True Green Day fans wouldn't get annoyed by their over-played songs, right?

Silent-Rebel

Sorry if this topic had already been made, but I DID search :/ sorry sorry sorry if it has

Anyways, I was taking a shower and was wondering "People who say they are 'Green Day fans' shouldn't be the ones getting annoyed at the over-played Green Day songs, right?" (don't ask).

I only wondered this because everyone I know that says they are 'Green Day fans' hate the over-played Green Day songs these days. In my opinion, I think that the ones who do not get annoyed by the over-played songs aren't really Green Day fans... Of course, that isn't true either, because some of the ones who hate the over-played songs have been fans for a long time....but I dunno....What do you think? :/

NOTE:

THERE ARE NOT ANY 'REAL' GREEN DAY FANS, OKAY? I HAD MEANT NOTHING BY IT!

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't hate their overplayed songs at all. They just get a little old after the first million times on the air. Their songs are really good.

Guest n1i0m3r9od

It's just the songs become so redundant (no pun intended), and predictable, you can hear it in your head perfectly, and you get that "Not this again" feeling in your stomache.

However, after about a week or so of not listening to that perticuler song (I'm not speaking of one certain song), I'm about ready to listen to it again.

I dont listen to the radio so i wouldent know if its over played or not......

I know my mom thinks green day is over played im my ipod though

Well, I don't really get annoyed with the fact that their songs are overplayed, but does that make me more of a fan then someone who is tired of hearing WMUWSE on the radio 24/7...no.

yea...no radio station even plays green day here...but i highly doubt i would ever get sick of them.

Guest n1i0m3r9od

I dont listen to the radio so i wouldent know if its over played or not......

I know my mom thinks green day is over played im my ipod though

The thing is, for me, is that I never listen to radio. I have a habit of listening to one song over and over and over again, untill I'm sick and tired of listening to it. Then, as I said earlier, after a week or so without listening to it, I'm good again. haha

I don't hate the songs that get played too much, i hate whoever is playing it too much. :)

Are you serious? lol....cuz if you are :mad:....

The thing is, for me, is that I never listen to radio. I have a habit of listening to one song over and over and over again, untill I'm sick and tired of listening to it. Then, as I said earlier, after a week or so without listening to it, I'm good again. haha

that excactly what i do i was doing that with whatsername last week

now im stuck on a blink 182 song

There really is no set definition of a "true Green Day fan"

if you love and support the band and enjoy the music then you are a fan.

Everyone can be a fan to a certain extent.

I, for example, never get tired of hearing a GD song on the radio, I actually get excited. I love hearing GD on the radio while driving. Of all the random songs, the radio dj's pick a GD song to play at the certain moment. its great.

but I guess for others it makes people mad, I dont know why, I guess they're being selfish and dont want anyone else to like them. They just need to get over it.

I said i don't hate the songs. I hate it how they get over played...like radio stations over play them. So i'll dislike the station alot more...It goes for every song just so you know... :thumbsup:

Guest n1i0m3r9od

There really is no set definition of a "true Green Day fan"

if you love and support the band and enjoy the music then you are a fan.

Everyone can be a fan to a certain extent.

I, for example, never get tired of hearing a GD song is on the radio, I actually get excited. I love hearing GD on the radio while driving. Of all the random songs, the radio dj's pick a GD song to play at the certain moment. its great.

but I guess for others it makes people mad, I dont know why, I guess they're being selfish and dont want anyone else to like them. They just need to get over it.

Or bring a CD. switch the station, and quit bitchin'

:thumbsup:

i think she meant MTV or the radio station or something.... :unsure:

Or bring a CD. switch the station, and quit bitchin'

:thumbsup:

that too :thumbsup:

I actually like the radio station here, they play old Green Day songs

I seriously dont remember the last time they played an AI song.

even if you don't choose to listen to the radio, it's pretty hard to escape. at least around here. wherever i go, i either hear people listening to the radio or just playing popular songs of the moment- at school, stores, coming out of cars, in my friends' cars, etc.

I don't get annoyed or hate over played songs at all, but I do deprive myself from them for a long time so that I miss them.

I haven't heard BOBD since the tour ended I think

any overpalyed song is annoying, but there overplayed fo a reason . . . there good :D and yeah its annoying but i love it when a green day song comes on i get all excited and im happy that the station finally plays some green day

I really can't even see the point in caring if someone's a "true fan".

It has nothing to due with being a true fan or not, really. If you hear a song enough, you're bound to get sick of it. Like when I first start listening to a CD or a band I'll listen to them a lot, and eventually I'll get tired of it. A 'true fan' doesn't have to love every fucking song and listen to that band's CDs 24/7.

I don't get annoyed... I really do get happy because they normally play really gay music here. Like, they play a lot of R&B or Country. And once I hear BOBD or WMUWSE or something I'm really happy.

Any good rock music that I hear here makes me pretty happy...

One of my friends lost respect for Green Day because they played WMUWSE here a lot. That was really childish I think..

Well if a song does get over played millions of times then it gets annoying. But if I don'y hear the song for like a week then I will want to hear it. :/

Archived