are Green Day oldies back?

longview timer

Although the succes of American Idiot sought out the over-playing of a couple of hits, Ive also noticed something else, the return of our beloved Green Day oldies. Even stations like the media driven kiss 95.1 have brought back the good old Green Day years. I mean before American Idiot how many times can you say you heard a song like Geek Sting Breath, for example on a mostly pop, r&B statinion? Maybe its the profit hat Green Day brings, the propoganda. Or maybe its this new taken outlook, that has formed this era, was Green Day such a muse as in to do so? Well, at least not for most. Its the over advertised succes of the album that brought back the classics, while their taking a break. Why not over sell and make as much money form Green Day, now that they brought new age fans, cold cash, and are at thier peak of their career? A wise man said that music today needs a kick in the ass, and now its getting it.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the radio station has been playing old GD songs too.

I love it! why just earlier today Welcome to Paradise was on and I was flippin out :D

I'm not sure where you're from, but in Wichita the commercial rock station also 95.1 played a lot of AI, they occasionally play old Green Day. Our alternative station never really played AI but is always playing the old stuff. Never Good Riddance though, probably too commercial still.

i havent heard any old green day on the radio :down: . i really dont hear any new green day either... my radio stations have kinda moved on to the next big thing :bored: . every once in a blue moon you here wake me up or holiday, but thats pretty much it. :dry:

KBS or 95.7 plays alot of Good Riddance around 5 o'clock on tuesdays and thursdays and they play Warning quite a bit

i havent heard any old green day on the radio :down: . i really dont hear any new green day either... my radio stations have kinda moved on to the next big thing :bored: . every once in a blue moon you here wake me up or holiday, but thats pretty much it. :dry:

Yep. Same here. The only songs I've ever heard on my radio by Green Day are WMUWSE and Holiday. It makes me sad sometimes... I'd much rather hear some "oldies" every once and a while.

it's called the punk explosion

"Don't blame me for the explosion of punk rock.

I didn't know our music was going to get that big."

-Mike

But you know good things happens even in the hardest times :D

that's not happening here where I live...radio stations just play AI songs.... :/

yes, i heard She in my class the other day on some radio that plays everything, new and old. and i heard Brain Stew on the rock station like 3 times recently, and when i come around on a hits station. im soooo glad that people havnt forgotten about the good old stuff.

Guest n1i0m3r9od

My car doesn't have a CD player in it yet, so I was forced to against my better judgement and listen to the radio, and they playd When I Come Around.

The radio station in my town likes to play Longview and Good Riddance.

Once they played Good Riddance and WMUWSE back-to-back, heh.

It's kinda funny here where I live... They basicly only play older Green Day songs... and I agree with Jake, they aren't old enough to have oldies lol! But of course they do have older songs. :happy: On the station I listen to the most played Green Day songs are Welcome to Paradise, Longview, Basket Case, and When I come Around. Sometimes they'll play She or Brain Stew, but not often. And the only thing they play from American Idiot is Holiday. They used to play Boulevard of Broken Dreams when the song first hit it big, but I haven't heard it for months. Now on the shitty buble gum pop radio stations here, the only Green Day song they ever play is Wake Me Up When September Ends.... but that's a different story.

yeah. I've heard some Green Day 'oldies'

They played Basket Case on the normal pop radio station and on the modern rock stations I've heard She, Brain Stew, and Welcome To Paradise.

It made me really happy. :) It's no longer only AI

if you like the songs it doesnt matter whether they are so called "old" songs or "new" songs.

people need to let go. if you dont like the new songs quit bitching. they dont write songs for you. they write songs they believe in. they arent going to write the type of songs they wrote in their teens. if they did I would really think about calling them the "sell outs" that they hae been branded with for so long.

get your heads out of the sand people. these guys have grown up. if you cant keep pace with them then maybe you need to be looking to other bands to express how you feel. either that or do it for yourselves just as green day did!

all they ever play here is jos wmuwse and bobd

and once in a while when i come aroud or time of your life :(

I heard J.A.R. on the radio the other day, that's like seeing a penguin hanging out by a pool in Miami.

It doesn't really matter to me what song it is, I get excited when ever I hear a Green Day song on the radio. lol, just ask my mom... I scream and flail like about an idiot. Old or new... I don't really care. A Green Day song is a Green Day song, they are all wonderful and all deserve to be played on the radio.

It doesn't really matter to me what song it is, I get excited when ever I hear a Green Day song on the radio. lol, just ask my mom... I scream and flail like about an idiot. Old or new... I don't really care. A Green Day song is a Green Day song, they are all wonderful and all deserve to be played on the radio.

you sound like my daughter she does the same thing. lol

you sound like my daughter she does the same thing. lol

so do i... :whistling:

my mom doesnt like it too much... i might accidentaly turn it up a little too loud.

I heard J.A.R. on the radio the other day, that's like seeing a penguin hanging out by a pool in Miami.

wow! :woot:

that is amazing!

In my country they don't play too much Green Day on the radio...except songs from American Idiot, but no too often

Where i live, on the radio i still hear songs like warning and when i come around quite often

The only radio stations I get when I'm at home and not at college are country, oldies, dozens of spanish stations, and a stupid love songs station. Needless to say, I have given up on the radio... :down: I don't even listen to it up here at college.

Archived