Green Day and Drugs

nessa1416

Guest Quietus

Yeah, I would have less respect for them if they tried to deny they did drugs...it would be like, "how dumb do you think we are?"

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Billie Joe did speed to get mental clarity - I can"t imagine why he would do a loser drug like heroin. Most of what he"s done, from what he says, amounts to mood enhancers rather than trippier stuff or hallucinogenics.

As for influencing younger fans, I"ve never gone with this bullshit that of all the people in the world who could be your role model, you should pick on the most out-of-the-ordinary people, artists, and then expect them to live some kind of exemplary lives simply because a lot of young kids happen to like their music.

That"s what these young kids have parents for - the GD boys aren"t responsible for anybody"s children but their own.

The one thing GD have done for their fans, as regards their own drug use, is to be upfront and honest about it, and not treat kids like idiots. They"re just telling you the choices they made - it"s up to you to use your brain and make your own decisions for your own life.

exactly. I am responsible for my children and teaching them the rights or wrongs when it comes to such things as sex & drugs. I would never blame a celebrity if my kids did somthing catastrophic. I would have no one to blame but their father and myself.

Just something to think about. It seems to be the very young on this thread that think they are completely clean now and walk the straight and narrow. I wonder if its because they can't concieve of someone in their 30's, married, w/children doing anything remotely illegal. As if everyone that does drugs gets it all out of their system during their younger years before they settle down. That responsible adults aren't capable of supporting and raising a family and still smoking the occasional joint.

I don't really care about Green day doing drugs, especially as they don't exactly go around recommending them, except for cannabis, which I don't really have a problem with.

i think they only did drugs big time when they where younger. but i can still imagine them with a bit of pot now and then, in the studio maybe... like when they had the kart track n all that. anyway, as long as they dont get killed, pot is harmless. and i believed Tré when he said he snorts donut sprinkles!! :P

Haha, your sig is awesome! :D

supposedly coke. be a bit silly posting a picture that could possibly get you prosecuted.

i dont think theyre too worried about that.....

Just something to think about. It seems to be the very young on this thread that think they are completely clean now and walk the straight and narrow. I wonder if its because they can't concieve of someone in their 30's, married, w/children doing anything remotely illegal. As if everyone that does drugs gets it all out of their system during their younger years before they settle down. That responsible adults aren't capable of supporting and raising a family and still smoking the occasional joint.

If that"s the case, it"s because adults are not being honest with them, in the interest, as they see it, of being protective. The sooner we all drop the pretence and start talking about the reality of drug use, and the many reasons people do it, the better we can give kids guidelines they might actually accept - from our own experience.

My opinion only - yeah, I"d say GD still do stuff, not like when they were kids, probably for different reasons and effects. Billie drinks to take the edge off and to come down, and he"s open about it; also open about the fact that it has gone further than he wanted in the past - that"s the nature of alcohol. It"s his business, his life, and his head. I know it might seem a radical thing to say, but I"d rather see him do that than Prozac.

i dont necessarily thing theyre heroin addicts, but i highly doubt all 3 of them dont do anything.

i dont think theyre too worried about that.....

for the record, it was flour and was done on purpose to be a joke.

billie joe said a while back "just because i have a family and kids doesnt mean i should have to grow up, or change"

It wouldn't surprise me if they smoked some pot once in a while, but I highly doubt they're on herion. That stuff messes you up and they couldn't afford that, having a family, and being in Green Day.

I seriously doubt that people like them who have been so keen on drugs for such a long time will ever quit its use permanently. I am not specifying, because I really don't have any idea, but let's say chances are they still smoke pot at least. And I couldn't care less, really, I do not do drugs, and there's nothing I could do in order to prevent them from doing it. Even if there was something I could do, I still wouldn't do it, I really don't care, it's their life and they can do what they please, not to mention they are old enough and more than capable of knowing what their responsibilities are and what the effects of drugs can be on them.

Its just as bad, (well maybe not as bad ) to do it behind kids backs as it is in front of them, both stupid ways, it just like hiding something, no wait they are hiding something if they do to where their kids have no clue that they do it, if they do, its still a bad example and not being a full responsible parent if you do that in front of them or behind their backs, drugs like that shouldn’t be done period, no matter if some think its " the thing to do" or if they Think "its cool" that no an excuse to do them, cause it not, "cool"!

weirdly i agree,especially because the kids will know eventually,when i was little i had no idea my dad had ever even DRANK let alone done drugs,but when i got 16 my mom started throwing kinds of hints on accidents and i figured it out,it hurt me alot more that they hid it, i grew up thinking my parents were responsible and the best parents ever and i would watch cops or whatever and hate those parents that did drugs while they have children,and i go to find out my parents were like that... its disappointing. i would never ever ever even DRINK when i have children,if im grown up enough to have children im grown up enough to handle whatever comes my way without resorting to drugs or alcohol.

Okay, so as we all probably know, Green Day hasn't been quiet about their drug use (hmm, 2 dollar billie?). I've heard some people say that they don't do drugs anymore, and I've had some people tell me that they're heroin addicts :blink:. I don't really know how anyone on this site would know if they're on herion, unless they've ever talked about it in an interview or something....but what do you guys think about Green Day's drug use (or past drug use...i dont know)? I think, that whatever floats their boats really, I've done drugs, oooo, big deal! But heroin? Hm..i don't know about that :ermm: . What do you guys think?

i follow a band called jamiroquai-other of my favorite bands-when i dont listen green day and they have explicit songs about drugs like the return of the space cowby or cannabliss...

who cares :thumbsup::lol::lol:

i don't thinkt hey stopped doing drugs....but i don't really care if they do drugs, or not....the only thing i care about...is that they don't finish like the ramones...(most of them died because of drugs).... :/

to be honest, they obviously did them whne they wer younger but i very much doubt they do it now seeing as they are all fathers. i guess they are more responsible than to smoke pot infront of there children.

I agree :thumbsup:

i know for a fact that tre does NOT smoke...

tre said he doesnt do drugs caz "drugs are bad"

im not sure about billie and mike tho

I agree :thumbsup:

there's no need to smoke pot in front of your childrens....you can smoke when you're not with them.... :eyebrows:

so pretty much everyone (or a large percentage) of people here are saying the same sentence

"I dont think they do that stuff anymore"

we get it!

they don't do them anymore. once AI hit, i knew that since the songwriting was amazing, and sense they were very big-headed, they couldn't possibly be doing drugs anymore . . .

they don't do them anymore. once AI hit, i knew that since the songwriting was amazing, and sense they were very big-headed, they couldn't possibly be doing drugs anymore . . .

actually it probably started happening around Nimrod.

that era was a big breakthrough and a time of change and growing up.

AI could have promoted that sense but Nimrod started it

I think they're still doing them. They just don't let it interfere with the music, performances or professional commitments which is the way it should be. They are in control now.

Work hard, play hard.

yea in an interview billie said mike wrote the bass line for longview when he was on acid when he was younger. But there not doing drugs and stuff now i dont think

They probably DO do drugs... Just not as often considering how big Billie Joe is about being a family man.

Archived