Green Day is Religion

Fuzz

You're a quick one aren't you :dry:

the problem is more with the elitist older fans. not the younger fans. ]]the so called "hard core" want exclusivity and cant have it and cant live without it.

every fan is equal. as people we are equal. if you cant accept that... then thats your loss.

forget the "teenie" term. those people span all ages, not just the younger members. we all have different view points. different priorities.

what gives you the right to say who is a true fan and who isnt?

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

green day is defently a religon to me i worship them they are my life line

That was really good and deep, Andres! I agree totally. Green Day literally helps me daily and their music gets me through a lot and helps me take a lot of crap from people. I'm incredibly lucky that I'm into their music because they've helped me through a lot of hard times. This is going to sound corny, but their songs put my feelings into words and what they say in their songs is exactly how I feel and what I wish I could out into words like they do. They illustrate my life as I know it in so many ways and it helps me through everything to hear them and to know that someone out there knows just what I'm going through and how I feel. That's why I love Bullet In A Bible; because I watch that and see so many people joining together under these really epic songs and I realize that there are so many people out there just like me, and it makes me feel better to know that I'm really not alone in this world.

that

sry...i don't know what happened with the quote thing

Thanks for that, Andres. I agree with it alot, Green Day is my life.

the problem is more with the elitist older fans. not the younger fans. ]]the so called "hard core" want exclusivity and cant have it and cant live without it.

every fan is equal. as people we are equal. if you cant accept that... then thats your loss.

forget the "teenie" term. those people span all ages, not just the younger members. we all have different view points. different priorities.

what gives you the right to say who is a true fan and who isnt?

How the heck did you get all that from my reply? Of course I believe every fan is equal. I really don't like being looked down on by people, those 'hardcore fans', who saw GD at Woodstock 94 etc. I think one of the things that brings GD fans together is that they don't feel they 'fit in' with the normal run of things and then to be told you can't be in that group either is a bit of a kick in the teeth.

I just found what she said a bit stupid, it wasn't anything big.

you know something, one thing people on forums really should learn to do is read the full post! not just respond to one part of a post.

I have this thing where when I am concentrating on something and somebody comes up and says something on a totally different subject... I get this look on my face like "what language are you speaking??"

sometimes you need to take a step back, go away for a bit and then come back and then respond to the original post. understand what is being said before opening your big nouth and putting your foot right in it!

that is not an accusation made to anybody in this thread, but for those who have said that loving green day is a religion.... you are missing what Andres was trying to get across.

this is where things go so wrong when people try to communicate. people hear/read what they want to. they dont take the time to actually hear/read what is actually there.

hence fans mis-understanding (in my view) the bands lyrics and reasons for what they do.

I'm totally agree with you netty ! :thumbsup: sometimes I just feel like people don't read the thread or the posts and just make some answer just to get some "points" in their ranking. But you did say it better than me !

that really changed my personal opinion of you andres :) (for the better, of course) and i know that was not your intent when you posted that, but i felt id share anyway.

Wow that was a nice thing to read .I actully remember why am I here , it's seems there is more than just posting a message . Geez, that really get to me .

What Andres said made me think back a lot. First about the so called 'n00bs'. Well sure I used to be one but haven't we all? And I have been the one to get nasty replies to my questions because I didn't know. Not on this forum but some other Green Day fan forum. Sometimes people make me feel fake because 'I wasn't there when Green Day wasn't popular.' And they say I'm not a fan because I started getting into them during the American Idiot era. But that doesn't mean I know nothing about them. I'm getting off topic.

Anyways, Green Day has helped me a lot lately. I've been in a really bad state where I throw major temper tantrums and anti-social moments. When I hear Green Day during any part of the day, I forget about all of that and I'm in my own little world again where nothing else matters. Hearing their music for the first time did change my life. It changed my outlook on the world. It changed the way I acted. It changed who I respected and who I didn't. It changed me in every way. Because of them I'm not the little country girl my parents miss so I'm safe to say that I can thank them for the way I am now. That change is both negative and positive but I could really care less. I believe in God, yes, and I don't 'worship' Green Day but they HAVE had a strong effect on me and my life.

