True Green Day fans wouldn't get annoyed by their over-played songs, right?

Silent-Rebel

i dont hate any of their songs..i love them all, some more, some less, you know:)

but anyway, i hate this "true gd fan", it sucks....

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't hate the songs that get played too much, i hate whoever is playing it too much. :)

Haha. Yep. Me too.

But I don't listen to the radio a lot and it's not like they ever play Green Day here... I have NEVER heard Boulevard of Broken Dreams on the radio for instance. I've heard Holiday once and one time when I was in JC Penny's they played WMUWSE

In Germany Green Day isn't overplayed on the radio... :huh:

But I do this by myself... :D hehe I can't get enough of them...okay there are some days I can't listen to GD but the day after...you know :eyebrows:

It's just the songs become so redundant (no pun intended), and predictable, you can hear it in your head perfectly, and you get that "Not this again" feeling in your stomache.

However, after about a week or so of not listening to that perticuler song (I'm not speaking of one certain song), I'm about ready to listen to it again.

me too...plus i just turn off the radio. get my iPod and listen to what i feel like whether the song is overplayed or not they dont annoy me, but i could live with some changes in some radio stations

i dont hate the songs that are overplayed!! i hate the fact that their overplayed!! and it annoys me!!

boulevard of broken dreams used to be overplayed. i love that song, but i would constantly get annoyed hearing it over and over and over again...

now i dont hear it anymore so now i can listen to it with no problem :D

Well, I don't hate the overplayed songs, but they did got a bit... boring.

BOBD, for example. A really great song that got ruined by overplaying.

But I still like to sing along everytime I hear it.

So, I still like the overplayed songs, but I think that the overplaying just ruined them.

What the fuck is a true fan? What's the difference between a true fan and any other fan? It's all bullshit made up by these idiots because they feel they're better than people who didn't like GD before AI. I don't give a fuck if they're true fans or not, they're still fucking dickheads.

Okay. I do get annoyed by ANY (thats the keyword) over-played songs. Its not just Green Day. And just becuase you get annoyed by a song dosent mean you hate it. So, for example, When WMUWSE came out, there was this Radio Station in my area played it every hour 5 times, everyday for like 2months. I got tired of it, maybe a little angry, but now the almost never play it so I am happy when it comes on.

So you can still be a "true Fan" (whatever that is.) If you get annoyed by a song.

i dont hate the songs that are overplayed!! i hate the fact that their overplayed!! and it annoys me!!

boulevard of broken dreams used to be overplayed. i love that song, but i would constantly get annoyed hearing it over and over and over again...

now i dont hear it anymore so now i can listen to it with no problem :D

same here.

Yup, i did.

Oh, I'm sorry :( I thought you meant the band who is playing the songs! Me so sorrrrrry!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay. Iread some posts from this and a lot of people are saying the words "true fan" shouldn't be used, and I agree. What I meant by the words "true fan", was just a Green Day fan, nothing special.

I used "true fan",because people who say they like Green Day but only like two of their songs wouldn't be considered a fan, right?

So, I'm sorry if you guys get offended by those words, but I mean nothing by it :/ ....just a Green Day fan...that simple.

that's like asking someone who loves pizza if they'd get sick of it after eating it for a week. you can't love something 24-7 for the rest of your life. you have to take breaks.

stop making ridiculous generalizations. the term "true fans" has no inherent meaning. your definition of "true fans" isn't the universally accepted definition. in fact, no ones is.

I HATE overplayed songs. Like really hate them. Therefor, I don't listen to the radio. Even so, when someone asks me to listen to Wake me up on iTunes or something I get annoyed because I know it's out there being overplayed. But like, I can still listen to American Idiot and those previously overtplayed songs.

I don't really know how my mind works.

I HATE overplayed songs. Like really hate them. Therefor, I don't listen to the radio. Even so, when someone asks me to listen to Wake me up on iTunes or something I get annoyed because I know it's out there being overplayed. But like, I can still listen to American Idiot and those previously overtplayed songs.

I don't really know how my mind works.

that's how i feel too but i still listen to the radio.... they've been playing longview and good riddance a lot now... on occasion: basket case

well.

that's true and it's also false.

like if a "true fan" starts HATING them because their music is being played too much, then they're obviously NOT a true fan.

but if they tend to get a little annoyed by hearing the same song 50 times a day, then that's fine.

i found out that eventually an overplayed song obviously won't be played as much, and that i start to like that song all over again.

What the fuck is a true fan? What's the difference between a true fan and any other fan? It's all bullshit made up by these idiots because they feel they're better than people who didn't like GD before AI. I don't give a fuck if they're true fans or not, they're still fucking dickheads.

Exactly. :thumbsup:

If you don't like it, don't listen to it. There are Green Day songs I love, and Green Day songs I hate. Some are overrated, some have never been heard by 75% of the population(where I live, anyway) But the radio play of a song doesn't change my judgement or opinion of it.

OKay haha i i know what ur saying fuck i was gunna do a thing on this too haha but i saw urs so yuah but 4 real i think a true green day fan will never get annoyed by over played gd songs fuck i don't! haha but yuah that just my opinion but yuah

if you don't want to here a good sing played over and over again, don't listen to the radio. simple as.

my radio station plays their old songs more than the new ones. i love you 93X :D

I dont dislike it, I only feel that Greenday has four albums better than AI (dookie, insomniac, nimrod, warning) and those albums' songs should be the ones gettting the shit played out of them.

but as I said, im not angry.

just because were true green day fans, doesnt mean we cant get sick of songs because theyre overplayed. whats the point of listening to something youre sick of and dont like cause you are a true fan of the band.

listen to what you like :thumbsup:

meh, i don't listen to the radio that much so i won't really know how overplayed the songs are. the only radio i ever listen to is the new XM satellite radio stations that i have with my direct tv right now, and i don't hear GD a lot on there. but, all the time i hear my sister say "a GD song was on the radio today."

but, i don't think i would get annoyed by it, i would just listen to it... nothing really bothers me that much, unless it was like a Fall Out Boy song or something. >.<

my radio station plays their old songs more than the new ones. i love you 93X :D

Same here, I like never hear the new stuff. Always basketcase longview or WTP.

Archived