are Green Day oldies back?

longview timer

I dont really hear a lot of Green Day on the Rodio, its always that stupid Hip Hop RnB shit whitch to me every song sounds the same

I love hearing them on the radio tho, I get a buzz, Like yay my fav band in being played on the radio!

i do hear a lot of Time Of Your Life and GSB and Ive heard She a few times recently. Ameriucan Idiot is played a lot but BOBD is played by far the most closely followed by WMUWSE.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ~GhOsT~

yeah ive noticed that my parents had the radio on in the car...i wasnt paying attention to it though because nothing good comes on nemore....and i heard Welcome to Paradiose! i was like yay! theyre playing old stuff agin!

I don't really listen to any radio stations anymore. They play the same thing over and over. it get's boring. but i have to admit that the first time i heard a green day song was through radio, they played basket case. so i thank radio for the intro, but now it's all business. my brother is always complaining about how they only play AI.

I don't really consider Green Day to have oldies, but whatever. I heard Brain Stew on the radio at my friend's house, and started spazzing out. She was just like 'what's wrong?' and I'm just like 'the radio man's nice today! *rejoices*'. 'Twas odd.

the radio station has been playing old GD songs too.

I love it! why just earlier today Welcome to Paradise was on and I was flippin out :D

Heh they always play that one here.

overall, Green Day isn't played all that much on the radio, but these are the songs that are usually played:

the rock station plays Brain Stew/Jaded, Hitchin' A Ride, She, and Longview occasionally

the so-called "popular station" plays songs from American Idiot

some of the older stations that don't play the brand new music play Welcome to Paradise, Good Riddance, Basket Case, When I Come Around

the Boulevard mashup is sometimes played on random stations

In Miami's Rock station , they play 'Basket case" which is good.

Also this preppy Radio station plyed "When I come Around" in a hip way which sucked. I think that's what you guys talked about.

Mine doesn't :down: Especially the most popular ones, just cause they want to play what's "cool" now. it's so stupid. They still play Boulevard of broken dreams often. it' a little weird. Occasionally i hear "Good riddance" or "When i come around" though :cool:

i heard paper lanterns in my newsagent today :mellow:

weird... but awesome!!!

I've noticed they recently started playing Android on the radio, and that's REALLY old!!!

WTF? I Heard Brain Stew 4xs on the raido,,, that's just this week. Like... It was on 'The X' (www.wxeg.com).

I wouldn't say I'm an Oldie :unsure: but I wouldn't mind hearing some old Green Day songs on the radio once in a while, although I hardly listen to the radio now :pinch: but I went to this plaza center and I heard When I Come Around I was like :woot: Radio kills all the songs

yeah, i've heard some of green day's older hits on some radio stations, and basket case and brain stew on a damn hip hop station by me. they played redundant once by me on that station as well...

i've been hearing songs from the dookie to the ai era more frequently lately...but in one weekend i heard 2000 light years away 2-3 times :D

Nothing can be compared to the oldies!!! they simply rock...and im glad they're back! :D

the radio over here is too over rated with fucking rap n that shit i hate it but ike every morning last year just about every song wud be green day like american idiot holiday bobd or wake me up then i smashed my radio coz the alrm on it was fucked

i dont think so, today the radio played american idiot two times on a rock station, later in the car my dad had it on the "light rock hits" which is just hip hop and r&b and some rock,

and they played BOBD

three times

in the same two hours

i am from ireland and other than songs from americvan idiot and occasionally good riddance no other song by Green Day would be played but a couple of weeks ago i actually heard Christie Road and one of my lies on a mainstream station, i was shocked by i wouldn't say Green Day are old enough to have "oldies" music

Well i head warning and Time of your life a few times on the radio!!! i waited soo long for Time Of Your Life to play on the radio when i heard the radio man saying " we'll play time of your life"

The only Green Day songs I hear on Norwegian radio is the stuff from AI and rarely Basketcase and Good Riddance

Yeah, our alternative rock station (88.7FM), is playing more "old" GD songs than new ones. At first they were playing Holiday, BOBD and WMUWSE a LOT, with the occasional JOS. But now I'm hearing a ton of Warning, When I come Around, Brain Stew and Basket Case.

Android is getting played? Wow... that's awesome, but kinda weird. Awesome though. the oldest song I've heard on the radio over hear has been 2,000 Light Years Away. I freaked out when that happened

The only songs I ever heard on the radio are AI, Holiday, WMUWSE, BOBD, When I Come Around and Basket Case...thats it :down: and they don't play it often...maybe one time a month :(

I've only heard BOBD and WMUWSE over and over on the radio. They have only these songs or what?!

I want some 'oldies', damnit.

• 2 months later...

This past weekend, my local alternative station did a "Retro Rock" weekend, and I was shocked to hear "2000 Light Years Away" and "86". And this was just in the first few hours - they may very well have played other GD songs that you wouldn't expect to hear on the radio, but I didn't get to listen that much.

They're pretty good with playing GD oldies during normal programming too - they sometimes play some songs that are less popular with the masses like "J.A.R.", "Geek Stink Breath", "Hitchin' a Ride", "Nice Guys Finish Last", and the Warning singles, along with the more common stuff like "Brain Stew", "Good Riddance", and the Dookie and AI singles.

yeah ive heard a lot of old green day a lot lately longview was on in this sport shop i was in saturday :wacko: anyway live 105 plays a lot of their old stuff its pretty normal to hear that on their

I hear a lot of their older stuff on Fugus on XM radio. They always seem to play the off-beat unpopular songs like Misery and and also the older stuff like Geek Stink Breath and J.A.R.

I don't listen to regular radio too often, the only time I hear them play anything Green Day though, it's usually one of the mainstream songs like Basketcase or BOBD.

Archived