Green Day is Religion

Fuzz

after this thread the green day ''day'' thread doesnt sounds so weird :eyebrows:

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me I guess Green Day is my religion as well. I worship them and their music, and (like most religions) they've honestly saved my life. A few times.

About the people on this forum, I agree completely with you Andres. Sometimes people on here can be annoying and in a way deserve to be flamed, but other times it's just people who don't know any better.

Man, it never ceases to amaze me how much Green Day's words and music mean to me. How closely I analyze all of their stuff to get the message out of it and try to keep true to it.

Over the past few weeks I feel like I've just been putting up with stuff. Like, just putting up with people here or on GDA because I have to. I've been all bummed out, and the way I approach problems were that of a grumpy old man. However, tonight was the first time in a while that I watched Bullet in a Bible and it's weird how things seems so much better after realizing that I'm love with Green Day's music. Is it stalkerish or over obsessive? Yeah probably, but that doesn't even matter to me. It's like, I can break off a piece of a song, music or lyric from them and then realize how important that one line is. Or I can listen to Wake Me Up or Minority inside it feels like I’m staring at music visually.

I'm not sure what I'm trying to accomplish with this. But I feel like I just can take a step back and reanalyze things I do and realize that it was a mistake. Like getting mad at someone because they type like a moron and then making them feel bad because of it. Thats stupid. I mean, underneath some idiotic teenie chat, there's a real person who just might be decent. I feel like such a hypocrite, especially after that thread I made last week that nearly called for an attack on n00bs. Then tonight after talking with Courtney about the "old lady thread", we decided to go ahead and re-make it and then to create a whole sub-forum for it a little later down the road. After being able to take a step back I realize that I didn't need to be an asshole with people over something as small as a thread. Or getting emails that say something stupid like, "can i have Billie's number". I try not to reply, but when I do, it's usually be being a dick. I can't help but think, "how would i feel if that was me." I would hate to get an email back from someone I kind of looked up to making me feel like an idiot, because I probably would.

We all have problems that we need to deal with, and Green Day may take a big part in that for some of you as it does me. I had it wrong, I think we should accept the idea that people have problems and want advice from us. I feel kind of bad when someone makes a thread because they want advice just to have it closed. I know inside most of us we read stuff and wouldn't mind giving advice, but we're not supposed to or something. We should all have a "oh fuck your problems. Everyone has them". That’s bullshit. I know that’s how I’ve treated that, but it's not right. This shouldn’t be a place of thousands of grumpy old teenagers. If anything, it should be a place for everyone to get along to some extent. Just remember, before you reply to something and you're going to be a dickhead about it, put yourself in that persons shoes. Yes, some people do need a kick in the ass sometimes here, but not all the time, not in every thread.

Running this place and GDA has not been easy at all. But when I watch Green Day or listen to a song that means something to me, it makes it that much better. The whole point of this place is a place for everyone to be able to meet people like them in some way. All of us do have something in common, we all appreciate good music for the right reasons. That should be reason enough for people to attempt to make the best of this place. We can't be the best community if we shun people out of it.

And with that, I guess I'll ask for your opinion or stories about when you've used Green Day to get over some tough situation.

thats deep.

but i pretty much feel the same way. green day help eases my on a regular basis.

It's like, I can break off a piece of a song, music or lyric from them and then realize how important that one line is

yeah,, and the longer you think about it, the more you understand how much it means and aaAA gah ..

after this thread the green day ''day'' thread doesnt sounds so weird

Ha ha, very true

Like so many people have said here before Green Day isn't my religion and that's true, they're not my religion. I think of their songs as like a bible. They teach us life lessons and morals. Bille Joe, Mike and Tre are all real people with feelings and the songs just show that the are real and the music is like a journal of their lives, the hard and easy. I can reflect to my life and what I'm going through by listening to them and then I know that no one is ever alone.

