If you could direct the video for any one of Green Day's songs

akirajlo

If you had the chance to direct the next Green Day video or redo one of their videos, how would you do it? I think if you listen to the song I chose then read my idea, you can pretty much imagine how I thought it should look like.

Let's see how creative you guys could be, who knows, you might have the skills to be a director some day....

"Whatshername"

Directed by: Lizzy

Billie is walking down the street for a little bit then it shows him driving cuz he's looking for his gf. He finds her cheating on him with some other guy. Billie pulls over and the two men get in a fight. He confronts his gf and they start arguing. Engraged, Billie drives off in his car and reflects back on the good and bad times he and his gf had. There are a few scenes with Green Day playing in the band all together (think of when sept ends) but their performing in someone's garage (no audience). Billie goes to his Gf's house and starts trashing her place, and while he does that, a lighter falls on the ground. Billie sees it, picks it up and sets her place on fire. Suddenly the garage that GD is playing in, starts getting on fire (Because The garage they're in is the gf's garage) but they don't stop and keep on playing while the place is being engulfed with flames. Outside the house, you see Billie running outside then he stops to look back at the fire he created. Neighbors run outside, fire truck sirens are heard then arrive at the scene. Billie's gf is comming home and realizes what's going on, she starts crying and sees a rose on the cement, that billie left, she picks it up and is in disbelief. After she takes it, Billie turns around, walks away, gets in his car, and drives off....

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't answer your question cause I'm loving your sig right now :wub:

Guest Phoebe.

I'd do American Idiot, The band would all go at different speeds in front of a big green American flag that melts.

Hahaha, actually scrap that, it'd be shit.

I like your idea! I can't think of anything great right now. Maybe looking at my Billie Joe posters will inspire me.... (that's my excuse for lookin at them anyway) :wub:

I'm actually a film maker right now and i've already done a music video for "Give me novacaine" and got to show it at a film festival. I've actually had that idea for whatsername for a while, but i'm not really shure if i'll be able to set a place on fire yet or obviously have GD in the video lol. Maybe i'll use some look alikes? Well if I end up making it, i'll let you guys know and i'll put it on here somehow :)

Were you Fan of the Week a little while ago...?

I will get back to you with an answer on the video. :happy: But I love your idea. I can really picture them playing in amongst the flames...cool!

Hey thanks for all the great feedback guys! Ya I was fan of the week a lil while ago :D

i think i would do whatsername...but i dont know what would happen :happy:

I'd do American Idiot, The band would all go at different speeds in front of a big green American flag that melts.

Hahaha, actually scrap that, it'd be shit.

Ya your right ahaha

I would do Misery...and it would have to do something with the mafia....if it's with Green Day ...it'll have to be something funny, like old green day stuff.

I'd make a Holiday video made from clips off Fahrnhiet 9/11.

I've also always had an idea for Sassafras Roots.

I wanna write and direct an American Idiot movie which is simply the songs with little dialouge like in the JOS video.. I have the entrie thing in mind, maybe I'll type it out sometime.

Yeah nice idea and everything but why is it just Billie whos the big hero in your Whatsername video?

We've had this cos I remember explaining what I'd do for Letterbomb. It was pretty cool...but now I don't remember it :(

I'd make a Holiday video made from clips off Fahrnhiet 9/11.

I've also always had an idea for Sassafras Roots.

I wanna write and direct an American Idiot movie which is simply the songs with little dialouge like in the JOS video.. I have the entrie thing in mind, maybe I'll type it out sometime.

My husband and I have this old home video footage of us sittin on the couch getting high, smokin cigs, and talking. (We were in high school at the time). We had been w/friends earlier taping goofy stuff and when they left we forgot to turn off the camcorder it was sitting on the coffeetable recording. My husband always joked that we should have put the song Sassafrass Roots to it. It was the perfect theme song to our last year of high school.

Yeah nice idea and everything but why is it just Billie whos the big hero in your Whatsername video?

It could easily be someone else, but have you got a better idea then? i didn't think so...

^I don't like her idea for the Whatsername video...:\

who mine?

who mine?

yeah yours...it wouldn't betoo suckie if you put somebody else as the main character...not Billie

yeah yours...it wouldn't betoo suckie if you put somebody else as the main character...not Billie

haha billies just my fav, but now that i think of it... ur prolly right, the other guys woud get mad that billie would be the one doing most of the video anyway...

I think I'd do Android... I love that song.

I havn't really thought about it, but whatever. Here goes, I'll just make it up as I go along lol:

It would definetely have to be animated, becasue I looove animated music videos. Amateurly drawn and messy, but still clear. Black and white too!

First thing first, a close up of a high heel, or women's shoe of some sort, but this would be a photograph or something not animated. Then, zoom out, and it would be inside the dreamcloud of a little sleeping boy. He wakes up and starts to get ready for school and stuff, but the shoe is still floating around his head, along with other miscellaneous things- only these things are in colour. As the lyrics go, those things pop into his head, and they're the coloured objects you see. eg. During the line "The way I carry on I'll end up six feet underground" There'd be an image of a casket, or funeral scene or something.

The boy enters school, and sits down. The teacher is gold-"When the old man was in school, did the golden rule make him go crazy". As the teacher is talking, the thoughts/objects/whatevers around his head spin faster and faster and explode. Then after the "explosion" you see the same boy- surprise surprise, smoking a joint. "Behind a smile and smoking dope It's crazy"

For the part that's like "It seems so frightening, time passes by like lightening." There's a clock, with lightening bolts for hands spinning around and around, the camera zooms out again, and the clock explodes, then the zooming out continues until you see Green Day Playing the song. They're living and real, but their instruments are the black-and-white animated sketches.

That was fuuun. If I wasn't too lazy/poor, I'd probably go to film school or somthing like that... but whatever.

HOW CUTE! nice vision for a retro gd song like that :thumbsup:

I would do Words I Might Have Ate:

So it starts with a guy(an actor) walking. It is in the evening, and the sun is going down. Everything kind of has an orangy-ish tint. )everything when he is running is supposed to be the present and has an "orangyish" tint) He looks kind of paranoid and walks faster and faster until he is sprinting. It fades into a girl and him and they are laughing and enjoying each others company(whenever it fades into a flashback it is in black and white.)(as "my brain drifts back to better days weve been through" plays) They are sitting on a vast blacktop(like sitting on blacktops of the schoolground), and there is a large crowd, moving in fast motion, all around them, but the guy and the girl are moving in regular speed. And then it snaps back to the guy running, and it looks like he is terrified. Then it fades back again to the same guy but he is with another girl. He is making out with some other girl, and the girl from before catches them. as soon as she sees them she walks away. they guy goes after her and when she catches her she is crying and shaking her head. it is visible that she is breaking up with him.(as "a sweet young girl who sacrificed her love" plays) then she fades out and the boy is sprinting and is completely dark now. He turns a corner and it fades out (remember that when it fades out it is in black and white) to him sitting in his room on his bed looking miserable. He is staring at a picture of him and the girl. Jumps up and starts walking down the stairs. He exits his house, and is walking. He starts walking faster and faster(just like the begining.) He stats sprinting and it turns back to the orangy-ish color.He turns the same corner again only to find the girl with her arms wrapped around some other guy. They are very happy, and the girl sees the guy. She looks at him with a kind of pity, but hate at the same time. (as "theres nothing i can do but take the pain" plays for the last time in thse song.) the guys turns around and starts walking again back to his house. The song ends.

:/ thats all i can think of

Archived