranting on and on and on about them was enough to make me hate them. i realize how stupid it sounds, but its the truth. i refused to listen to green day for a year... until i re-discovered them on my own.

however, if someone will not get off my case about green day, me liking them, me owning more than one (ok all) cds, shirts, etc. i simply tell them to stop because its rude and annoying. i dont do that to them, and they should do that to me.

i also agree with justcause

well put. if you see someone on a comment board who bashes Green Day, so what? if they dont like Green Day, well that their loss! there is no point in trying to insult them because theyre not gonna care and theyre not gonna change their opinion. dont worry about it Green Day doesnt need them. Green Day has plenty of loyal and caring fans who appreciate their music. i dont blame people for arguing back when someone says something stupid though, you get mad and you should because you respect Green Day. i just dont cause i know it wont change their mind

Yep, if you dint like it, come and find me. :lol:

Well, considering Tyke was just being facetious for the sake of disagreeing, it's not a good thing to agree with. It was sarcasm. If you agree with that, then I'm not sure what to do with you.

Why does it matter what people think about GDA? Because we don't want GDA to become a stereotype site for a certain type of fan. A lot of older fans come to GDA because we always had the kind of image that meant something. Like, we weren't just ANOTHER Green Day site praising Green Day, we did it with some class. And i'm not saying that to toot my own horn, that was my impression of GDA before I joined it. It was the site that I always felt could be reliable and upheld by people who actually cared about Green Day and was visited by other fans as interested in the band as I. So it bugs me that some people can make GDA look bad, and that turns off some other visitors.

And I can second that. I've been coming here to GDA for a few months, found it while I was searching something I can't remember now. This is the ONLY site I go to to find something or just to find out what's happening. GDA does have some class and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only "older" fan that thinks this way !!

Keep up the great work you're all doing with this site, it really is the best GD site around, wouldn't (and don't) go anywhere else!

A.

amen brother ! ;)

i agree. it's shitty that it's the bad eggs that stick out the most.

Well, considering Tyke was just being facetious for the sake of disagreeing, it's not a good thing to agree with. It was sarcasm. If you agree with that, then I'm not sure what to do with you.

Yes, I understand it was sarcasm, but I still agree with Tyke, even if he didn't mean it. That is just my opinion, dont get your knickers in a twist if someone doesnt agree with you, practise what you preech, Andres.

I mean, why even bother to argue with those lunatics? It's a waste of energy because one can't take on all the lunatics in the world. They just want to piss us fans off. Why give them what they want?

i agree, some ppl on here call us 12-14 year olds "teenies" just cuz of our age. I think that i doesn't matter how old you are, or during what era you became a fan. I sadly became a fan after American Idiot came out....so then ppl started saying that if you became a fan after A.I. then your a poser. so for a while i felt like i was. But i do have most cds, exept 10,39/ smoothed out slappy hours which sucks.

But I did't know alot of GD songs when i was younger, so if "long view" came on the radio i had no clue who it was. But thanx to Andres for making that article....clears up alot!!

so now i know that im not a poser, but Green Day did get popluar and i started hearing about them for the first time... :ermm: (i knew that there was a band called GD, but like i said...i didn't know any songs)

but certain fans take things too hard on themselves just cuz GD got too popular, but i think A.I. was a good move so GD could get back w/ the swing of things....but its not my fault if you don't like Green Day. Cuz i think Green Day is the best Punk Rock band in history, whether ppl like it or not, too political or not, i don't give a damn, its my opinion,no one elses.

so whether you've been a fan for 1 year or 17 years, nothing matters, cuz we all care for the same band.....but if you don't like Green Day b/c they got to popular, oh well, your missing out on alot, cuz i know i have :down: . but im a fan now, if your not,i can't change your mind, but if you listen to Green Day's "American Idiot" they just might.

Give Green Day and their crazy fans a chance....something might click, but idk

I think GDA is the best fucking Gd website on the face of this earth.......

Guest steph123minority

ppl alwys do that this kid goes green day sux every time i walk past him he doesnt even know green day he just knows that i like them so he goes green day sux

ANDRES IS A FUCKING DICKHEAD WHO LICKS HIS OWN ARSE. HE SHOULDN'T GE IN CHARGE OF GDA CAUSE HE IS A FUCKING LOSER. AND HE IS A FAT SHIT WHO DOES STUPID THINGS ANS BULLIES PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM. I HOPE HE DIES

P.S I agree with Tyke and *Megan*

ANDRES IS A FUCKING DICKHEAD WHO LICKS HIS OWN ARSE. HE SHOULDN'T GE IN CHARGE OF GDA CAUSE HE IS A FUCKING LOSER. AND HE IS A FAT SHIT WHO DOES STUPID THINGS ANS BULLIES PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM. I HOPE HE DIES

how in the fuck are you gonna say that??? you have been on here for god knows how long and you've only posted 2 times......., shut the fuck up you ass hole!!! :dry:

I agree with goth punk. for god's sake he's the fuckin admin of this site and forum, give him some respect. you should be banned or something. besides you're a fuckin noob who posted only twice. look around, and think before you speak.

