Green Day and Drugs

nessa1416

Okay, so as we all probably know, Green Day hasn't been quiet about their drug use (hmm, 2 dollar billie?). I've heard some people say that they don't do drugs anymore, and I've had some people tell me that they're heroin addicts :blink:. I don't really know how anyone on this site would know if they're on herion, unless they've ever talked about it in an interview or something....but what do you guys think about Green Day's drug use (or past drug use...i dont know)? I think, that whatever floats their boats really, I've done drugs, oooo, big deal! But heroin? Hm..i don't know about that :ermm: . What do you guys think?

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i hope you know this is prbably gonna turn into a spam thread a closed

theres been a thread on this already :thumbsup:

im pretty sure they all still smoke pot...i dont think they even really consider it to be a drug....billie talked about it in a long interview once. he said he was getting really into meth and other hard drugs around insomniac time, then pulled out of it. mike looks like hes taken a lot of drugs in his day...he smoked his first joint in 1st or 2nd grade. and there was a picture of tre with coke in the studio about a year or 2 ago.

anyway....im pretty sure they all do them.

and there was a picture of tre with coke in the studio about a year or 2 ago.

supposedly coke. be a bit silly posting a picture that could possibly get you prosecuted.

Well, if this gets closed, it get's closed. I don't really care that much. It's 3:30 in the morning here, and I can't sleep so I thought we could have some kind of interesting conversation. But apearently not :P

PS Coke?? Come on Tre! Hm..I'm dissapointed. lol *just thought i'd share*

I agree with the "More drugs in their earlier days" today I think they still do them but not much

i read that billie joe used to be really into it and dealt when he was in like elementary school or whatever, but in rolling stone, he said that he doesn't get stoned any more.

Yep. Last Billie Joe was asked he said they moved on from them. He said that after a while he just noticed how shitty things were and how that whole rock and roll drug induced life wasn't for him.

Yep. Last Billie Joe was asked he said they moved on from them. He said that after a while he just noticed how shitty things were and how that whole rock and roll drug induced life wasn't for him.

He also says that alcohol is a 'good fit' for him - that would seem to be his drug of choice now.

Yeah I remember reading not too long ago that Billie said dugs are not his thing and he'd rather not have them around his kids.

He also says that alcohol is a 'good fit' for him - that would seem to be his drug of choice now.

well he also said a while back that he cut down a lot on his drinking because "i was starting to be like everyone's creepy uncle" or something like that.

I hope that's true; alcohol can be a shitty, insidious drug, and there are more references to it in his songs over the years than there are to speed or weed.

But it seems like he needs something, and it's easy to think of reasons why he would. So he's making the best choice he can and trying to have some control.

He's an adult and he's entitled to whatever he needs to give his head a break or just to chill.

I read in Q Magazine May 2005 the following text:

' I recognise my self-destructive side. Speed and cocaine dont suit me'

Billie-Joe Armstrong

I dont know, but i think they are not doing drugs anymore!

they have kids, come on!

i'm sure they dont!

also i read that billie had some problems with his voice so he cut down smoking and alcohol!

i hate every kind of drugs... drugs are only a way to run away form pain

Guest Quietus

well he also said a while back that he cut down a lot on his drinking because "i was starting to be like everyone's creepy uncle" or something like that.

Woah...that's an interesting quote right there.

I'm pretty sure they don't do drugs because they do have kids he wouldn't want his kids into drugs. :wacko::bunny: :kiss:

to be honest, they obviously did them whne they wer younger but i very much doubt they do it now seeing as they are all fathers. i guess they are more responsible than to smoke pot infront of there children.

Guest Phoebe.

Just because you might smoke pot, you don't exactly do it in front of your children. I have a friend who gets stoned sometimes with her mum, and she didn't know her mum did any of that until she actually caught her. It's not like you have to sit in front of the TV watching Dora The Explorer and sharing a joint with your kids, pot smoking parents can, and do, get away with it by no means getting thier kids involved in any way at all.

Archived