Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Rancid

• Please log in to reply
1164 replies to this topic

desecrator09

desecrator09
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  • Joined Sep 13, 2012
  • 156 rep
So what is your guys personal favorite album from them? For me, this changes like every week since all of them are amazing but right I'm going to day it's Life Won't Wait.

Cob

Cob
  • Dominated Love Slave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,889 posts
  • Joined Oct 05, 2012
  • 2,526 rep

...And Out Come The Wolves. That's the album that got me into Rancid and I still love it. 

desecrator09

desecrator09
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  • Joined Sep 13, 2012
  • 156 rep

...And Out Come The Wolves. That's the album that got me into Rancid and I still love it. 

Good choice, I mean every song on that album is great. All killer no filler like all of their albums. Their newest album is coming out soon according to their Facebook page, can't fucking wait!

Radio Victim

Radio Victim
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • Joined Oct 23, 2012
  • 245 rep

So what is your guys personal favorite album from them? For me, this changes like every week since all of them are amazing but right I'm going to day it's Life Won't Wait.

I still haven't listened to all of them but I've listened to Self-Titled, Let's Go, ...And Out Come The Wolves, and Let The Dominoes Fall and I'd have to say ...And Out Come The Wolves but Let's Go comes REALLY close. Let The Dominoes Fall is also very underrated to me it would have to be my 3rd favorite so far.

Hedwig

Hedwig
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,111 posts
  • Joined Mar 02, 2011
  • 710 rep

^I'd agree with Wolves being the best, it's great in away no other album can ever be. Let's Go would be my second favorite.

InvaderPhantom

InvaderPhantom
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts
  • Joined May 14, 2011
  • 414 rep

...And Out Come the Wolves is a masterpiece. I just can't believe how good that album is. Usually straight punk albums like these get repetitive, but even though there are 19 songs on this album, every song is a hit. I can't find any other album that has 50 minutes of punk songs on it that are all this great. I love getting out and skating to them.

Kinda sad that they've never done another album as great as this one. The one that gets closest to it is maybe Let's Go.

desecrator09

desecrator09
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  • Joined Sep 13, 2012
  • 156 rep

...And Out Come the Wolves is a masterpiece. I just can't believe how good that album is. Usually straight punk albums like these get repetitive, but even though there are 19 songs on this album, every song is a hit. I can't find any other album that has 50 minutes of punk songs on it that are all this great. I love getting out and skating to them.

Kinda sad that they've never done another album as great as this one. The one that gets closest to it is maybe Let's Go.

I think Life Won't Wait is just as good as that one although it's a little different.

Hedwig

Hedwig
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,111 posts
  • Joined Mar 02, 2011
  • 710 rep

I agree with every word here.

Insomniac85

Insomniac85
  • Little One

• PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Joined May 28, 2013
  • 24 rep

Rancid is definitely one of my favorite bands. my favorite album  is ...And Out Come The Wolves, with Life Won't Wait being a close second.

Minigun

Minigun
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,390 posts
  • Joined Nov 04, 2011
  • 973 rep

My favorite album is definitely Let's Go, followed closely by their self-titled debut. The Lookout! Records 7" they did was also very good too!

desecrator09

desecrator09
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  • Joined Sep 13, 2012
  • 156 rep

My favorite album is definitely Let's Go, followed closely by their self-titled debut. The Lookout! Records 7" they did was also very good too!

And Out Come the Wolves, Lets Go and Life Won't wait are pretty much all flawless in my opinion. They never run out of steam and every song seems to have its own distinct sound.

desertrose

desertrose
  • Best Thing In Town

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,165 posts
  • Joined Mar 11, 2011
  • 9,582 rep

We wrote "RADIO" with our old friend Billie Joe 20 years ago in 1993. I got to see Green Day play recently at Fox Theater in Pomona. Amazing show! They killed it! Here's an acoustic take of "Radio" with The Interrupters backing.

desecrator09

desecrator09
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  • Joined Sep 13, 2012
  • 156 rep
While AOCTW is a great album, Life Won't Wait is currently my favorite from them. Every song is great, sounds distinct and there's fucking 22 of them! They need to announce something about their new album fast!

Tman684

Tman684
  • Sweet and Sour Children

• 10,076 posts
  • Joined Mar 07, 2012
  • 4,429 rep

I can't get into Life Won't Wait...there's too wide a range of themes and experimentation, Bloodclot is the only song I really like, Hoover Street is okay at first, but then it gets kinda weird. 

