Songwriting Honors for Green Day & Annie Lennox

Parley

The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers will honour ANNIE LENNOX and GREEN DAY at the 23rd annual Pop Awards in Beverly Hills, California, on 22 May (06). Lennox will receive the Founders Award and Green Day will be honoured with the ASCAP Creative Voice Award. The Founder Award honours pioneering songwriters who have made exceptional contributions to music, inspiring and influencing other musicians. Past recipients include NEIL YOUNG, PAUL MCCARTNEY and TOM WAITS. Green Day's Creative Voice Award is given to artists whose career achievements are matched by their contributions to their community. President MARILYN BERGMAN says, "Annie Lennox is one of the finest musical voices of our time - unlike any other, uncompromising and unpredictable. "Both as singers and songwriters, Green Day are one of the most musically ambitious, innovative groups, as relevant today as when they emerged on the scene as new artists."

04/05/2006 21:08 contactmusic.com

wow, thats really something

will this be televised?

There was an error page while you were making the thread, I think it messed the other one up.

There was an error page while you were making the thread, I think it messed the other one up.

I think you're right. I don't know why the title even went through. :blink:

I think I vaguely remember hearing something about this.

It's great, and well deserved for all concerned.

I love Annie Lennox, she's great live.

awh its nice when they get recognised for being absolutley amazing. :)

wow, thats really something

will this be televised?

That'd be cool if it was.

Great news by the way

Awesome. Both Annie Lennox and Green Day deserve it.

Usually awards like this are never televised. Thats too much money for a couple awards. TV stations need to make money off em.

thanks for posting this Parley. I'll put this in tomorrows news.

You're most welcome. :)

Usually awards like this are never televised. Thats too much money for a couple awards. TV stations need to make money off em.

"Awards like this" meaning awards that are actually deserved, as opposed to ones that are mostly based on how popular the "artist" is? Yeah, it won't be televised, but there will most likely be some sort of coverage we can get our hands on.

Finally!!

That fucking gives me hope for the world - that they are as relevant today as when they first emerged is a tribute to Billie's ever-questioning mind, and fairly rare among artists, who tend to get hung up on one thing and one era of their lives.

He, on the other hand, 'lives every waking moment as a means to an end'.

Hey, maybe there is a god after all - oh yeah, there is, it's him!

And on my birthday - party down, little dude, many more accolades to come, I'm sure! :wub:

And on my birthday -

I'm curious to see what your age is going to read once the 22nd roles around; you think it'll stay 99? Or will we have to deal with some sort of Y2K disaster? And anyway, what are you doing here? You should be reading my pm. Now I have to go watch Conan and you won't get to hear about my dreams. //spam

What am I doing here? Being very, very happy - is that not obvious?

Ah, my birthday - I dunno, if something apocalyptic happens, I can't be answerable, as I'll probably be knee-deep in tequila at the time, and no doubt toasting the little dude for as long as I'm standing!

Wake me up when the apocalypse ends, yeah?

And I've sent you loads of things - I've got pms that didn't send saved in my pm box, I'll cannibalize them and send the good bits on.

Conan - what's he got that me and BJFA combined haven't ? :)

The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers will honour ANNIE LENNOX and GREEN DAY at the 23rd annual Pop Awards in Beverly Hills, California, on 22 May (06). Lennox will receive the Founders Award and Green Day will be honoured with the ASCAP Creative Voice Award. The Founder Award honours pioneering songwriters who have made exceptional contributions to music, inspiring and influencing other musicians. Past recipients include NEIL YOUNG, PAUL MCCARTNEY and TOM WAITS. Green Day's Creative Voice Award is given to artists whose career achievements are matched by their contributions to their community. President MARILYN BERGMAN says, "Annie Lennox is one of the finest musical voices of our time - unlike any other, uncompromising and unpredictable. "Both as singers and songwriters, Green Day are one of the most musically ambitious, innovative groups, as relevant today as when they emerged on the scene as new artists."

04/05/2006 21:08 contactmusic.com

Marilyn Bergman, if I'm not mistaken, is the person responsible for the cheesy lyrics in 'Yentl' - either that, or her husband perpetrated them. Well, at least she knows quality when she sees it!

Archived