Green Day imitation

Dwakra

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they were just playing themselves, noticing the RHCP logo on the back. But that's just me thinking trying to think logically.

RHCP ripped off Tom Petty

Article

And also the same song Dani California's intro rips off Blur's song "Country House".

pwned.

Your "how to be Billie Joe" is really cool :cool:

I think they were just playing themselves, noticing the RHCP logo on the back. But that's just me thinking trying to think logically.

Yes,but they DO imitated the other groups anyway!!! :huh:

RHCP ripped off Tom Petty

Article

And also the same song Dani California's intro rips off Blur's song "Country House".

pwned.

I listened to that Tom Petty song, and i think the part before the chorus in Dani California is really similar to that song, just a little faster........

Yes,but they DO imitated the other groups anyway!!! :huh:

Yes, but not in the specific part you were asking about.

Yes, but not in the specific part you were asking about.

O.K..It´s your opinion... :wacko:

Yeah..That is what I mean...

Isn't that pretty much what Anthony Kiedis wears on stage anyway?

And seeing as its at the end, aren't they just 'imitating' themselves?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlcLzw4thHg...etty%20MaryJane

Even the lyrics are similar, the chord progression and all.

Yeah, there was a radio station who analysed all that stuff, posted it in that thread about it. Have RHCP or Petty already commented on it?

O.K..It´s your opinion... :wacko:

Look, I was just trying to answer your question.

I don´t think so..But it´s only my point of view...

Yeah, there was a radio station who analysed all that stuff, posted it in that thread about it. Have RHCP or Petty already commented on it?

Look, I was just trying to answer your question.

ok...It´s alright... :)

Thats how I took it. He'e worn ties for years.

Lordi Hard Rock Hallelujah = kinda like Poison by Alice Cooper. haha totally off topic, but just saying. Not that i care too much. I notice these things easily, and i love finding the similarities.

Like in a cypress hill rap song, the start is straight from the clash 'guns of brixton' i just go crazy when i hear that something is from some other song and i can spend hours thinking 'where was that from?'

And thats why i love music.

Thats how I took it. He'e worn ties for years.

Yeah, I'm not a huge RHCP fan, but I took it that he pretty much wears that on stage most of the time. It's a good look though.

it wasn't Green Day it was them being themselves, i thought the same untill i saw the symbol on the drumkit.

There is no Green Day imitation....They show all rock eras..They don't do any imitation...Where did you see that?????

I don't think it's an imitation. Heck, I think that the 30 Seconds to Mars lead singer is trying to be more like Billie Joe. That's just me...

I don't think it's an imitation. Heck, I think that the 30 Seconds to Mars lead singer is trying to be more like Billie Joe. That's just me...

heeeeeeeeey you're right. :lol: haha

I thought the one for Nirvana was kinda lame...

How can you think that the Red Hot Chili Peppers it's imitating Green Day, when they (rhcp) have a longer career as musicicans....Trust me, they're not imitating any of the Green Day members... As I said before, what they doin that video is represent all (or most of all) of the rock styles (grunge, emo,etc)...I herad them saying it.

As that picture above proves, RHCP were into the metrosexual, slightly androgenous look before Green Day.

the video for dani california [one of my personal favorites] is just showing a lot of different styles and ways that bands play/ how they look and i dont think they were directly imitating green day, although that style DID make me think of the guys but really i dont think they did very many direct imitations [except maybe the twisted sister one and a few others]

There was no imitation. They just portrayed different eras of rock music.

I think if they were going to try to imitate green day they would of made it more obvious

Archived