And Out Come the Wolves, Let's Go, Indestructible, and Radio Radio Radio EP are my top 4 albums

desecrator09

desecrator09
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  • Joined Sep 13, 2012
  • 156 rep

I can't get into Life Won't Wait...there's too wide a range of themes and experimentation, Bloodclot is the only song I really like, Hoover Street is okay at first, but then it gets kinda weird. 

And Out Come the Wolves, Let's Go, Indestructible, and Radio Radio Radio EP are my top 4 albums

It took me a little while as well but it grew on me after I started loving the experimental parts.

Advertising

Minigun

Minigun
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,390 posts
  • Joined Nov 04, 2011
  • 973 rep

I agree with the LWW thing. But the first Rancid record and their self-titled debut EP were great too! 

-~VivaLaJunkpile~-

-~VivaLaJunkpile~-
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts
  • Joined Sep 12, 2012
  • 284 rep

I love this fucking band 

Tman684

Tman684

• 10,076 posts
  • Joined Mar 07, 2012
  • 4,429 rep

Hey guys! Like my Downfall FB page! It's the only one there is! Let's try to get some more recognition for the 'not Operation Ivy anymore, but nor Rancid yet' band!

www.facebook.com/downfall1989

Afflejack

Afflejack
  • Little One

• PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Joined Sep 12, 2009
  • 56 rep

I'm having a bit of post concert depression at the moment (for the millionth time ahh) from back on June 11th when I saw Rancid with Transplants so I decided to look for this thread and I'm really glad I found that it existed. Not sure why I thought it wouldn't but idk it's like 3am lol.

But really, that show has been, by far, my best concert experience so far for me. Barrier spot right in front of Matt. Got kicked a few times, and it was totally worth it.  ;) I miss it so muchhh. I have a constant feeling of "take me back."

I'm just forever thankful that I got to see them live at least once in their existence. And that I bought a shirt giving me my first Rancid shirt as well ah ah ahhhh.  I hope to see them again sometime.

KilljoyFromDetroit

KilljoyFromDetroit
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts
  • Joined Jul 06, 2011
  • 319 rep

…And Out Come the Wolves and Indestructible have to be my favorites

Tman684

Tman684

• 10,076 posts
  • Joined Mar 07, 2012
  • 4,429 rep
It's a shame this thread doesn't get more posts. I like GDC cause I learn new things about Green Day, even when I'm already a Green Day mega fan. But being an amateur Rancid fan, It'd be great to learn more from hard core mega Rancid fans

desecrator09

desecrator09
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  • Joined Sep 13, 2012
  • 156 rep
I just want to know when their new album is coming out.

KilljoyFromDetroit

KilljoyFromDetroit
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts
  • Joined Jul 06, 2011
  • 319 rep

It's a shame this thread doesn't get more posts. I like GDC cause I learn new things about Green Day, even when I'm already a Green Day mega fan. But being an amateur Rancid fan, It'd be great to learn more from hard core mega Rancid fans

All I gotta say is once youve figured out that Matt Freeman is the punk bass god… you're on the right foot

disappearing_boy_39

disappearing_boy_39
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Joined May 10, 2009
  • 29 rep

I got ...And Out Come The Wolves CD in 1995 and have been hooked since.

I saw them live at CBGBs right after they filmed the Red Hot Moon music video (I wasn't at the video shoot). My friend worked there at the time and got me into the show! After the performance, I met Matt and Lars. Matt kinda brushed me off, he was walking to the subway, but Lars was really cool and signed my poster & exchanged a few words.

desertrose

desertrose
  • Best Thing In Town

• 8,165 posts
  • Joined Mar 11, 2011
  • 9,582 rep
Rancid to release “Honor Is All We Know” in June?

Amazon.com and several other sources are listing June 10th, 2014 as the release date for Rancid‘s long-awaited new album Honor Is All We Know. No further more information about this is currently available, but we’ll keep you posted as more details on Honor Is All We Know come to light.

Honor Is All We Know will be Rancid’s first studio album since 2009′s Let the Dominoes Fall, and was produced by Bad Religion guitarist and Epitaph founder Brett Gurewitz. The band recently shot a video for an as-yet-untitled new song.

http://dyingscene.co...e-know-in-june/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users