Green Day is Religion

Fuzz

Awh that post was really lovely and heart warming. :happy:

I think it's nice you have thought about how people feel on here and that you want to make it a better place. yay. And about the whole green day helping thing? they honestly help me every time i'm sad. they have so many songs there is always one that you can listen to that makes you feel better about a certain situation. Whenever i feel depressed or like self harming i always listen to green day and they just make every thing seem so much better. i can relate to their songs, the meaning. i'm continually amazed by them each time i connect with a song. they've kept me alive so far and i hope they continue to do so.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^ u guys r obviously not as obessed as some of us r (and im not saying this in a bad way if thats how it sounds)

Well I don't think any kind of deep obsession is healthy :/ No matter what it would be.

wow, this was nice post:)

but, anyway, yeah, gd is something like my religion, i nearby cant BE without at least one of their CD a day...:)

^^ u guys r obviously not as obessed as some of us r (and im not saying this in a bad way if thats how it sounds)

obsession or fanaticism has nothing to do with it. You can't expect everyone to like everything someone else does.

i used to wonder why letterbomb and whatsername tear me apart and make me so sad everytime i listen to them and then i just remembered why. my brother was dumped just a few months ago by a girl he was dating for a long time and was pretty crazy about. i hadnt seen him cry in so long until he was dumped. i feel pretty sorry for him despite how crazy he drives me.

Thanks for that Andres, It really made me think. :) We should be nicer to people once in a while :happy:, and it made me realise how awesome Green Day really are.

I really appreciate you for typing that.

I must belive that we all agree with you, and i thought it was such a nice thread to read.

So thank you for that, you seem like a really nice person :)

I can't stop thinking that the guys from GD probably would be smiling if they saw those lines :blush:..

Almost every time i listen to their songs, i find something new. It can be something new from the lyrics, or just some little thing.

Gotta love Green Day.. i wish i still had the 'review' which i wrote about american idiot when it came out. It was full of-- love. I posted it here.. quite long ago.

Buffy,Green day, LOTR and harry potter, are my religion :lol:! naw i dont worship them or those thing, I' am just a huge fan!

I think some people take the 'dedicated fan' thing a bit too far. Sure you love their music and lyrics, but it is very creepy when people post pictures of the guys family in their sig or will not take ANY sort of criticism towards them. I even see requests for pictures of their kids, what the hell is that? Everyone does not like them, some even hate them like you hate bands, get over it.

seriously, if you think about it, for many people green day is religion. some people look up to god to help tham with their problems, and i, along with many others im sure, look up to green day to help them with their problems.

for example, i live in a shitty neighborhood in a tiny apartment in the dangerous streets of san francisco. i go to a horrible school where teachers dont even teach anything and have troubled freinds who think diffrently, just like i do, so we get treated differently, like outcasts. sometimes ill look back on my life and think it totally sucks. but then i look at green day's music, analyze it to find out what they're saying, and realize that im not the only one with these problems, and that there are people off way worse than me. i realize that if i werent living where i am now, i would totally be hating life, and that i love where i live, and i love the people around me. since ive started liking green day, ive matured immensley, an i owe a whole lot of it to them. ive figured myself out a lot more than most people my age, and though i still have a long way to go, i feel that i can go through with it with all of the self ralization i already have gained for myself with the help of my freinds and my music.

and andres, thank you for making that post. it ment so much to me.

seriously, if you think about it, for many people green day is religion. some people look up to god to help tham with their problems, and i, along with many others im sure, look up to green day to help them with their problems.

I'm not even religious, but I find it highly amusing that you're comparing GD to God.

I'm not even religious, but I find it highly amusing that you're comparing GD to God.

Well I find it amusing that you both assume God is religion. He isn't to everyone.

Here is the definition of religion:

re·li·gion ( P ) Pronunciation Key (r-ljn)

n.

1. Belief in and reverence for a supernatural power or powers regarded as creator and governor of the universe.

2. A personal or institutionalized system grounded in such belief and worship.

3. The life or condition of a person in a religious order.

4. A set of beliefs, values, and practices based on the teachings of a spiritual leader.

5. A cause, principle, or activity pursued with zeal or conscientious devotion.

These last two certainly apply to people around here!!

I think some people consider Billie their spiritual leader. Doesn't mean they are comparing him to God.

I think some people consider Billie their spiritual leader. Doesn't mean they are comparing him to God.

thats what i was saying.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Well, yeah, because there's a reasonable amount of proof that Green Day actually exists. :)

When did any of the major God-guys last do a photo-shoot?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Well, yeah, because there's a reasonable amount of proof that Green Day actually exists. :)

thank you for saying that.

I don't know, some recent historical theorists might call the shroud of Turin a kind of photo-shoot for ol' JC...well, more like for Da Vinci. You hear about that one? I saw a show on it on the History Channel. Fascinating. :cool:

Pssst. Now is the time when we whip out our GD Bible. Andres!!

hhm...Andres, you made me cry with that post, I mean it....and I feel the same way you do about Green Day, even though I've been their fan for a year....they have a really big place in my heart, and in my actions....they're a big influence to me...and i must admit that i'm really surprised, because i never thought that a band could be so important in my life....

your post made me realize that i've been such an idiot, and, as a green day song says...Sometimes I need to apologize, Sometimes I need to admit that I ain't right, Sometimes I should just keep my mouth shut, or only say hello, Sometimes I still feel I'm walking alone

your post made me a better person, I think, so i guess i have to say thank you :D

this post took me like 20 minutes....and sorry for the mistakes up there. :/

Green Day is my religion...really! I don't look up to God or Alá or any other god...I believe in Green Day

andres, one line that you said resume all about green day for me:

"It's like, I can break off a piece of a song, music or lyric from them and then realize how important that one line is."

...and man, i really appreciate your words, you opened your heart and i like it...i will be honest: i almost not read this thread...

Green Day may not be my religion, but it is my way of life...

I fell your vibes.

Archived