green day has definatly helped me. ive been having trouble with my friends, school, family, etc. and when i started listening to green day it just seemed like everything 'fit'. i just felt a connection with so many of their songs. i was trying to be accepted and well-liked and just couldnt understand why people hated me so much- i was nice, respectful, smart and liked to have fun like everybody else. green days lyrics just fit into my life so much... its like the soundtrack to me. green days just helped me realized i dont have to be like everybody else... i can be me and if people dont like it that is their problem. im still having trouble not caring what people think and everything, but i know there is always green day... i can have the crappiest day ever... people made fun of me, fought with my bff, failed a test and green day makes it seem like everythings ok. i walk home listening to the timetalks interview, and no matter how upset i am billie still makes me laugh. when i get home i blast a song that fits into the situation or something i just wanna listen, then i watch biab which can brighten anything up. and if i get really pissed or get left out of something, etc. i can go into my own little green day-loving world and realize i dont need the people who make my life a living hell... and im not the only one in the world who feels this way and is going through this. green day just really fits into my life- i dont want to be like everyone else anymore. and i dont know... what i feel when i listen to green day is something that is so hard to describe. :/ they just make me feel something ive never felt before- and no its not the urge to fuck billie. a feeling of ok-ness mabe. but now that im trying to be "me", everybody thinks im trying to be like green day. i tell them im not a cross-dresser and they need to shut-up. you cant win for losing with some people.

they have helped me get over a lot of tough situations, with music as well as biab, (good) interviews, and everything they do and have gone through in their lives. its nice to know im not alone.

they help me through situations every day.

ya.......

Green Day helps me get over things a lot.... Whenever I hear their songs, watch them, read their lyrics....I get really happy, and I can't explain it...but I just feel like something was lifted from my shoulders.

Billie Joe, Mike, and Tre really are great people. They write and sing what they feel like whether people like it or not....and I think that is awesome!

Whenever I feel down, angry, or sad, listening to Green Day makes me calmer; happier. Whether it was a fight with my friends, my parents, a death, or even the little promblems that I get ticked off at; hearing Green Day always helps, and comforts me...

I never actually realized how Green Day was a huge part of my life until last year when...well, I rather not say....it's pretty personal. :unsure:

Maybe I'm obsessed, maybe I don't have a life....or maybe I just love Green Day :happy:

i love green day, really, but i wouldn't say they're my religion... i do ocgdd (obsessive compulsive green day disorder for those of you who don't know) but that's it and anyone who is worshipping them really needs to get a life

plus, none of us here (except for the ppl who actually met them) know if green day are super nice people.

You do not know how much more i love you now andres. thank you...

I've never 'used' Green Day to help me through a situation. Yes, Billie is an excellent lyricist, but the lyrics rarely apply to me or the situation at hand. I love his lyrics, but they haven't changed my life or anything; not like the lyrics of a few other bands.

Music in general makes me happy, but only a few special bands can actually help me with my problems.

Green Day lyrics pop into my head at all these moments in my life. When someone says something, a lyric pops into my head. They call me crazy and obsessed, but I just relate to the true lyrics a lot.

And I even intepret them as I want them to. Ex: When I listen to Chump I relate it to God even though that's no where close to the real meaning.

Andres, that was sheer beauty in word form.

Well I don't think any kind of deep obsession is healthy :/ No matter what it would be.

ehh...ya true but obessions fade away eventually....well their supposed to lol

wow thanks Andres that really made me think!

i think that Green Day has been a really good inspiration to help get my life back on track and make it go in the direction i want it to. it hasnt so much changed me its made me realize what is important in life and whats not. its really opened up my eyes and made me look at the world from a different point of view and i think they've overall helped me to be a better person.

