are Green Day oldies back?

longview timer

you sound like my daughter she does the same thing. lol

lol, cool! Makes me feel less crazy. :D

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea, actually, I've heard Longview quite a bit lately. I've been wondering what the hell was going on, but YAYY!!

Other than the occasional car ride, I try to avoid the radio anyway. They tend to overplay amazing songs, then I end up wanting to kill myself everytime I hear it. That's why I can still stand songs like, Boulevard of Broken Dreams and Sugar We're Going Down Swinging.

KROQ(LA) has always been good about distibuting the Green Day Play. I mean, of course the play Boulevard Of Broken Dreams, Holiday, and Wake Me Up When September Ends a lot more because that is what is popular, but They also play Welcome To Paradise a good amount, Longview, And Brain Stew. The Songs they do play(but not as often) are Geek Stink Breath, When I Come Around, Jaded, She..and they have more that you can request(but they dont really ever get around to playing them)

yeah I think they have come back!

Which is awesome.

I hear older songs all the time on the radio!

I love it! I hear Longview a lot... and I heard Poprocks and Coke on the radio the other day!! i was so excited.

i've heard pre-Nimrod Green Day on the radio for years, way before AI was released. that was on our "rock" stations, though. I've yet to hear the local pop and hip-hop station play anything other than WMUWSE or BOBD. of course it's not like i listen to that station more than every once in a while on the bus

I never hear AI songs anymore. its mostly the ones off Dookie which makes me happy. (I think most of the DJs on this station hate Green Day since I looked at one of the Djs myspaces and one of her groups is an anti Green Day one)

here they still play ai songs all the time but they occaisonally play some older stuff.

Green Day aren't old enough to have oldies.

uhhh yes they are. i would say 10 years is plenty old enough...and green day are even older.

annnd no,i dont hear any oldies...then again i barely heard any newbies too.

i do, all the time. I hear them play longview all the time. Hitchin a ride is another one that comes up alot. That and When i come Around :)

i dont listen to the radio so i cant say they play them here,but i think its good that they're doing that. playing REAL music :wink:

but i think its for the money :P

I had A I wake me up when the alarm went off the other day. It was the first song the DJ played on his show.

I haven't heard any oldies for a while though.

I usually hear at least one Green Day song every time I turn the radio on. BOBD and WMUWSE are the only two AI singles that I've heard in awhile, but most of the singles from dookie get more radio circulation here. Go figure...I'd like to hear "Hitchin' a Ride" more often...

The only time I ever heard an older GD song on the radio was when I went to Stockholm, and that was Good riddance. I mean...no.

Green Day aren't old enough to have oldies.

Yea, but in today's society when anything more than a month old is "old news", Green Day's fuc*in' ancient.

Oh, and to stay on topic, about three days ago, I turned on the radio and heard Basket Case. I then changed the channel, and I heard Basket Case. Turning the station again, I heard Longview, then Good Riddance (if that even counts as old), Candy Shop (goddamned rappers taking over the radio), and then, to my extreme delight... Christie Road (it was a contest, where callers tried to guess the band with said bands' "unknown" music). I was freakin' happy.

I hate radio, bunch of money grabbing wankers these days!

I don't know but I'm not happy about the radio, and I never will be. Not even if they play old-skool-Green Day all day long. I really don't care if they get airplay, maybe it would be better if they got less airplay, than all the teenies/phonies will forget about Green Day, and you won't hear someone saying "OMGOSH IS TAHT GREENDAY!? I LUVV BILLY!" that annoys the hell out of me.

Hate to break it to you, but GeekSBreath isn't an oldie. I thought this was going to be a discussion about how GD have kept a few true oldies alive (Only Of You, D.Boy, Christie Rd, etc)...

And no idea what stations you've listened to - my rock stations have always played Green Day songs from at LEAST Insomniac, to newer tunes.

in the area that I live in we have a radio station called 94.5 pst and its a pop station. The past few weeks I have heard green day oldies like, when I come around, longview and basket case. I was kinda suprised though considering that it is a pop station and mostly tweens listen to it and probably have no idea what old green day songs sound like. But im always up for rockin' the oldies :cool:

I havent heard any green day at all on the radio :( . Back in sepember and early november wake me up was HUGE!! i dont hear anthing else tough. New or Old (even thouhght green day is the farthest thing from old. green day will never be "old" they are to good :) .

kk laterr xox <33

Now POP stations, that's a slightly different story - it takes more for them to break from A.Simpson for Green Day, than for the rock to break from other rock.

Meh, I don't listen to the radio. But that's cool they're playing the old stuff. I think tracks from the Kerplunk! record should be played. They're like little nuggets.

all the radio stations around here play old and new green day.

big whoop.

Archived