Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Doctor Who

* * * * * 14 votes TV Show

• Please log in to reply
4896 replies to this topic

The Disappearing Boy

The Disappearing Boy
  • British Idiot.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,656 posts
  • Joined Jan 02, 2007
  • 3,100 rep

This series is already the best since Tennant's second, and Capaldi is the best since Eccleston. He's showing just how poor Matt Smith's Doctor was (are there honestly any sane people who don't aknolwedge that 11 was an utter clown and always the weakest of the modern Doctors?) and how gimmicky Tennant got towards the end. The gravitas, intelligence and detatchment is exactly what the greatest Doctors have all had in common, with a more subdued quirkiness but deep running, if rarely revealed compassion. There is a sense of majesty, danger and brilliance about the character again, rather than some programming hipster having an emotional break down on cocaine.

Agreed - I don't remember too much about series 2 apart from the end; series 4 was always my favourite series.

Rosie May

Rosie May
  • Positively Pessimistic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,115 posts
  • Joined Mar 30, 2007
  • 1,113 rep

do you ever get beyond the Classic Who and into New Who???

I can get as far as 8 but that's all. I'm off to try and get higher now. :ninja:

i was theorising the entire episode that the thing in the doctor's room would be himself. but alas. it was just one of moff's wanky plot devices. :(

This! After the 50th I liked to imagine it was the War Doctor, but no, it's a crack in the wall, because that's better apparently. *sigh*

• SaintJimmy13 likes this

Lady Nightlife

Lady Nightlife
  • Loving Isn't Knowing

• 11,493 posts
  • Joined Dec 29, 2012
  • 11,174 rep

I'm not going to lie, when I got to Nine I whispered "Fantastic!" to myself and cheesed for a minute. I'm not a nerd. 

Moriarty

Moriarty
  • Elton John

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts
  • Joined May 05, 2009
  • 742 rep

I'd like to sincerely apologise for any adverse effects caused by my post, including but not limited to:

1. Loss of social interaction

2. Loss of sanity

3. Addiction

4. Obsession

you are such an asshole, i've lost so much time today to this 

I'm not going to lie, when I got to Nine I whispered "Fantastic!" to myself and cheesed for a minute. I'm not a nerd. 

i just can't respect you anymore

Lady Nightlife

Lady Nightlife
  • Loving Isn't Knowing

• 11,493 posts
  • Joined Dec 29, 2012
  • 11,174 rep

I never thought I would ever scream "Fuck William Hartnell & fuck his face!" but yeah I did scream that today. Out of frustration.

SaintJimmy13

SaintJimmy13
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts
  • Joined Jun 05, 2014
  • 277 rep

you are such an asshole, i've lost so much time today to this 

I know, I didn't realise just how much damage I'd cause. Nobody's perfect and I stand accused...

In other news, I just got 9th. Just before that, I said the words "too many bloody Pertwees" and "damn, Troughton's stuck between all those Bakers".

• 3's likes this

The Disappearing Boy

The Disappearing Boy
  • British Idiot.

• 15,656 posts
  • Joined Jan 02, 2007
  • 3,100 rep

I never thought I would ever scream "Fuck William Hartnell & fuck his face!" but yeah I did scream that today. Out of frustration.

I think you need to feel ashamed.
  • Lady Nightlife likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: TV Show

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users