Green Day's Religion

madie

"No one ever died for my sins in hell, as far as I can tell" definately sounds agnostic. Maybe he just doesn't belong to a specific religion. Just because you like the symbolism in Catholisism doesn't make you Catholic.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Billie was Christian when he was little. Evidently, he turned away from Christianity now.

I'm not too sure about Mike and Tre's religion, though.

"No one ever died for my sins in hell, as far as I can tell" definately sounds agnostic. Maybe he just doesn't belong to a specific religion. Just because you like the symbolism in Catholisism doesn't make you Catholic.

Billie didnt write that song about him so that quote shouldnt count

I just remembered... isn't Billie Lushotlogist (sp?) or something like that.

wtf? if they wanted ppl to know their religion they would come out and say it!!

Er no, that was The Network taking the mick. :rolleyes:

I hope they aren't religious...religion is crap.

I think they all worship Tuna :) Not really, I have no idea what they worship, but it really doesn't matter. I find it hard to believe they're Christian, but if they were I wouldn't have a problem with it. Duh!

He was Christina when he was little? How 'bout that everyone; Billie got a sex change! lmfao :P

[/

ahahahah lmao sex change...funny image...

hell i dont even know what atheiests are :mellow:

hm... i think green day's religion is their music. enough said :)

In the New York Times podcast interview with Billie he is asked if they're religious or have a specific religion and he says they are all spiritual people and that he definitely believes there is something out there but that none of them practice any particular faith or religion.

i think bout this a lot just curious. i really dont know what they are though.. i wish i did ( not so i could be it too) just to know kinda like how ya wish ya knew how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootise pop

Mike's Religion is all starwars. GAYYYYY!!! I h8 SW!!

huh you hate SW? man, but that one of the best saga out there!

I feel like hitting you for hateing starwars naw J/K, with you!

In the New York Times podcast interview with Billie he is asked if they're religious or have a specific religion and he says they are all spiritual people and that he definitely believes there is something out there but that none of them practice any particular faith or religion.

I heard that interview...it was really interesting.

:)

ohhh fuck a duck.... do you guys really actually care what the hell their religion is? and ppl say i'm obsessed with them?! i don't think so now!

ohhh fuck a duck.... do you guys really actually care what the hell their religion is? and ppl say i'm obsessed with them?! i don't think so now!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

they dont hav a religon really when they got interviewed for a Q&A in the Idiot Club they said they weren't very religous so thats what it means that they are not anything at all. :wacko:

That's what I read. ( I'm on the idiot club, too) :)

From what I've learned... all Mike's religious beliefs are based on Star Wars, and he's "down" with Jesus. Billie likes Catholic Symbolisim. And Tre likes to wear t-shirts promoting Satan, lol. Like it was said before, in the New York Times interview Billie said they are all spiritual people. That could mean anything really, agnostic or otherwise. My conclusion to the question is that we will never really know anything beyond what BJ said in that interview, considering they answer with a joke most of the other times the question of their religion has been asked. So I guess we'll just have to make do with knowing they are spiritual people. Who knows, they could be anything from Christians to Catholics to Wiccans. lol, we probably spend more time thinking about their religion than they do! :P

From what I've learned... all Mike's religious beliefs are based on Star Wars, and he's "down" with Jesus. Billie likes Catholic Symbolisim. And Tre likes to wear t-shirts promoting Satan, lol. Like it was said before, in the New York Times interview Billie said they are all spiritual people. That could mean anything really, agnostic or otherwise. My conclusion to the question is that we will never really know anything beyond what BJ said in that interview, considering they answer with a joke most of the other times the question of their religion has been asked. So I guess we'll just have to make do with knowing they are spiritual people. Who knows, they could be anything from Christians to Catholics to Wiccans. lol, we probably spend more time thinking about their religion than they do! :P

I concur ! :thumbsup:

• 3 months later...

is it true that Green Day is Anti-Christ? ive been hearing that for 2 months and it annoys me having to keep thinking about it. do any of you know if thats true?

i dunno? i think it was Vh1 or MTV or in a magazine but i know better not to listen to MTV :P

Archived