Green Day Record Sales

dryice923

i was wondering if anyone knew /exactly/ how many copies each of green day's ablums have sold. or at least roughtly. 1039SOSH, warning, and internat. suphits were all gold, kerplunk was platinum, insomniac and nimrod both 2x platinum, AI 3x, and of coures dookie the big 'un at 10mil/diamond. well, there is an awful lot of possibles numbers between these different landmarks, and was curious how they're doing. and does anyone know how much shananigans sold? :blink: i know it was <500,000 (not even gold)

oh, and i do know that 1039SOSH is around 900,000, but thats about it.

well i think the ai album has topped dookie i think i heard bj sayin in an australian interview in sydney in december of last year

AI's at about 11 million worldwide, or so I read. Dookie's on about 15 million worldwide.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know exactly how much copies of American Idiot have been sold worldwide, and has it sold more than Dookie?

i think worldwide its almost as much as dookie. dookie sold 10 million us, 12 million worldwide, AI sold 4 million US, 10 million world wide..i think.

Guest jesus of suburbia25

On wikipedia, it says that dookie sold more then 15 million copies worldwide. And it says American Idiot more than 10 million copies.

It's hard to say how many copies of each CD's that's been sold. You got to remember that after AI all the other CD's got a new selling boost. Green Day achieved millions of new fans after AI and a lot of them probably bought the older CD's after loving AI, and all of their CD's probably still sells a couple of thousand of copies each week worldwide.

Maybe American Idiot topped Dookie if you look at how much they both sold in the first year they came out.

Woohoo! My 200th post. I'm a Warning now!

I know here in the states AI is 5x platinum. You've got to think with that, their other records have sold a bit more, especially Dookie. So it's hard to say.

i was wondering if anyone knew /exactly/ how many copies each of green day's ablums have sold. or at least roughtly. 1039SOSH, warning, and internat. suphits were all gold, kerplunk was platinum, insomniac and nimrod both 2x platinum, AI 3x, and of coures dookie the big 'un at 10mil/diamond. well, there is an awful lot of possibles numbers between these different landmarks, and was curious how they're doing. and does anyone know how much shananigans sold? :blink: i know it was <500,000 (not even gold)

oh, and i do know that 1039SOSH is around 900,000, but thats about it.

Try wikipedia, also, warning and international superhits have both gone platinum

1039: 55 000 in the U.S. not sure about worldwide

Kerplunk: Platinum worldwide

Dookie: 1 diamond (10x platinum)

Insomniac: 1.9 million in the U.S. not sure about worldwide

Nimrod: 1.9 million in the U.S. not sure about worldwide

Warning: Platinum in the U.S. not sure about worldwide

IS: 1.2 platinum in the U.S. not sure about worldwide

Shenanigans: 183 000 worldwide

AI: 5.4 million but not certified 5x platinum...in the U.S. not sure about worldwide

It all depends on where you get your information from really. As you can tell already there are hundreds of different figures going around everywhere.

AI - around 12.3 million worldwide

mediatraffic.de AI (in alltime chart) 12.17 million - they count only the sales as long as an album stays in the top 40 worldwide

Archived