• 2 weeks later...

Just re-read that Andres, and you reminded me of my love for music, my love for Green Day. And how important both of them are to me.

Thanks man.

If theres anyrthing Green Day has done for me its introdused me to punk.

If id never heard of Green day I doubt Id be who I am Today.

They introdused me to a lot of great, punk bands, and music means a lot more to me now.

wow.. i loved reading it..

you're really sweet :blush:

thanx !!

when im thinking on bad stuff or when it all just fucked up to me

the first thing that i'll do is listening to GD

then i dono why

but the day looks much better :wink:

good luck in running it all up ,

you're doing awesome job ! :woot:

GO ANDRES! That was a real tear jerker lol. :sweat: I love what you guys have done here on the GDAF, this place is awesome. I do agree that some of the mods could be a little nicer, but hey they're spending their time making GDAF possible.

Wow andres, you've really put into perspective. I almost forgot how important they were to me :happy:

wow, there have been sp many times that Green Day has helped me through a rough time in my life. like last summer, was pretty much the worst summer of my entire life. i felt like i just wanted to leave this town, and start over somewhere new. that's when i listened to J.O.S. for the first time, i was like wow, can this describe me any more? and i could relate to Letterbomb, because i really did feel like nobody liked me and everyone left me. i remember sitting in my car on the way to the beach crying to that song. Minority also had an effect of me, because i was like hey, i don't need anyone to tell me how to live my life. so many more Green Day songs have effected me in some way, but i can't fit them all into this one thread.

Green Day is just a part of my life.

i mean, i still stand up with Green Day

and i go to bed with Green Day.

i listen it for 3 years know, i know almost

of every lycris.

but it annoyed never, strange other band do.

Especially now with my examinations,

I listen each day 3 hours if I am for learning

rockly-hard the music of Green Day.

It just give me a good feeling at everything what I do.

I cannot think differently more. It feel very good

i can tell you that!!

• 4 weeks later...

Green day IS my religion..I LOVE them since American idiot..Their music is all for me..They are sense of my life!!!!Thanks to their music I recover a lot of depressions and very bad situatins inmy life...They are my addiction..I can´t imagine any day without GD songs... :happy: And I hope that I´ll see them someday(live)... :)

A reminder of why I like Green Day so much , and why I joined this place in the first place.

Thanks a lot :)

Same! Thanks! :thumbsup:

I am in love with Green Day :wub: Their music is amazing and so meaningful when you really listen to the words.

I agree with Andres - I could be having the crappiest day ever, but then I watch BIAB (or listen to one of their albums) and everything's ok! GD's not my religion but I'm so obsessed with them (obviously) I don't think I'll ever stop liking them!

It's not just punk music, it's a way of life! :D

what an inspirational thread :wub:

When I think deep down about how I feel about Green Day, I can honestly say that I am in love with them. They seem to have a powerful connection to me with their music. Like a feeling Billie had one day when he wrote a song is a same feeling I've had before. They've taught me a lot through their music, they've showed me a world that I feel I belong to. They express in music what I feel and think.

I cant imagine what I would be like without Green Day. Throughout life everyone has little moments with big impacts, Green Day is one of them and im so glad that I can be apart of the Green Day world.

Guest ~GhOsT~

i love Green Day! i may be a little obessessive...well very but i love everything about them their music, lyrics, attitude...theyve helped me out in a lot of tough places...like i used to cut alot and then when Green Day became a big part of my life i would go and lisin to them when i felt like cutting and i wouldnt want to anymore it was great i felt so much better! i cant even name all the ways theyve helped me!!! ill always love them

Green Day made me completely comfortable being myself. There's never a day I don't think about how much I appreciate them.

Archived