I just read Ultimate Guitar's article about The WHo and Green Day, that was posted on GDA. Of course these The Who lovers or "real rock" fans start talking crap about the guys. I think it's stupid. They judge Green Day too quickly, just because they are now rich and famous. They don't know anything about Green Day and make stupid statements. These people need to learn that there is a variety in rock music, or just music in general. If aggravates me when they talk trash about them, when they personally dont know shit. I'm proud of Billie, Mike and Tre and how successful they have become, and they definitely deserved it.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post...I thought this might count as defending Green Day. :pinch:

WELL SAID !!

when someone tells me "well i dont like very much Green Day music" i say "ok"....like whatever i dont care , for me they're the best

You made another account to post that didn't you, you didn't have the guts to post it with your real user name.

how in the fuck are you gonna say that??? you have been on here for god knows how long and you've only posted 2 times......., shut the fuck up you ass hole!!! :dry:

nice job goth punk :thumbsup: question for ya, if you don't like Andres, how come you're on here? i think he's brillant.

First, let me say I think the editorial is a great idea, and that this one set a good tone - there are no idiot posts in this thread.

Now, let me lay my cards on the table - I am a total fan, I love this band, I love their music. Billie Joe has been the biggest catalyst I've ever had for my creativity because he's so fucking good at what he does, because of how he looks at life, the ongoing honesty of his expression, his will and his commitment to his own standards, his artistic ambition.

You catch my drift, here?! I'm living a different life because I encountered this man's music, and if I meet anyone who slags it off, I'll have them like a fucking pit-bull - I have zero sense of humor about this! If it's a deep and emotional thing also, then I think it's understandable - like many other people here, I've been dragged out of a dark place by the honesty in those words, like a person saved from drowning. And I'm grateful and loyal.

Having said all that, I would never try to force GD on anyone else - this music wasn't forced on me, it found me or I found it, I experienced it for myself and I know it's not for everyone. I don't care about that - if people are finding what they need in some other music, well good for them, and I'll give their stuff a listen, because I'll always be open to discovering something I can like.

Old fans who are dumping them now because AI is a new direction - well, I think it's sad for them, because they're missing out on something beautiful and different, on artists taking chances and evolving, instead of sticking to what's familiar. How cool is it that this band has been going for sixteen years, and none of us has a clue as to what their next album will sound like?

As for the dissing that goes on about GD on other sites - well, if you want to annoy yourself with hurtful shit about a band you love, then you won't have any problem finding it! The hurricane of fucking lies is out there, and if you want to engage with a hurricane, then go for it, but it will blow over anyway, and it's kind of a waste of your energy.

My policy is, if someone is gonna turn up on GDC and diss the band, then yes, I will defend or debate, because this is their fucking fan site. But outside of that, they don't need me to defend them - they're the biggest rock band in the world right now, and I don't think they burst into tears everytime someone slags them off on a website - if they're even aware of it.

Not only is this guy fantastic with words but hes hit it, spot on! We shouldnt have to force someone to listen to something that they dont want to listen to, perhaps a poke in the right direction, but if they dissagree then let them bee they are entitled to their opinion!

Do you mean that if we have posted enough we have the right to insult others and wish they was dead???

Do you mean that if we have posted enough we have the right to insult others and wish they was dead???

no, not nessesaraly,(idk) he don't even know Andres and he's already insulting him!! :down:

That's a bit harsh, you dont even know the guy... unless you do.

I don't agree with you.

That's a bit harsh, you dont even know the guy... unless you do.

I don't agree with you.

i agree w/ *Megan*

let's just say that some people, like MT2, have problems, and need a life.... preferrably one where he has a better attitude

I don't have the time or energy to go to other sites to defend Green Day. If you don't like them, fine. It doesn't hurt my feelings. If someone asks me about them or wants to borrow a cd, I get all excited, maybe another convert! I just gave burned copies of Kerplunk and 39/Smooth to my friends boyfriend. He was all interested in hearing their old stuff. New fan or old it doesn't matter, you are on board and that's what counts. As for old school fans (I am one myself) not liking AI, not liking the change, get over it. People change, evolve and grow. I don't know if I would have kept listening all these years if each album that came out sounded just like Dookie. As Angeline said above, we have no clue what we are going to get when each album comes out, and to me, that is exciting.

i'm sitting here, waiting for Andres to show up here and say something interesting to MT2....

unless, of course, he already did.

Nice article, unfortunatly there is no way some people will ever accept opinions. That's WAY too much of a job, way too hard and too farfetched. :rolleyes:

Archived