The Doctor

Doctor Who

i'm just beyond relieved that kris marshall didn't get it. the last thing we needed to see is the doctor flying around trying to hook people up with cheaper landline calls in a police telephone box. 

• Like 1

Do you think Bill's coming back next series? I think they left it kind of ambiguous at the end. The water girl has the ability to bring her back, and before they ran off at the end Bill said she'd come back to the Tardis. But then, she thinks the Doctor's dead because she doesn't know about regeneration yet. I hope she does come back next series. I hope they find Nardole too.

15 minutes ago, Emilie said:

Do you think Bill's coming back next series? I think they left it kind of ambiguous at the end. The water girl has the ability to bring her back, and before they ran off at the end Bill said she'd come back to the Tardis. But then, she thinks the Doctor's dead because she doesn't know about regeneration yet. I hope she does come back next series. I hope they find Nardole too.

I believe they said that Bill was only going to be around for one season. I could be wrong and she could very well come back but that's just what I read.

2 minutes ago, Liam said:

I believe they said that Bill was only going to be around for one season. I could be wrong and she could very well come back but that's just what I read.

I thought that too. But I looked it up recently (and Pearl Mackie's done a few interviews in June where people asked her) - everything either says "you'll have to wait and see" or "we're discussing Bill's future in the show" or something like that. They're avoiding the question. And i feel like if she had left the show they'd just say so. They want to build up some kind of suspense. And I think if Bill wasn't coming back, then building up suspense for something that isn't going to happen is just disappointing. idk if they'd do that. Like, if you make viewers doubt Bill's coming back and then she shows up in episode 1, that's a cool surprise. But if you make viewers believe she might return and then there's just nothing...that's just dumb :lol: It's pointless

• Like 1

On 7/17/2017 at 5:17 AM, Emilie said:

I thought that too. But I looked it up recently (and Pearl Mackie's done a few interviews in June where people asked her) - everything either says "you'll have to wait and see" or "we're discussing Bill's future in the show" or something like that. They're avoiding the question. And i feel like if she had left the show they'd just say so. They want to build up some kind of suspense. And I think if Bill wasn't coming back, then building up suspense for something that isn't going to happen is just disappointing. idk if they'd do that. Like, if you make viewers doubt Bill's coming back and then she shows up in episode 1, that's a cool surprise. But if you make viewers believe she might return and then there's just nothing...that's just dumb :lol: It's pointless

i'm on ep 6 of the season (just started to watch the reboot of Dr Who) and for a few eps Bill annoyed me for some reason. 

Damn.  On Demand removed the current season and we weren't done.  :(

Just now, lizziebix said:

Damn.  On Demand removed the current season and we weren't done.  :(

they might have it on the SciFi channel in the US though. 

1 minute ago, Demon!Dean said:

they might have it on the SciFi channel in the US though. 

Good idea.  I'll check.  Possibly BBC America too.  Just thought of that.

Thanks, Jess.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lizziebix said:

Good idea.  I'll check.  Possibly BBC America too.  Just thought of that.

Thanks, Jess.

also putlocker online has it. 

On 17/07/2017 at 7:09 PM, Liam said:

You were right :( she is coming back for Christmas but confirmed last month that she's leaving after that 

I got really sick of doctor who during the last series with Clara mainly for that reason. She just annoyed me so much. I'm going to miss Bill so much she was such an interesting character. Cannot wait for Christmas and what the new doctor will offer.

I am actually gonna give the new series a go as Bradley Walsh is ~apparently the new companion, and he's wonderful. I don't really enjoy Dr Who as a whole anymore but the humour he could bring might make it bearable for me 

On 29/08/2017 at 8:35 AM, emmericanidiot said:

I am actually gonna give the new series a go as Bradley Walsh is ~apparently the new companion, and he's wonderful. I don't really enjoy Dr Who as a whole anymore but the humour he could bring might make it bearable for me 

:o Bradley Walsh would be an awesome companion. Where'd that rumour come from?

Oh god. Bradley Walsh is great as presenter of the Chase, but as companion?! I'm not sure about that.

7 hours ago, Emilie said:

:o Bradley Walsh would be an awesome companion. Where'd that rumour come from?

It was all over twitter not too long ago, there's a few articles about it floating around like here

He's very funny and is originally an actor not presenter so it could work really well, it'd be a nice change to have a slightly older male assistant 

• Like 1

While it would be nice to have a male companion, I'd prefer the companion to be the same gender as the doctor. 

• Love 1

Bradley Walsh is the presenter of The Chase, not the Doctor's assistant. I just can't see him doing any serious acting.

I can’t see Bradley Walsh as the doctor’s companion. Actually, I can’t see any male actor as the companion. I don’t know why they’d feel as if they’d need to change the dynamics. It worries me that a male companion would overshadow the new doctor. Why not keep the doctor’s companion female? Bring on a little girl or even a little boy, that’s fine. If Moffat and chinball really want to go with what they’ve been stating then a male companion isn’t the best idea. I’d love to see more of bill but sadly Pearl stated she’s not coming back. :cry:

happy Doctor Who day everyone!

I got hit with some DW nostalgia tonight and watched a bit of season 9 (season 10 isn't yet out on Prime :dry:) The re-watch kind of reconfirmed to me that DW has been hitting the skids for awhile now... and to me, the whole female Doctor thing is just... blecchhh. Such an obvious move to try to appeal to the PC crowd when it's completely unneeded. If they come up with a male companion or a lesbian female companion (more likely imo) it'll really just confirm to me that they're more interested in creating ~sexual tension~ than they are in creating interesting, well-written stories. 

I think Peter Capaldi is the last Doctor I'll ever watch, and that's pretty much only because I have so much respect for him as an actor and as an individual. Frankly, I'm disappointed that his immense talent was wasted on the terrible writing Who has had for the past few years.