True Green Day fans wouldn't get annoyed by their over-played songs, right?

Silent-Rebel

i actually think it's more annoying when a person is totally obsessed with one band and that's the only music they listen to. i'd much rather talk to someone that listens to a variety of music than a person that thinks it's a sin to not know the exact day billie was born.

and i know this doesn't exactly go with the first post of the thread, but it's about people's ideas of what a "true fan" is in general

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i actually think it's more annoying when a person is totally obsessed with one band and that's the only music they listen to. i'd much rather talk to someone that listens to a variety of music than a person that thinks it's a sin to not know the exact day billie was born.

and i know this doesn't exactly go with the first post of the thread, but it's about people's ideas of what a "true fan" is in general

thats why you multi-task. I know Green Day information that i just found out. But i have a very open mind when it comes to music. Well when its rock music, its a different story, but as far as any other genre goes.

I don't think the words "true fan" should be used....there is barely such thing. If you like their music, than Hey, your a fan! No test to join that club brought to my attention.

ya i dont get annoyed at ther overplayed songs..its me that plays them over and over cos the radio here sucks and only plays rap/hip hop and all that crap. :dry: im not saying you cant like it.. i just dont. like thers really no such thing as a 'true fan' and i no heaps of ppl have said that... but its true. some ppl are bound to get sick of ther overplayed songs after a while.

i do not hate the overplayed songs. I just dont like listening to the same song over and over again on the radio, because i think if it is that repetitive, it kind of looses(loses?) its "meaning"(for lack of a beter word or phrase) If you hate 'em, you hate 'em, if you like 'em, you like 'em. I dont think that hating or likeing certain songs makes you any less of a fan. If an alcoholic only likes vodka and coors light, It doesnt make them any less of an alcoholic does it?(if that analogy makes any sense whatsoever)

i hate wake me up when september ends and blvd of broken dreams not because theyre overplayed, but because theyre lame.

I don't care about that. Does that make me a true fan? I don't know..don't really care either. What does a "true" fan mean anyway...isn't a fan just someone who enjoys the music? People who think about this stuff are a bit overly obsessed in my opinion. I think its just a phase people go through and someday everyone will realise to just listen and enjoy it and not get carried away with all this.

:thumbsup:

Guest n1i0m3r9od

that too :thumbsup:

I actually like the radio station here, they play old Green Day songs

I seriously dont remember the last time they played an AI song.

All the radio-hosts are probably getting tired of hearing it. haha

I'm not really sure what you said, but I think that any somg can get tired if it's overplayed, so it that happens, what I usually do is stop listening to that song for a while, then it's not as annoying to hear the nevxt time you hear it.

How does that have to do with being true to Green Day? They're not the ones overplaying their songs...

I think Green Day were a bit overplayed on the radio, it only really annoyed me when i was driving with my dad and he said:

"I really like this song, I've heard it so much and i think its great"

That was the one time i considered leaping from a moving vehicle. That and the time my friend followed through when he was driving. :o

I am a sorta die hard fan who lost interest not because of that. Maybe cause Green Day has nothing good for me right now. But I do get annoyed with over played songs even though my radio is on 24/7

i totally agree w/ the person who made this thread! i've always wondered the exact same thing.......specially the ppl who r bitter about it. maybe it's just me, cuz im obsessive n all, but i don't mind hearing a song or an album a million times. in fact, that's how i listen 2 music--i'll listen 2 the same band 4 a few months, then a new 1 the next few.

Any song ( even if it's REALLY good one, like BOBD) you hear REALLY often, may irritate you little bit.

But I can't hate any their song even if I'm heard those thousands of times..

Sorry if this topic had already been made, but I DID search :/ sorry sorry sorry if it has

Anyways, I was taking a shower and was wondering "People who say they are 'real Green Day fans' shouldn't be the ones getting annoyed at the over-played Green Day songs, right?" (don't ask).

I only wondered this because everyone I know that says they are 'real Green Day fans' hate the over-played Green Day songs these days. In my opinion, I think that the ones who do not get annoyed by the over-played songs are the true Green Day fans. Of course, that isn't true either, because some of the ones who hate the over-played songs have been fans for a long time....but I dunno....What do you think? :/

fuck every one gets tired of overplayed songs, you ever think that white stripes fans get tired of sevin fucking nation army? well ill tell you cuz i know, yes yes we do, basically if im listening or watching something about the white stripes i will hear

dun dun dun dun dun dun, dun. and its fucking retartdidly annyoning now

There really is no set definition of a "true Green Day fan"

if you love and support the band and enjoy the music then you are a fan.

Everyone can be a fan to a certain extent.

I, for example, never get tired of hearing a GD song on the radio, I actually get excited. I love hearing GD on the radio while driving. Of all the random songs, the radio dj's pick a GD song to play at the certain moment. its great.

but I guess for others it makes people mad, I dont know why, I guess they're being selfish and dont want anyone else to like them. They just need to get over it.

I have to say I feel exactly the same way - this music just never gets old for me. I was walking around the supermarket the other day, in that supermarket-coma thing you get, when they played Boulevard on their system - and hearing it in such an incongruous setting just sharpened my senses towards it.

Even when I'm playing AI on my headphones, I find myself turning up the volume on Boulevard and September, like it was some kind of rare treat! As for earlier GD stuff, well, when they get airplay, it actually is a rare treat, so yes, I'm happy.

For those who think it's overplayed on the radio - well, if I didn't like what a radio station, a tv station or a newspaper was selling me, I wouldn't be buying, simple as that.

Or bring a CD. switch the station, and quit bitchin'

:thumbsup:

yer or get a stereo that u can plug ya mp3/ipod in and then u will have all sorts of music and just put it on shuffle or a mp3 dvd 4gb on random its heaps do that

I don't get annoyed or hate over played songs at all, but I do deprive myself from them for a long time so that I miss them.

I haven't heard BOBD since the tour ended I think

That's it!

Guest steph123minority

i am a true GD fan but sometimes i get tired of a certain cd so then i either buy another or listen to my other GD cds i never get tired of when it plays on the radio though

Archived