What do u feel while u are listening a Green Day song?

_She*_

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it makes me feel like i am not the only one who feels like this.the things they say really help me through allot.i like to turn it up full blast and just lay there and listen to the lyrics.and i'm just thinking damn these guys are fucking geniuses.the first time i listened to american idiot from the first song to the last i cried.i dont know i cant even describe it and i know that sounds cheesy but for some reason when i listened to ai thats what came out.it just gives me this inspiring hopefull feeling.

after ive listened to the records over and over, i just kind of start to notice little things like how the drum beat goes or the bass line.....sometimes just how billie's voice sounds........his voice makes me shiver its so good.....

Like someone's saying something important and intense to me, and it gets my undivided attention. Sometimes the emotion in the song feeds into me, and I'm just feeling what Billie Joe is putting across; other times, my own feelings connect with something in the song - Insomniac is an entirely different album for me if I'm angry, likewise Take Back just springs to life in three dimensions if I feel that way.

I always find it odd that people use Good Riddance for happy occasions in their lives, because it unfailingly breaks my heart - it's hard for me to listen to, but then I suppose a song is heard a million different ways by people, I just hear the emotion behind the words.

some of the songs bring me back to a time and it makes me feel sad...about how time passes by..its sad when u think about it :( anyone every felt that way?

It makes me what to sing, sing my fucking heart out! But our house has thin walls so that is often not a very good thing cause contary to popular belief...i can't really sing but it sure as hell don't stop me. I don't give a shit what other people think. But seriously you can here our phone ring when you are standing in the street but strangly not on the other side of the house.

It depends what song and mood i'm in.

Sad songs can either make Sad, Happy, Teary, Motivational.

Happy songs normally make me Sing, Drum the beat on something, Happy, Joyous, and sometimes the tune exists in my head for the rest of the day.

Macy's Day Parade make's me Happy, though. :blush:

It depends..... there are so many different emotions to feel with gd's music.... happiness.... sadnesss....

WMUWSE makes my really sad. depends on the song

i love em all anyway

love :wub: ...no, just kidding..or minimally sometimes:)

well, i feel...umm...i think bout the lyrics, yea, thats it:)

Sometimes it's just a noise that comes from the backround.

It can be a happy tune which i sing and dance to.

It definetly can make me think. I can just lay down on the floor, close my eyes and enjoy and think that they are geniuses, some other days i can listen to those same songs and feel nothing.

This was my.. honest answer.

Wow. I feel the exact same way!

I feel like i belong............... man, that sounds so cheesy

Well it really depends on the song i am listening to. like, if i'm listening to something like Reject or Take Back or The Grouch, it will make me reallllyyy pissed off, but if i'm listening to something like Redundant or 1,000 Hours or Dry Ice, then i will feel in love haha if you know what i mean. if i'm listening to something like Nice Guys Finish Last i will get in a good mood & hyper. but if i'm listening to Give Me Novocaine or J.O.S. then i will get really said. so there you have it, the many feelings of me :thumbsup:

Guest Quietus

Whether I feel happy, sad, or angry, I always feel in control when I listen to them - even if I'm in a rage and screaming along to Take Back or something.

depend which song.

when i listen to wmuwse i obviously feel sad.

but they always give me a feeling of comfort and 'homeliness'.

yeah i can't describe it really..

depends on a song, but in general there's always that strange feeling it's something that's always there for you... like it's for a moment and it's gonna last forever. i sometimes catch myself smiling like a nut while listening to some song and i know that's stupid, but it just feels like the most familiar thing in the world

in other case, you know that feeling that you're on top of the world and no one can touch you? well like that...

I usually fell like I wanna kick somebodys ass...

I usually feel this sound coming from my cd player that then goes into my ear and sometimes i feel my desk vibrate because its so loud

well for some reason when i am listening to AI(album) i tend to think about my future alot and what i'm going to do with my life its weird.

also its really hard for me to listen to 'when i come around' cos it reminds me alot of this one guy i really loved and how the worst thing i ever did is what i did taht hurt him. :/

alot of 1039 really makes me cry too.

i feel motivated. i don't know what I'm motiviated to do. just motivated.

Hearing Billie Joe's voice comin out of the speakers when I get off work, is like hearing the voice of someone you love that you haven't talked to in awhile. It just soothes me.

I can never just restart AI after hearing it all the way through either, its like a movie. By the time you get through Whatsername you just want a few minutes of quiet to sit back and think about what you just heard. I have listened to all of it under all situations, happy, mad, depressed, rowdy, whatever it always seems to work w/my mood at the time.

relaxed. pretty much a get away for me. when im having bad day..i can listen to 'em and everything seems better.

anything thats a live recording from the AI concerts and a few others that i have...now those are the best. brings me back to the concerst. :)

they make me wanna dance all the time.

seriously, and they give me goosebumps.

they're just amazing to listen to.

Archived