I'm obsessed with the Whatsername character, because I feel like I can relate to her in many respects (although I identify with JOS/Jimmy in separate aspects of my life), mostly with a bad relationship that finally ended a few months ago. I had gotten caught up in a ficade, and started changing myself to meet someone else's expectations, including the career path I wanted to take. When I realized that I wasn't happy, I tried to fix it, and at some point after realizing that it had become exactly what I was trying to avoid, I gave up, even resorting to doing a thing or two that I would normally have not been proud of. And while I was in a lot of emotional pain afterwards, I came to terms, and I've moved on...kinda :/

I guess you could also say that in a way, AI has helped me gain a lot of insight on my life, and it's enabled me to step outside myself and reevaluate what's going on in my life; kinda like having a psychoanalyst, without shelling out thousands of dollars on decades of therapy.

i also watched BIAB the other day, i had almost forgot why and how much i like green day and then i got sick and had to stay in bed all day so i thought i would watch it. all of their songs have such power and i can relate my own life to so many parts of their songs. and i remembered the people who yell "green day" at me as an insult and i felt such bitterness towards them but i just laughed, because green day is not an insult.

Awww...I can feel the love in this thread :wub:

I can't think of a particular issue that Green Day have helped me with, just life in general. 6 years ago I heard Green Day for the first time and realised that is what I'd been looking for, and I've never looked back. Thier music, lyrics and performances keep me going, and make me damn happy :D I wish I could tell them that.

If the people running this place - and I mean the real admins and mods - are feeling like the crowd here needs a spanking, please don't hesitate to suspend or boot someone. Honestly. Your forum followers will appreciate it, and you'll find the place easier to run without so many American Idiots.

Green Day has helped me more than even I know. And I realize that sometimes I dont always recognize how much they and their music mean to me. I mean, whatever I am going through, whatever happens through the span of my day, i know that i can come home, and there will be a Green Day song that will help me through whatever is happening. And when I am listening to whatever song I am relating to, It is so comforting to know that some one else has gone throught this, and some one else has been in this exact situation. Some one else has felt hate, love, confusion, helplessness, gratitude, or whatever JUST LIKE I HAVE. Thank you Green Day. I dont feel quite as alone as I used to. And, Thank you Andres. great thread.

Green Day is almost like another living entity in my life. I have my family, friends, pets and Green Day. I love lots of different bands and even different genres of music, but in my life there is music and then there is Green Day. Probably the only band that I have listened to at least 2x a week since 1994. More often than not I listen to them on a daily basis. I am not saying my world revolves around them, but other than the real living breathing beings I love, they are at the top of my list in importance. I feel that the songs they have written can be applied to my life and and what I have went through and amazingly even around the same time some of these songs have been released. To name a few, new relationships, rocky points in my marriage, drug use and abuse and learning to change, evolve and be happy w/the person I am now.

For me it's more like music is my religion, not just GD. Though GD is near the very top, so basically yes, they are part of my religion. Music is my life, it means everything to me.

Yeah I remember when I first joined, I realized GDA actually had a forum so I was like oh cool! Talk to people about Green Day! I don't really see Green Day as a band actually, I see them as the people you know? I rarley say Green Day, I'll just call them by their names. With other bands it's totally different. It's awesome that they are so popular, and the members in it are some of the smartest people, at least I think so. I'm sure I would still like Green Day if Billie, Mike and Tre were a bunch of assholes, but it just wouldn't be the same. I'm just rambling, but when I talk about Green Day I could go on forever.

Andres, I love you.

But really, when I was first introduced to Green Day, I was very mixed up in every way a person can be. I was searching everywhere for myself, trying to be other people that I looked up to, like older people that I knew. I dressed like every other person out there, I was trying to be cool, trying to be pretty... and I never felt good. I was always so insecure about my looks, my actions, things that I said...

But now, I am a free spirited revolutionist. I do what I think is right for me, and for the people I care most about. I do what I love, and I'm not put down by people who think I'm strange. I'm just myself, and when I listen to Green Day, I feel like I find more of myself every time. It motivates me to go after my dreams (to be in a band and to travel the world), and it helps me to pick myself up from the ground when I'm really down.

If I ever met them, I couldn't thank them enough. They'd probably be so annoyed with me thanking them over and over, that they'd call security to have me shipped to Bermuda. But I think they'd like hearing people say thanks. I think it makes them feel good deep down, even if they don't really show it.

I owe them so much.

Your forum followers will appreciate it, and you'll find the place easier to run without so many American Idiots.

You're a quick one aren't you :dry:

Archived